Here we go, folks! Negreanu vs. Polk beginning November 1, 2020

H

Hanosch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fans will get to see the first part of the match on Nov. 4 — live from the PokerGo Studio. (the first 200 hands are free to watch)

Wait, so i will need something like a season pass or sth to see that stuff?

C

cportweed

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
streaming sites November 4 | 5pm PT/8pm ET.

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
hahaha, should be fun... gonna have to watch some of it

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you have to be located in NV to be able to rail this? I know that you can rail pokerstars from the USA even though you can't play. I hope that's the same for wsop.com.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Do you have to be located in NV to be able to rail this? I know that you can rail PokerStars from the USA even though you can't play. I hope that's the same for WSOP.com.

That I am not sure of. But, the little I did find with a quick google search pretty much leads me to believe we cannot rail.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Kicks off on the 4th, not the 1st, right?

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't care so much about watching the stream, but is there a place where they will be posting running results?

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Kicks off on the 4th, not the 1st, right?

Originally it was stated they would begin on the 1st - but, it seems after some discussion with PokerGo it begins on the 4th. At least, that's the way I read it.

dartwind

dartwind

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The free match stream is already up on Youtube and it's posted by PokerGO. You can find it by searching on Youtube. The clock is ticking down to game time.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel Negreanu could once again live stream the game. He made good streams on his channel. But apparently Poker Go forbade him to show this duel. They plan to benefit from this broadcast.

dartwind

dartwind

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu could once again live stream the game. He made good streams on his channel. But apparently Poker Go forbade him to show this duel. They plan to benefit from this broadcast.

It was a trade off. Daniel and Doug decided to play the first 200 hands live during this pandemic. This meant they needed a place to play, nurses and tests, good coverage, etc. PokerGO is providing everything for only publicity. The match is available for free on Youtube.

I think playing live gives Daniel a reading edge to the first 200 hands of the match. On the other hand Doug gets his notes and charts. Game on!

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope Polk kicks Negreanu's ass into the trash can. More ass-kicking is better.

Negreanu has become a totally narcissistic, arrogant, self-important master baiter over the past couple of years. His online mtt game is abc and uncreative for the most part. I watched him min cash 30 times with multiple rebuys in this year's online wsop...he was very often the fish at the table. I believe he showed a not insignificant negative roi over the series.

But watching him taught me a bit..sure..brought into focus some of the stuff Polk has been saying for years about ranges. But he was way too often playing his own cards, and not his opponents' cards.

But what do I know...not much.

chippawa1234

chippawa1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nov 4th its gonna be fun to watch! Let's go dnegs

TheHulk7

TheHulk7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't expect anything but "easy" money for Doug, Daniel isnt a HU player, not sure why Polk want to play him but yeah.. hope it will be interesting to watch :)

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't expect anything but "easy" money for Doug, Daniel isnt a HU player, not sure why Polk want to play him but yeah.. hope it will be interesting to watch :)

That's exactly what I've thought, except I'm not sure why Daniel has made such a suicidal decision. Probably something to do with Ego and personal things. But he has really a lot fewer chances on win, as he is more known, as live tournament player and on another hand we have Doug, who actually profiled as HU player for many years and grinded up his roll and name from that, yet before he started to play big tournaments too.

Good luck them both, tho. I'm wondering how it will outcome. :)

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm thinking this is more for publicity and bragging rights for two very prolific poker players. So as far as who will win, we have to remember, the match will last 25,000 hands and the competitors will play two tables at once. There is a lot of poker to play there and either one of them could win.

Let the game begin! :)

(I do hope it's as entertaining as we expect! :))

Freeman748

Freeman748

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I look forward to :) May the strongest win!:boxing: