Good news for online poker players.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is great news for my fellow American players! :)

Congrats.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll believe it when I see it.

In America, I seem to be one of the more angry and upset people about Black Friday, most other poker players just shrugged and moved on, but I've been speaking out and complaining about what happened on Black Friday (and why it happened) for the past decade straight.

It is a tragedy and it is a travesty of everything America (supposedly) stands for... it is hypocrisy of the highest sort, it is irony that the United States national anthem closes with the two phrases "Land of the Free" and "Home of the Brave" but all I see around me are subservient order-followers in masks who aren't very free or very brave at all...

Anyway, remedy the decade since US DOJ Southern District NY under Preet Bharara took away our freedom on April 15, 2011, and perhaps I'll start to speak positively about my idiotic Federal Government again... but I haven't been holding my breath and I'm not about to start now. MAKE US RIGHT, MAKE US WHOLE, AND MAKE POKER GREAT AGAIN. You traitors...

Last edited:
E

eliasyarosh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck everyone. It's a good news

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll believe it when I see it.

In America, I seem to be one of the more angry and upset people about Black Friday, most other poker players just shrugged and moved on, but I've been speaking out and complaining about what happened on Black Friday (and why it happened) for the past decade straight.

It is a tragedy and it is a travesty of everything America (supposedly) stands for... it is hypocrisy of the highest sort, it is irony that the United States national anthem closes with the two phrases "Land of the Free" and "Home of the Brave" but all I see around me are subservient order-followers in masks who aren't very free or very brave at all...

Anyway, remedy the decade since US DOJ Southern District NY under Preet Bharara took away our freedom on April 15, 2011, and perhaps I'll start to speak positively about my idiotic Federal Government again... but I haven't been holding my breath and I'm not about to start now. MAKE US RIGHT, MAKE US WHOLE, AND MAKE POKER GREAT AGAIN. You traitors...

Just a question for you - what do you think would have happened if Black Friday didn't occur? (Specifically to the players on Full Tilt). The business was being run into the ground because of certain parties, and people continues to deposit money, but those funds weren't segregated such that if, for example, everyone wanted to withdraw their money but there were no funds for it. What do you think would have happened?

Yes, the US Government slipped in the UIGEA as part of another bill, but the road travelled at the time would have had a much worse outcome than where things are today.

Yes, it sucked it happened (I'm in canada, I will never forget that day), but things might have been much worse otherwise. Plus, a LOT of people were very angry about what happened, you were far from the only vocal one, and many people to this day are still bitter about full tilt poker specifically.

But, things are in a much better place, though I have to agree that your government's priorities in terms of what they choose to legalize (state run lotteries on games that have NO skill involved versus poker, a game of skill that is still not legalized in many states) is ass-backwards.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm rooting for good news like this, but I still can't believe it was "blocked" :mad::confused::( fortunately it is not possible to stop progress... (forever)

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be great to create a group of specific countries, I see that there are some but there are many countries missing