Flashback Friday - Nine High like a boss!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Do you remember the wsop four years ago, when Will Kassouf used his 'annoying' or 'clever' (depending on how you look at it) speech play to get Stacey Matuson to fold the winning hand in one hand during the Main Event, therefore coining the phrase 'nine high like a boss'? How could we forget, right?!

The video is included in the article, in case you would like to see it again.

Flashback Friday: The Birth of ‘Nine-High Like a Boss’

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He certainly was able to get in the heads of his opponents that Main Event. But, who also remembers the big Aces vs. Kings hand with Griffin Benger with 17 left?

That was a very volatile moment without doubt.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He certainly was able to get in the heads of his opponents that Main Event. But, who also remembers the big Aces vs. Kings hand with Griffin Benger with 17 left?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6qLj_f5hLc

That was a very volatile moment without doubt.

This reminds me - that in live poker - BEWARE OF THE STORY! LOL

And - I don't heed it enough.

Although there are times when my opponent is half-way through their speech and I think, "Oh sh*t - I have to fold my super strong hand cuz they got AA. LOL"

And I will say, "I have to fold cuz you have AA." And of the three times - twice my opponents have smiled and shown AA. The other time - who knows.

But it was an ending for Kasouf that could have been scripted. Because many viewers felt schadenfreude.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh I remember that! It felt (and seemed) like a fist fight could have errupted that day.

Well, if THAT didn't cause a fight, THIS one was probably more likely to.....Going back in time to the 2005 WSOP Main Event. You may recall this altercation between Mike Matusow and Shawn Sheikhan.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Lo , one didn't skake his hand when he was busted out on the 17th place . When the guy calles clock , then Benger started this ''you're abusing me '' thing , maybe he got afraid Kassouf might actually fold , lol . Very bad unlucky hand for him , so close to the FT ...Karma stroke back , lol :)

As for the woman with the qqS , She folded too easy , knowing what poerson is Kassouf , lol . 9 High like a boss :)

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lo , one didn't skake his hand when he was busted out on the 17th place . When the guy calles clock , then Benger started this ''you're abusing me '' thing , maybe he got afraid Kassouf might actually fold , lol . Very bad unlucky hand for him , so close to the FT ...Karma stroke back , lol :)

As for the woman with the qqS , She folded too easy , knowing what poerson is Kassouf , lol . 9 High like a boss :)

OMG yes! It was remarkably obnoxious but I have to admit that I was lol'ing from the craziness of it :)

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
William Kassouf could afford to bluff because he had a superior stack over his opponent. He put a lot of pressure on Stacy Matuson with his speech. But karma always catches up.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
William Kassouf vs. Mike "The Mouth" Matusow. Fold like a boss.:flute:

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really interesting hand where Kassouf stumbles.

I think it's kind of a bad spot for Mike to bluff but it worked.

Will - I told you I have A7.
Mike - I know. That's why I moved all-in.

Not sure if it's bad or not, because remember that he limped in pre-flop and 89 is certainly in that range. I'm kind of on the fence about that to be honest, but what a play he made on Kassouf.

P

pablo lima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he managed to get into her mind cool

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts