It's amazing that my country is not

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These countries have limited their laws to gambling operators. The main thing is that other countries do not fall under sanctions. This network is normal.

ldw22

ldw22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Speaking to various media outlets, Head of GGPoker Jean-Christophe Antoine confirmed that regulatory issues had prompted the decision to leave a dozen grey markets.

These countries are on a list expected to exit in the coming months - Belgium, Bulgaria, Colombia, Czech Republic, Georgia, Greece, Lithuania, The Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Switzerland.

GGPoker to Exit Grey Markets Ahead of Entry into Regulated Regions
But it does operate in the UK, and plans to continue operating here, right? The reason I'm asking is because I haven't checked it out yet, definitely plan to give it a whirl now that Daniel Negreanu is its ambassador, but have just noticed that it doesn't yet feature in the Cardschat "Your Independent Guide to The Best
(and Worst) UK Online poker sites" shortlist of recommended UK sites, so I'm wondering whether I should steer clear of it?

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
But it does operate in the UK, and plans to continue operating here, right? The reason I'm asking is because I haven't checked it out yet, definitely plan to give it a whirl now that Daniel Negreanu is its ambassador, but have just noticed that it doesn't yet feature in the Cardschat "Your Independent Guide to The Best
(and Worst) UK Online Poker Sites" shortlist of recommended UK sites, so I'm wondering whether I should steer clear of it?

As far as I can tell from the article, the countries listed are the countries that may be dropped.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello,I hope there is never a restriction to play online poker in my country.Poker is my favorite hobby.

ldw22

ldw22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As far as I can tell from the article, the countries listed are the countries that may be dropped.

Thanks for replying, but DOES Cardschat have any official opinion about GGPoker, please? Like I mentioned, it's not in your recommended shortlist for players in the UK under the "UK Poker Sites" tab so I'm wondering if it's not really worth checking out, despite Negreanu signing with them...

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thanks for replying, but DOES Cardschat have any official opinion about GGPoker, please? Like I mentioned, it's not in your recommended shortlist for players in the UK under the "UK Poker Sites" tab so I'm wondering if it's not really worth checking out, despite Negreanu signing with them...

The list is updated periodically but at this moment, we have no plans to review GGPoker right now.

N

NotOnTheRiver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Speaking to various media outlets, Head of GGPoker Jean-Christophe Antoine confirmed that regulatory issues had prompted the decision to leave a dozen grey markets.

These countries are on a list expected to exit in the coming months - Belgium, Bulgaria, Colombia, Czech Republic, Georgia, Greece, Lithuania, The Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Switzerland.

GGPoker to Exit Grey Markets Ahead of Entry into Regulated Regions

I dont know how they took the decision to leave Romania , since they were already banned from Romania from 2 years ago . We already cant acces unlicensed poker platforms , so its useless if they bann the players or not .

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A little surprised Israel is not considered a grey market as poker stars tends to believe it is and exited this market years ago.

GG let me make a few bets in their Sports Book when I first signed on and then closed it to me without explanation. I wonder the extent of their licensing in Panama.

Although I can deposit using a Panama debit card, my bank said they are not friendly about receiving funds from online poker operators. Run it Once tried to deposit back to my debit card and said it couldn't.

I wonder how I am going to cash out if I have a big win. More established sites must have considered this. I would think they have work arounds?

I figure get the big win and then worry about it because if I can deposit it only makes sense there has got to be a way to withdraw?

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GGnetwork is kinda big in Asia market, in fact tons of Chinese and south east Asia players congregate in one of their many skins. With Daniel joining them now will definitely boast the influence to bring in more Asian players.

FYI, in Malaysia and Singapore, player deposit and withdraw thru 'Agent' or middleman. These Agent will have a 5% cut in/out both ways.
Say if i won $5000, i will transfer the credit to one of these Agent, he will then do a $4750 bank transfer to my local bank account.
Not bad a deal, it's a win win for everyone.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Well who knows , they might come back in these countries in the future .Wishing them good luck for their expanding plans in Europe and anywhere else :)

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Unfortunately I received an email from them announcing their intention to leave the Romanian market. :(

GIRFIED

GIRFIED

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Remember that in "gray" markets poker is not legal or illegal.

When poker rooms make these kinds of decisions, they intend to acquire licenses in regulated countries, although operating in gray markets is not illegal, for some authorities it creates a “vision” that can damage the reputation of a room or prevent them from receiving a license.

Other rooms have proceeded in the same way, but over time they re-enter the same countries. For these reasons we should not worry.

DTMath

DTMath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will have to check to see if Canada has any issues with them. I am looking at signing up with GG poker.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will have to check to see if Canada has any issues with them. I am looking at signing up with GG poker.

Hopefully we're all good, I've been playing on there a decent amount and the cash games are quite good. Would be a shame to lose out on that action :dancing2:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Unfortunately I received an email from them announcing their intention to leave the Romanian market. :(

Did you play MTT's or Cash tables... and what was the site like? (as far as traffic for micro/low buyin player MTT's $10usd, cash game 10nl)
Thanks.
I'm thinking of downloading & depositing as well.

Hopefully we're all good, I've been playing on there a decent amount and the cash games are quite good. Would be a shame to lose out on that action :dancing2:

Hmm... if Evan's playing.... I guess I'll give it a go too ;) (note: this does not in any way mean I'm hoping to get on Evan's table &... well.. 'crush him')

I was thinking of using a mastercard 'Perfect Gift' card to deposit on there (works for 888, Stars & Titan)

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did you play MTT's or Cash tables... and what was the site like? (as far as traffic for micro/low buyin player MTT's $10usd, cash game 10nl)
Thanks.

I'm thinking of downloading & depositing as well.

Hmm... if Evan's playing.... I guess I'll give it a go too ;) (note: this does not in any way mean I'm hoping to get on Evan's table &... well.. 'crush him')

I was thinking of using a Mastercard 'Perfect Gift' card to deposit on there (works for 888, Stars & Titan)

Let's get on our bikes and go for a ride shall we?

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
On the topic of GG...

I'm intrigued as to why KidPoker was unwilling to continue being a brand ambassador for Stars, but happy to do so for another platform...

Interesting!

A shame for these countries to lose opportunities to play our wonderful game.. :(

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They let you to play with VPN but not too much people know that

DTMath

DTMath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have only been playing freerolls. I am at that age that I do not want to give any of my banking information out. If a gift cards works I will do that. Evan I started watching your U Tube video's and Twitch. Twitter and other I have not got accounts yet.
DTMath

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Thanks.
]
I don't know what to say about traffic. It was pretty good back then. I didn't play very much, only a few mtts because when I heard that they would leave the market in my country I decided to withdraw my money.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm intrigued as to why KidPoker was unwilling to continue being a brand ambassador for Stars, but happy to do so for another platform...

He is living in the US, so in order to play on Stars he had to travel to another country, which is not particularly convenient. With GG Poker he does not have that problem, and maybe they simply gave him a better offer.