Here we go, folks! Negreanu vs. Polk beginning November 1, 2020

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will not miss it, it will be a massacre, I hope I win black, but let's see how their foreheads will do in each hand

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
OK, then, I have never heard anyone use the term this way but unlike most Keyboard warriors, I can say I was wrong, about the definition, so then both Doug and Dnegs fit this definition of Upstart
Hmmmm...

Well this makes you immediately more interesting to me! :)

You weren't completely wrong, as you can see from the dictionary definition posted for your benefit there is an element of 'rapid ascent' in the meaning of upstart..

Considering the 'upstart' was 10 years old when the mighty DNegs won his first wsop bracelet (more than twenty years ago) I think it's a little bit of a stretch to try and define them both as upstarts which, in my opinion, Negreanu is not.

I never said I wasn't biased. :)

I like KidPoker, I dislike his jerk opponent.

We can agree to disagree, it's not a major thing... :dontknow:

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Can't wait for this to happen. I think Polk will be more aggressive and win more hands while Negreanu will be betting more with the larger hands. It will be interesting to see who wins.

I agree. That matches with their perceived styles.
However, KidPoker has been getting some serious training. So much that Matisow is putting half his bank roll and The not-so-young-anymore Canuck.

Personally, I don't really care much about this match. Polk is heartbroken to not have been recognised by his hero, and has turned nasty as a result. Negranu has become a bit of a knob these days. He gets into some stupid fracas with folks and says far too many things without thinking.

Neither should be considered role models anymore.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hope someone with WSOP account will stream it.
Poker Go will stream some and Doug Polk will stream other parts on his Twitch.

Is there any sports book taking action on this?

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hope there will be a good stream, maybe with a cool commentary...
If there won't be one then they gonna be in trouble because all the
poker world will try to watch the tables in the client, which will probably crash then....

I suppose both players are extremly motivated to win this challenge so we should see HU poker at it's best.

If i was to bet on it i would go for dneg cause the odds are much better, like 4 to 1.
Polk gets 1 to 7 and i don't really see him having such a big edge.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmmmm... Well this makes you immediately more interesting to me! :) You weren't completely wrong, as you can see from the dictionary definition posted for your benefit there is an element of 'rapid ascent' in the meaning of upstart.. Considering the 'upstart' was 10 years old when the mighty DNegs won his first WSOP bracelet (more than twenty years ago) I think it's a little bit of a stretch to try and define them both as upstarts which, in my opinion, Negreanu is not. I never said I wasn't biased. :) I like KidPoker, I dislike his jerk opponent. We can agree to disagree, it's not a major thing... :dontknow:
LOL- and I think DNEGS is a corporate shill who took all the respect and likeability he gained from when he was "kidpoker" and turned into an ego driven liberal vegan who literally turns my stomach when he is talked about 'as if" he is some super nice guy. Have you ever seen or heard him disagree with someone on any subject ??? BUT -yes you and I will disagree and it was not a big deal, BUT you did search for and find that definition so I can admit I am not close to being a know everything. All in good fun , my CC brother/sister :D In todays world I would die if I assumed the wrong pronoun EDIT:: Wait a minute, you just used the definition of upstart I used in order to defend DNEGS ??? HaHa

Is Poker Go going to stream this on Youtube?
POKERGO- is behind a pay wall - I believe, don't quote me, but try searching for it. Doug might be the only free option on his channel EDIT: You did NOT think DNEGS would do something "free" for the fans?? He must get his corporate silver. Maybe if enough go on Twitter you could shame him into getting pokerGO to do it for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
LOL- and I think DNEGS is a corporate shill who took all the respect and likeability he gained from when he was "kidpoker" and turned into an ego driven liberal vegan who literally turns my stomach when he is talked about 'as if" he is some super nice guy. Have you ever seen or heard him disagree with someone on any subject ??? BUT -yes you and I will disagree and it was not a big deal, BUT you did search for and find that definition so I can admit I am not close to being a know everything. All in good fun , my CC brother/sister :D In todays world I would die if I assumed the wrong pronoun EDIT:: Wait a minute, you just used the definition of upstart I used in order to defend DNEGS ??? HaHa
I truly am your CC brother. :wink: :biggrin:

You're entitled to your opinion of course, it can be entirely contrary and will still not threaten mine. :)

Last edited:
dartwind

dartwind

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
POKERGO- is behind a pay wall - I believe, don't quote me, but try searching for it. Doug might be the only free option on his channel EDIT: You did NOT think DNEGS would do something "free" for the fans?? He must get his corporate silver. Maybe if enough go on Twitter you could shame him into getting pokerGO to do it for free.

Sorry, I just quoted you. lol

I just watched Daniel on the podcast and he said Poker Go is streaming the first 200 hands for free.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry, I just quoted you. lol

I just watched Daniel on the podcast and he said Poker Go is streaming the first 200 hands for free.

The first "200" ??? Of a 25000 hand match ?? Looks like I know DNEGS pretty well, 200 hands and how many will click the pay button to see the rest Haha . I know, I should NOT be mean he is giving almost , not quite but almost 1% of the hands for free.

I support Dneg.

This has really got traction. People are excited. Just wondering are any people wagering on this match?? I believe if you are outside of the U.S. you can bet with Timex's Company, damm I forgot the name. ???( old age, creeping up) "pokershares" that is the name, I don't know what the odds are, the U.S. is blocked from even looking at the lines LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
dont like either of them nowadays ...

so i dont know who to root for . d negs was fun about 8 years ago , but now he is just tiresome ! but heads up matches are usually entertaining because of the inevitable ego clashes .

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Polk embarrassed himself with the billboard and T-shirt incident against DNegs and I favor DNegs.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Gotta figure they will find a way to monetize this.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wooo hoooo excited to watch this

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rooting for them both to lose - go rake!

Ok maybe not, but I am not interested in these two trying to stay relevant anymore.

Also heads-up NL to me is super boring to watch, even at huge stakes.

dartwind

dartwind

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first "200" ??? Of a 25000 hand match ?? Looks like I know DNEGS pretty well, 200 hands and how many will click the pay button to see the rest Haha . I know, I should NOT be mean he is giving almost , not quite but almost 1% of the hands for free.

Only the first day (200 hands) will be on Poker Go. I was concerned that I would need to pay for that. The rest of the match will be streamed for free elsewhere. (WSOP website I think is one place.)

This match may take two months before it is over.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Only the first day (200 hands) will be on Poker Go. I was concerned that I would need to pay for that. The rest of the match will be streamed for free elsewhere. (WSOP website I think is one place.)

This match may take two months before it is over.
Is it free to make an account & watch these first 200 hands on Poker Go?

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dartwind

dartwind

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it free to make an account & watch these first 200 hands on Poker Go?

I think it will be on their Youtube channel like the Hellmuth vs Esfandiari was but I'm not sure. Or you may be able to stream it on the website without a login. I won't know for sure until an hour or two before it starts.

Please let me know if you find out more.