How a poker expert made his fortune — one cent at a time

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for sharing; I enjoy regarding about him.

I imagine you know this but he has his own website: https://www.blackrain79.com/ His newsletter is pretty good. He also has published a number of books on microstakes strategy.

He seems like a really nice, down to earth guy.

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have enjoyed reading his material. Cool to see that someone could accomplish was he has - very creative approach.

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is amazing to play 24 games at the same time! I do not even try to play 2 games at the same time!

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hard core 10,000 hands daily but mostly 3K-5K hands daily. what in the heck. Kind of like ElkY! He is crazy.

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice read - thank you for sharing.
I too, hope to have a story some day. Waiting for that big win to launch my poker career. Stuck playing $.10(cents) tourneys at the moment and as soon as I run deep, I blow the profits on a cash table!

It is only a matter of time. My game continues to improve. I need to build a bigger bankroll ASAP so that I can move up in stakes!

rrickir

rrickir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That was an interesting story to read i never heard of that guy before. I don't know how he could do that playing that many tables for that many years like he did would definitely make me hate poker probably LOL.. but he was successful at it and seems like he's doing what he wanted now so that's great for him :)

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just saw this thread now. Thank you for the kind words everyone, I appreciate it. It was pretty cool to do this interview with Vox.

Yes, I do post on CardsChat from time to time. This is the #1 poker forum online in my opinion :)

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just read this inspiring story.I didn´t know someone could win that amount of money playing NL2.Thanks for sharing.

D

Dlbcanuck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why did @BlackRain79 move to Thailand? Cost of living vs Vancouver. I know the weather is better!!!

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very good stuff, this theme sets up a disciplined game without tilt. The most important question. How to play 24 tables at the same time it is possible to tightly control each hand and not make mistakes? He writes: "I know exactly what I am doing with each hand.":cool:

E

E V A N

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Considering I play poker mostly on mobile I would need quite a few cellphones to do this ��

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just saw this thread now. Thank you for the kind words everyone, I appreciate it. It was pretty cool to do this interview with Vox.

Yes, I do post on CardsChat from time to time. This is the #1 poker forum online in my opinion :)

Awesome read and good to know that the dream is still alive. Plus I got a link to the YouTube now :)

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That's a good story, but I wish I could play more than 3 tables at a time.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why did @BlackRain79 move to Thailand? Cost of living vs Vancouver. I know the weather is better!!!

I initially moved to Thailand because of the lower cost of living, great weather and the fact that there are thousands of other foreigners who work online already living there, many of them are online poker pros.

I spend a lot of time in other countries as well though, mostly in Asia. South Korea is awesome, so is Vietnam. And I love the Philippines as well where I am right now :)

Z

zahhar60

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
interesting

read the article. Creativity. On the basis of the players indifference to lower rates. Opponents ignore 1,2,5 cents. And our hero wins thanks to a huge number of hands played. I realized that it is constantly raising the floor of the bank. This is the only way to control the 24 tables simultaneously. It's such a pastime? Gymnastics for the mind, or a way to make money? If the gym is good. If you make money, it is bad. $ 15 per hour - very little

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That guy is a total legend. I wonder how his game is after playing that many hours against rec players. Obviously he's a great player, playing 24 tables at a time... thats just insane!

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks. I was interested to read this article. He could win at least half a dollar if he played Cardschat tournaments. The guy is purposeful.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
online in Thailand

I guess the internet connections are trustworthy . I have issues here in the USA !

ganbat

ganbat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for posting. Is it even possible to play 10k games a day? Time to check out his youtube channel instead. Hard to buy it.