Fl Poker and Dog racing

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't misunderstand the Florida vote about making dog racing illegal. (only like 5 states allow this barbaric stuff) - it will do nothing but HELP poker, I promise... they will still be allowed to do all other sports gambling... AND... people like me who don't go there now to play poker <a lot of poker> since this isn't the 1800s -would!. And i don't know about any of you, but i have had a dog before, and also was taught how to read, allowing me to come to the obvious conclusion that dog racing is CRAP. :icon_comp

Last edited:
Kanetuck

Kanetuck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't misunderstand the Florida vote about making dog racing illegal. (only like 5 states allow this barbaric stuff) - it will do nothing but HELP poker, I promise... they will still be allowed to do all other sports gambling... AND... people like me who don't go there now to play poker <a lot of poker> since this isn't the 1800s -would!. And i don't know about any of you, but i have had a dog before, and also was taught how to read, allowing me to come to the obvious conclusion that dog racing is CRAP. :icon_comp
I am sure there is plenty of documentation showing abuse of dogs in dog racing. I used to go to the dog track with my dad when I was in high school. I enjoyed it. I don't see anything cruel about having dogs chase a fake rabbit. The only problem I have with it is how the dogs that can't compete are probably treated. I know the adopt a greyhound movement was strong even 25 years ago.

Now, I have seen an old video clip of how they used to do it. They used to have little monkeys ride them. Now, that was cruel. Some of the little monkeys would even hit them or each other while going around the track. If anyone wants to put their animal sensitivity to the test, find a clip of one of the old races. Watch it. Then ask yourself if you would go to the track to see that once in your life if it still happened today.

As far as any connection with poker and dog tracks, I don't think it matters really. It is just a matter of the dog tracks being probably the oldest current example of legal gambling in Florida. Some people probably just view it as a base to build off of.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Adopt a greyhound if you can! Especially in Florida, since the voters spoke to ban dog racing in the state.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Greyhounds

Adopt a greyhound if you can! Especially in Florida, since the voters spoke to ban dog racing in the state.

I love animals. I have 3 dogs and 2 cats. I feed the birds and squirrels and watch them feed wile I am online. It is very much part of my life. Greyhounds have been so, so abused. I worry about their future with those who were in that business. What will become of those "Best Friends"? I truly hope that people will follow through in Florida by adopting and caring for those puppies.I hope that vote leaves no regrets to the voters. Please Floridians, adopt!
Dan'O

FerSilva8100

FerSilva8100

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm against dog racing.