He Connected Poker to the World and Still Does: Doyle Brunson, Immortal Champion

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes Yes !! this is a super legend! he is already 80 years old - if not more)))

1Payou

1Payou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doyle is one of my favorites, Heard this might be his last tournament. Do you know if this is true^

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A poker genius. People like Doyle Brunson are the ones who motivate people to believe that dreams are possible to be fulfilled.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Quick Doyle Brunson story.
A friend of mine's son, who I have played poker with, was playing a WSOP tournament game about 5 or 6 years ago. He was at a table with Texas Dollie and ended up heads up with TD.

He shoved on the river and was called by Mr. Brunson, who had the winning hand knocking my friends son out.

This was at a "feature" table, so it was being televised. He stood up, dropped an F bomb, and stormed off.

His father, stopped him as he walked away and told him,
You don't disrespect Doyle Brunson get back there and show him the respect he deserves. His son walked back to the table to shake his hand and congratulate Doyle on a Nice hand.

RESPECT!!!!!
:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Doyle Brunson Opts Out of WSOP Main Event

Doyle-Brunson-1200x800.jpeg

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
636203626346111799-d-series-of-po670795.JPG

It is impossible brother to talk about poker, without talking about Doyle Brunson.
For me he is the best poker player of all time.
Thanks for bringing it to a post on CC.
The most important phrase I read in one of his books was when he told an anecdote of millionaire cash tables in which he played, and he said "there were players that I could beat without looking at my cards."
It is not a superb phrase, but rather a phrase in which he expresses how poker should be played.
A family man, an example of education for all.
Too bad there aren't many who have learned from him.
Those who did, highly benefited.
Regards brother and thanks again:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

shamanidzeyuriy

shamanidzeyuriy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
my first poker teacher, Legend health him!

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Doyle is an absolute legend!! It is impossible to not like him. He might not be "the best of all time" (if that can be evaluated somehow), but certainly he is a strong candidate to the greatest of all time, for all that he represents. Of course, at his side there are many others great players, but how many of these first players still hold their position in the greatest tournaments in the world?
Again, that's why poker is great! A 88 years old man still battling with the young generation. That's amazing to see.

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
RIP Doyle. As the song says, we are dust in the wind... But your legacy remains.

ENRIQUE23977

ENRIQUE23977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
T2
Godfather of poker Doyle Brunson, two-time world poker champion, dies at 89. No details are known about the cause of his death, which had a great influence on many generations of players.
Brunson won 10 world series of poker (WSP) tournaments and was a two-time main event world champion, in 1976 and 1977.
Originally from the town of Longworth, Texas, he wore a handsome cowboy hat. I especially liked his hat because where I belong this type of clothing is admired, I am a llanero from Venezuela and we see ourselves like our famous Venezuelan llanera music singer Reinaldo Armas:

2-2.jpg

He wrote one of his first books on poker strategy, Super System, considered a bible of this game. Daniel Negreanu called him a "legend". And he tweeted: "There will never be another Doyle Brunson. He will be missed by many."

Scotty Nguyen
images
He said for his part that "they cannot believe that this day has come". "You will always be high in our hearts, the man, myth, legend and godfather of poker!" Nguyen tweeted.

The truth is that nobody is eternal, but the legacy that Doyle Brunson left, mattered forever, since we will remember him with his famous and favorite 10-2 poker hand.

Attachments

• doyle Brunson.jpg
    doyle Brunson.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Godfather of poker Doyle Brunson, two-time world poker champion, dies at 89. No details are known about the cause of his death, which had a great influence on many generations of players.
Brunson won 10 World Series of Poker (WSP) tournaments and was a two-time main event world champion, in 1976 and 1977.
Originally from the town of Longworth, Texas, he wore a handsome cowboy hat. I especially liked his hat because where I belong this type of clothing is admired, I am a llanero from Venezuela and we see ourselves like our famous Venezuelan llanera music singer Reinaldo Armas:

2-2.jpg

He wrote one of his first books on poker strategy, Super System, considered a bible of this game. Daniel Negreanu called him a "legend". And he tweeted: "There will never be another Doyle Brunson. He will be missed by many."

Scotty Nguyen
images
He said for his part that "they cannot believe that this day has come". "You will always be high in our hearts, the man, myth, legend and godfather of poker!" Nguyen tweeted.

The truth is that nobody is eternal, but the legacy that Doyle Brunson left, mattered forever, since we will remember him with his famous and favorite 10-2 poker hand.
I feel very privileged to have his two books, Super System and Super System 2.