Here we go, folks! Negreanu vs. Polk beginning November 1, 2020

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Doug Polk versus Daniel Negreanu is officially on and will begin Nov. 1. All the action will take place on wsop.com, a poker site available in Nevada where both participants reside.

Polk and Negreanu will compete in a $200/$400 No-Limit Hold’em contest. The match will last 25,000 hands and the competitors will play two tables at once.

Currently, there has been no announcement of a live stream.

Polk, Negreanu Set to Battle in Highly Anticipated Heads-Up Match on WSOP.com

J

jerargent

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Excellent news!
I look forward to indicating where they will transmit them. I hope they transmit it with letters in sight !!

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
ERMAGHERD this is exciting!

Looking forward to KidPoker wiping the floor with that upstart jerk.

Thanks for the nod Shells! :love:

J

JZacharyLucas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dougs the clear favorite, would be surprised if DN got the best of him.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to admit I was reading through poker news and gossip yesterday and I actually thought this wasn't going to happen after Doug was complaining about how hard it was to pin down the details. I'm really glad the details ended up getting worked out in the past day or so and we have ourselves a good old fashioned Heads Up For Rollz match the way we used to!!

HitCo33

HitCo33

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am looking forward to this match!

thanks for the update :)

Last edited by a moderator:
pothead2012

pothead2012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
would have been much cooler if they played it live but still let`s see how it goes and if thats the end of their drama xd

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm surprised they aren't playing live. They already have Hellmuth and Esfandiari playing live heads up and that was beautifully done! Still going to be interesting to see though.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will try to keep up, although it is not the duel I would choose

H

Hanosch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm. Not to sure if an online 1 v 1 match actually fits Negreanus style and skill. Yet always intresting to get such competition and see who get s the best of it.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excited for that matchup. Going to be interesting ane better if it can be watched.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Watching Negreanu playing is always inspirational.:)

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great news. :)
It must be interesting.

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where can we watch it and which time?

Threshold2122

Threshold2122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow really hope they get a stream sorted for this it looks like a real intense match up

My money is on Dan but you never know how it will turn out

Good luck out there

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hope someone with WSOP account will stream it.

dartwind

dartwind

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't wait for this to happen. I think Polk will be more aggressive and win more hands while Negreanu will be betting more with the larger hands. It will be interesting to see who wins.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is this a sporting event? is there a prize in addition to the money won? will the rake be withdrawn from the participants? then there is a chance that both will be at a loss.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ERMAGHERD this is exciting!

Looking forward to KidPoker wiping the floor with that upstart jerk.

Thanks for the nod Shells! :love:

LOL -Upstart ?? Doesn't that mean NEW to the game or something like that?? Doug Polk -you can definitely hate him but to imply he is not a long-time crusher is just wrong. He was probably the best online heads-up player during the poker "nose-bleed" stakes , He dusted off Sauce123 , (Ben Sulsky another OG crusher) for over a million dollars in an epic match. Then he used to comment on how "weak" tournament players games were, and he played some Mtts and won the 1-drop tourney , he has 2 or 3 WSOP bracelets. So hate hi all you want but "upstart" ?? Not really

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
LOL -Upstart ?? Doesn't that mean NEW to the game or something like that?? Doug Polk -you can definitely hate him but to imply he is not a long-time crusher is just wrong. He was probably the best online heads-up player during the poker "nose-bleed" stakes , He dusted off Sauce123 , (Ben Sulsky another OG crusher) for over a million dollars in an epic match. Then he used to comment on how "weak" tournament players games were, and he played some Mtts and won the 1-drop tourney , he has 2 or 3 WSOP bracelets. So hate hi all you want but "upstart" ?? Not really

upstart

/ˈʌpstɑːt/

noun

DEROGATORY

a person who has risen suddenly in rank or importance, especially one who behaves arrogantly.

"An upstart is
someone who's cocky and arrogant, and who doesn't show much respect for other people. There are many ways of starting up trouble — one is by being an upstart. Upstarts are people who are full of themselves and dismissive of others."

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doug Polk versus Daniel Negreanu is officially on and will begin Nov. 1. All the action will take place on WSOP.com, a poker site available in Nevada where both participants reside.

Polk and Negreanu will compete in a $200/$400 No-Limit Hold’em contest. The match will last 25,000 hands and the competitors will play two tables at once.

Currently, there has been no announcement of a live stream.

Polk, Negreanu Set to Battle in Highly Anticipated Heads-Up Match on WSOP.com

I think we have Phil Galfond and his challenge to thank !! It seems people are getting excited for Heads-up battles again. I know I really like the idea of 2 guys battling it out. I think many people, even many poker players do NOT realize just how different a game is when it is heads up cash. I don't know what made DNEGS accept this challenge, Of course, he has the money, and he has a ridiculous ego, I guess that is all it takes. He has never put any volume in playing heads up poker, so Doug has to have an edge, many people , Doug included, are taking BIG side bets with odds, I am not a huge risk taker so this makes me nervous, but poker pros have no problem risking alot if the chance is there for a huge pay-off. Hope to see many more of these types of matches

upstart

/ˈʌpstɑːt/

noun

DEROGATORY

a person who has risen suddenly in rank or importance, especially one who behaves arrogantly.

"An upstart is
someone who's cocky and arrogant, and who doesn't show much respect for other people. There are many ways of starting up trouble — one is by being an upstart. Upstarts are people who are full of themselves and dismissive of others."

OK, then, I have never heard anyone use the term this way but unlike most Keyboard warriors, I can say I was wrong, about the definition, so then both Doug and Dnegs fit this definition of Upstart

Last edited by a moderator: