From Fish to WSOP Champion, John Cynn Reflects

rrickir

rrickir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoy ed reading this. I think he really seemed like a humble winner. And I liked his demeanor watching him at the table. It was a little surprising to me to see he only gets to keep 4.9 million out of that after taxes I didn't realize they get that much taken out right away LOL..... still a great win!!!

Yonip17

Yonip17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really? Its that real? I watched him how to play and I really like it. He deserves to be the champ

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Cool story. Shells, I like the new "promote the news" threads of yours. I'm sure news article traffic has gone way up and discussion of the stories on the board has obviously increased (how could it not?). But can someone, anyone PLEASE proof these articles. There are typos in over 50% (I'd say 90%, but that may be an exaggeration) of these articles.

This one:
"With and 11th place finish, and now a Main Event bracelet to his name, it’s safe to say the student has now surpassed the mentor."

Spellcheck is a great thing, but it can't catch what isn't a spelling mistake. Proofreading by an organic entity (and possibly editing by same) is the only way to not have mistake after mistake show up in the final copy of these articles!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Cool story. Shells, I like the new "promote the news" threads of yours. I'm sure news article traffic has gone way up and discussion of the stories on the board has obviously increased (how could it not?). But can someone, anyone PLEASE proof these articles. There are typos in over 50% (I'd say 90%, but that may be an exaggeration) of these articles.

This one:
"With and 11th place finish, and now a Main Event bracelet to his name, it’s safe to say the student has now surpassed the mentor."

Spellcheck is a great thing, but it can't catch what isn't a spelling mistake. Proofreading by an organic entity (and possibly editing by same) is the only way to not have mistake after mistake show up in the final copy of these articles!

Thanks for pointing out the errors, Mtl. I need to re-read these better, too. :)

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Are you the proofreader?

No, I'm not. But, before I suggest members to look/read the article, it all should make complete sense whether, spelling, grammar or whatever - it's not uncommon for someone to point out errors to the authors and have them correct it.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No, I'm not. But, before I suggest members to look/read the article, it all should make complete sense whether, spelling, grammar or whatever - it's not uncommon for someone to point out errors to the authors and have them correct it.
So what should I do when I see a typo? I have pointed these out in the comments section of the articles themselves and have never seen a correction. Obviously I have not done this for every stray "d" as I did above in this thread, but for stray d's as well as meaning changing errors, what's my end of this procedure?

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So what should I do when I see a typo? I have pointed these out in the comments section of the articles themselves and have never seen a correction. Obviously I have not done this for every stray "d" as I did above in this thread, but for stray d's as well as meaning changing errors, what's my end of this procedure?

Let's try this and see how it works....

If you (or anyone else) happen to find something you can PM me with whatever the error is and I will pass it on to have it corrected. The error may not be corrected immediately, but it will be corrected.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Let's try this and see how it works....

If you (or anyone else) happen to find something you can PM me with whatever the error is and I will pass it on to have it corrected. The error may not be corrected immediately, but it will be corrected.
Thank you

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For those who say Cynn slowrolled , I said that what we call millions of dollars decision lol

WSOP