pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all,

not many days i am humbled but today was one of those days, i was followed by doyle brunson on my twitter page..its made my day as i am a massive fan and he has been my favourite player all my life...

Im in the presence of greatness...well almost..:)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:adore: A legend. Pretty cool,Glenn.:icon_rr: What was the topic?

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Terry, i direct pm him a while back congratulating him on his contribution to poker and said its a shame we have not got many real genuine classy players coming through like the old days..he said - for sure kid, i cant be cloned! lol
Love the guy, he oozes personality and like you said..hes a legend. i put the screenshot up of him following me on my instagram CC SMC July thread :)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A class act,all the way. WTG Doyle!! U da man!! :dancing2: :10s4::2s4:

S

StatusOmega525

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude, that's just awesome. I've always had a big respect for the big name players like that. That level of class certainly deserves a place at the top

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all,

not many days i am humbled but today was one of those days, i was followed by doyle brunson on my twitter page..its made my day as i am a massive fan and he has been my favourite player all my life...

Im in the presence of greatness...well almost..:)

congrats that's cool :)

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is pretty dang cool. I would show that to everyone I know. Congrats

Ruminate

Ruminate

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sweet! Modern poker owes a lot to Doyle...he was one of the first to really share professional strategies comprehensively via his Super System books in 1978. He helped lay the foundation that has developed and evolved into poker theory today.

Honeybuns666

Honeybuns666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's amazing, even my friends outside the poker community know Doyle. One of the last poker cowboys.

M

MrTerek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The old kind school, it was nice to watch him on the series. It is a pity his son does not show similar results.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mr Brunson

Thank you guys for your positive messages - one to share with my cardschat brothers and sisters - i will keep you updated with any chats we have.

Im still buzzing...:)

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Mighty cool, Glenn! Gotta like it!

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I miss the days when ACR was Doyle's Room and they had the celebrity bounty tournament where you could get the chance to even play against the man himself.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doyles Room

Hi,

Thanks for your post, i read up about this room and can actually remember this myself...texas dolly was so well respected, he managed to get a lot of top players in his room, the draw was doyle himself...Mr Poker...undoubtedly

Regards

Glenn