How a poker expert made his fortune — one cent at a time

ldw22

ldw22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for posting. Is it even possible to play 10k games a day? Time to check out his youtube channel instead. Hard to buy it.

You mean 10k hands per day, right? Sure it's possible. Let's say each online hand takes 2 minutes on average, that's 30 hands per hour. 30 hands per hour x 14 hours played per day x 24 tables played simultaneously = 10,080 hands per day.

Another player renowned for this intense multi-tabling approach is Randy Lew. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Lew

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players wishing to make the leap from amateur to pro also must make sure they have a good skill enough to understand the game and the nature of any game. Have favorable statistics on a large sample size, and a large enough bankroll can help counteract and balance the variance, you must face along the way. thank you for this great topic.!!

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for posting. Great story and interesting read.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess the internet connections are trustworthy . I have issues here in the USA !

Internet connections across Asia are a bit hit or miss but I would say generally pretty good overall. South Korea has the best internet I have ever seen on earth. Thailand is pretty good. Philippines and Vietnam are just average, could use some work.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for posting. Is it even possible to play 10k games a day? Time to check out his youtube channel instead. Hard to buy it.

Back when I was playing 10k hands per day I was 24-tabling for hours and hours on end. This was the table limit at the time on pokerstars :)

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You mean 10k HANDS per day, right? Sure it's possible. Let's say each online hand takes 2 minutes on average, that's 30 hands per hour. 30 hands per hour x 14 hours played per day x 24 tables played simultaneously = 10,080 hands per day.

Another player renowned for this intense multi-tabling approach is Randy Lew. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Lew

Randy "Nanonoko" Lew was/still is an absolute beast and legend of online poker, one of my heroes!

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read the material, I liked his story, the dude achieved results, and this once again suggests that teaching and teaching again to hone skills, I will also watch his book and video there, probably, there are interesting records.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the poker rooms should all offer .01/.02 microstakes. I think pokerstars still do but I think there are lots that don't. In addition they should offer spin and gos at micro levels as well (eg 25 cents). The challenges the poker rooms make available should be at the micro levels as well. When deciding on poker rooms to play these factors should be taken into consideration.

samircyber9

samircyber9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank for sharing this with us, i really enjoyed reading the article

Ragonesi

Ragonesi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fedkov

fedkov

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
First time I hear about this person. Thanks for the article very informative.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, great post and amazing to see the actual guy who it's about post too. All the best true stories are supported by the subject of the tale.

I am also one of those people that has trouble playing 2 tables, regardless of the stakes.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have nothing but good words for Nathan (blackrain). Learned so much from him. He really teaches you the ground floor on how to be a solid poker player. Kudos to him!

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
opinion

I think that all this is a fairy tale and not true. The illusion of making money on poker can haunt a person all his life. These people believe in it.

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I def. remember pokertableratings....LOL....I on the other hand, liked it.

Neat story and good for him. But you know his brain had to be absolute mush at the end of every day and for only $15 per hr average....ugggg

A

airvikki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for making this post relevant now, otherwise I would not have noticed it! Unfortunately, I had not heard of Nathan Williams and did not know such a stunning story. I went to this thread, then I saw this 'The Top 100 Greatest Poker Quotes of All Time - Hellmuth, Negreanu, Ivey, Dwan' and then this 'Ask BlackRain79 Anything About Cash Games' and I couldn't stop. Everything is interesting, only 24 hours a day is not enough)

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's a pretty cool story, but 10,000 hands in a day? :eek:

Jesus, my eyes hurt just from thinking about that.