Guy Laliberte was arrested for growing cannabis

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is incredible how in 2019 it is still illegal to grow or consume cannabis, but more incredible is that a person with so much money does not go to countries where cannabis use is legal

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to grow 6 plants in the backyard when i was in Thailand...lol
Fresh leaves to brew tea every morning.

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Liberty for Laliberte!

Leave Guy to his business on his own private island ffs..

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ah, french laws ... Poor him. But I didn't know he was a poker player.
Liberté!

fenoz

fenoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a pity that many more countries have strict laws on this beautiful flower ... But cigarettes and alcohol are always welcome.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It is incredible how in 2019 it is still illegal to grow or consume cannabis, but more incredible is that a person with so much money does not go to countries where cannabis use is legal

The people who use cannabis have to remember to find out the laws in other countries before travelling. I'm a little shocked that Guy didn't perform due diligence before growing, given he is not exactly unknown. Who knows? Maybe he was growing too much?? but according to the article, it doesn't appear it would have been too much.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Well I guess it was on his own 'island'. I'm thinking one would feel fairly secure there.
Does seem pretty stupid for sure (have you watched him play poker??? I believe he was the reason for a bunch of younger players becoming wealthy younger players)
He must really like pot.

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shouldve just bought some then its only possession,some jealous clown prolly narked him off.Anyway screw the system,if you moan about the system the doc will quite happily dope you up to the eyeballs with specifically designed manufactured prescription drugs 24 hours a day for the rest of your life,but you think people are allowed to be happy with this wonderful medicine nature gives us..even just now n then.oh no no no .You are allowed to be a tool or a zombie but they dont really like the in-betweeners much.Or should i say the truly awake lol.:icon_puke

Fishmasterbaiter

Fishmasterbaiter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow

Wow, that's unreal. Facing possible ten years for "several plants for personal use'?! Thats nucking futs! You are practically encouraged to do so in California! Crazy.....
Guy Laliberte, the founder of Cirque du Soleil and high stakes poker enthusiast, was arrested on his private island in the French Polynesian for growing cannabis. He was charged with possession and cultivation of narcotics.

Guy Laliberte Arrested for Growing Cannabis on French Polynesian Private Island

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can,t believe he didnt know the laws there something doesn't seem right.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

with a balloon to the moon
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wonder how they catched him. Since hes the owner of the island, why did he not find a place where they would not recognize it? And why did he grew it himself instead of buying it somewhere? Guys with that much money should he no problems in finding good quality weed no?

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sucks for Guy, sad there is such archaic laws against pot still all over the world. It's perfectly legal to drink yourself retarded on alcohol but pot is this awful thing lol. So so stupid.

Hopefully he has enough money he can get off pretty light :)

DTMath

DTMath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Canada cannabis

Going to have to come to canada. At this time you are allowed to grow 4 plants at home. In my province of Alberta we have 50 shops you can purchase from. They are working on legalizing selling eatables. It follows the same rules as alcohol you can not be using it in public area's. It is all new here so they are still working out rules.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly I can only think that he pissed someone off and they reported him.

What else really makes sense?

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unbelievable. So Stupid. Should have paid off the cops. Lol

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Honestly I can only think that he pissed someone off and they reported him.

What else really makes sense?

That was my first thought when I read the article, too. Nothing else really makes sense. After all, he is a billionaire and a businessman, you mean to tell me he didn't know the laws? hmmm...

M

megiverz1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mr Laliberte probably knew very well it was illegal. In what world a man can not grow whatever he wants in his own private island? *cough cough*

At the same time he will easily get away with it, he has lawyers and money. Good for him.

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kind of strange. I mean even if it was for personal use, a private greenhouse doesn't take much space and i'm assuming his property is large. Someone he pissed off contacted the police, and maybe they had an ax to grind? Seems like there is a little more to the story.

D

danntesvarna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now,I like him a little more.I think he has somethink mad in his personality.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As other people have suggested already, most likely someone tipped off the police as an act of revenge for something completely different. Otherwise its really hard to imagine, that law enforcement officers have nothing better to do than visit a private island to look for home grown cannabis.

U

unluckyAF

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys, i am french, and rest assured he is not going to spend one night in jail except if he was growing 1000 plants of course... Especially in Polynesia i think.
You know police people... they wanted an easy catch and had a tip or something to look good.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cool story for a private island. These are his ill-wishers and envious persons told police. Most likely a crop was grown on several hectares of land. I do not believe that the owner was not aware of the violation of the law while engaging in this activity. Perhaps the punishment will not be very severe if the fact of the sale of marijuana was not.:confused::confused::cool: