Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
He is living in the US, so in order to play on Stars he had to travel to another country, which is not particularly convenient. With GG Poker he does not have that problem, and maybe they simply gave him a better offer.

That makes a lot of sense mate, thanks for the reply!

Wasn't he always living in Nevada though? For quite some time?

That doesn't change the facts I guess...

Presumably as a brand ambassador for Stars, you aren't allowed to play on other sites, at least, not on stream/YouTube etc anyway..

There could be infinite reasons why of course, it was just my understanding that DNegs was very fond of Stars and vice versa..

Perhaps just my imagination and gullibility!

Especially considering the short timeframe between leaving Stars and joining GG.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wouldn't be bothered if they disappeared. I downloaded and logged on and there is nothing on offer worth bothering with. A bit like party poker now which also has nothing to offer new players.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That makes a lot of sense mate, thanks for the reply!

Wasn't he always living in Nevada though? For quite some time?

That doesn't change the facts I guess...

Presumably as a brand ambassador for Stars, you aren't allowed to play on other sites, at least, not on stream/YouTube etc anyway..

There could be infinite reasons why of course, it was just my understanding that DNegs was very fond of Stars and vice versa..

Perhaps just my imagination and gullibility!

Especially considering the short timeframe between leaving Stars and joining GG.

He recently got married, which might have reduced his interest in traveling. Its all just guesswork though, and several other pros have also parted ways with Stars recently.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Wouldn't be bothered if they disappeared. I downloaded and logged on and there is nothing on offer worth bothering with. A bit like party poker now which also has nothing to offer new players.

I guess that depends upon what you consider to be 'nothing on offer'. For some... games running on reliable software with reliable payouts with decent traffic is considered to be 'lots on offer'. I suppose it's all relative.

J

Jak0diamonds

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive been playing at gg for a month now and its sick. Buy a prepaid mastercard and check it out. Cash tables are nice. Only downside if your a micro player they have nothing less than a dollor, honestly lowest bounty i seen was 2.10 and 5$ bigs

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ive been playing at gg for a month now and its sick. Buy a prepaid mastercard and check it out. Cash tables are nice. Only downside if your a micro player they have nothing less than a dollor, honestly lowest bounty i seen was 2.10 and 5$ bigs

I'd have to agree.
I only wish I'd deposited more on there so I'd be rolled to at least play $5 & $10 mtt's. For now I guess I'll need to stick to 5nl cash tables & try to grind it up.

One thing you'll notice immediately is... it's rare for anyone to even sit with 100bb's (or reload to 100bb) & they do like to gamble.
I had a funny hand happen on my first night. In a BvB hand I flopped trips in BB. SB (villain) check-called flop & turn for near pot-sized bets. I rivered quads & before I could think of how to get the most money in the middle, villain chose to lead out, donking allin.. ~3x pot, lol with Air. I soon learned it wasn't that unusual for on there (ie. players will open shove 100bb w garbage ie. J6o)

bylly3

bylly3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for this news.
In my country I think online poker is not regulated for authorities. xD

shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd have to agree.
I only wish I'd deposited more on there so I'd be rolled to at least play $5 & $10 mtt's. For now I guess I'll need to stick to 5nl cash tables & try to grind it up.

One thing you'll notice immediately is... it's rare for anyone to even sit with 100bb's (or reload to 100bb) & they do like to gamble.
I had a funny hand happen on my first night. In a BvB hand I flopped trips in BB. SB (villain) check-called flop & turn for near pot-sized bets. I rivered quads & before I could think of how to get the most money in the middle, villain chose to lead out, donking allin.. ~3x pot, lol with Air. I soon learned it wasn't that unusual for on there (ie. players will open shove 100bb w garbage ie. J6o)

haha it really is like the wild west of poker on gg i swear its crazy tho i do have some pretty swingy days with sick hands

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I only wish I'd deposited more on there

Now I'm REALLY glad I didn't deposit more on there. I'm also wishing I had signed up to the site via a different link and taken advantage of some of the sign-up offers available.

BigDice75

BigDice75

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I signed up for GGPoker from argentina a while ago but have not yet played because I don't have a verified account. I hope to play sometime before GGPoker leaves my country.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not one of the biggest sitesbutstill seems to get a fairbit of traffic, sure this will hit them hard.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am playing there and the games are good and soft

W

wizcup

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is better for ggpoker. As of currently, they often had server issues, mass disconnect and tournament disappearance.

With the restriction can decrease the load for a while.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
On the topic of GG...

I'm intrigued as to why KidPoker was unwilling to continue being a brand ambassador for Stars, but happy to do so for another platform...
You're not that naive are you, It's all to do with money, DN is no different to anyone else, he went where the most money can be put into his bank account.

:top:
He recently got married, which might have reduced his interest in traveling. Its all just guesswork though, and several other pros have also parted ways with Stars recently.
That's even more reason to travel.

:rock:

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was thinking of using a Mastercard 'Perfect Gift' card to deposit on there (works for 888, Stars & Titan)

Titan Poker is available for Canadian players? I thought it wasn't.

If that's the case, does Cardschat have a signup link for Titan?

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is a shame, I hope they don't limit it here in brazil!

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
just maje poker legal im sick of losing sites

P

pimaiga

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hopefully uk will still be in regulation

ABOUT THE UK POKER REGULATION.

QUOTE=Shells;5412721]Speaking to various media outlets, Head of GGPoker Jean-Christophe Antoine confirmed that regulatory issues had prompted the decision to leave a dozen grey markets.

These countries are on a list expected to exit in the coming months - Belgium, Bulgaria, Colombia, Czech Republic, Georgia, Greece, Lithuania, The netherlands, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, switzerland.

GGPoker to Exit Grey Markets Ahead of Entry into Regulated Regions[/QUOTE]