Federal Judge Says Wire Act Confined to Sports Betting, Doesn’t Apply to Online Poker

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have waited for a long time to see this day! This is a huge decision for the poker world as well as others. Still, lots more time to get to the Supreme Court. Wire Act decision has been a disaster from the beginning.

P

ParrotheadVol

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This confuses me a bit. Didn't the SC rule that states could do sports betting? I'm asking a question here that I already know the answer to because I live in Tennessee and we just passed a bill that makes online sports wagering legal in Tennessee starting in July. But doesn't that conflict with the Wire Act?

I guess my issue is if the SC says that states can allow sports wagering online, how then is the Wire Act even relevant at that point? I guess things like this is why I never got into politics.

I personally don't care one way or the other about sports betting of any kind. But if it paves the way for online poker in my state, then I'm all for it. Any ruling against the Wire Act can only help I guess.

J

Jai_R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am just ready for this to be over. It has been almost 10 years. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars