Dwan beats Helmuth in epic heads up battle

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.Dwan was one of the players who could beat Helmuth in this format..I think Helmuth shouldn´t have played those aces in that way.Just limping against Dwan was an egregious mistake.That was a great opportunity to double- up.Great victory by Dwan, anyway.I hope there will be a rematch.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Good afternoon.Dwan was one of the players who could beat Helmuth in this format..I think Helmuth shouldn´t have played those aces in that way.Just limping against Dwan was an egregious mistake.That was a great opportunity to double- up.Great victory by Dwan, anyway. I hope there will be a rematch.

As far as I am aware Helmuth still has not given any indication he would like a rematch with Dwan. I do not think anyone would be surprised by him walking away from the series. Helmuth had a good public run against Esfandiari and Negreanu...he wants to keep any credibility that gave him intact.

The other issue is I believe Dwan has a stronger poker mind than Esfandiari and Negreanu, so the worry for Helmuth might be Dwan would come even stronger in a second round.

I could see Helmuth engage in anther duel but not against a strong top tier contemporary player. For instance I could see him playing someone such as Mike Matusow. They are both poker celebrities and the game would draw viewers.

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ah interesting, I'll have to check some highlights from their matchup.

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Did not hear about Dwan for a long time to be honest, glad he is still in top. Like both of them and really want to watch their heads up.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's an awesome line up, im definitely going to be looking for highlights. Thanks for the heads up!!

Batarang96

Batarang96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What?!

What was Phil's record, on this "circuit"?

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would absolutely love to see a rematch! I was so happy to see Phil put it in the eye of his detractors and go on a ridiculous winning streak. He is such a fun and talented player to watch.
I felt like Phil was more rattled in this match up with Tom than any other. At one point he said something like, "If I can't read you, you are going to win". I thought that was a bad sign for Phil. He is so good at saying things and then having them materialize, that he shouldn't be uttering negative comments. Positivity Phil, remember? LOL

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Dwan is so insanely creative with just unreal timing for bluffs and seemingly really lucky when caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Just so difficult to play against, even for the legend himself, when Dwan is on his game.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
are somewhere the strongest hands of this battle available in video format ? :)

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you want to catch a wee bit of the battle, PokerGo gave those who are not subscribers, an hour and a bit of Phil H and Tom.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dwan will come on top if the duo played large number of hands. But its always fun when he wins by sucking out. :)

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
PokerGo just released a 20 minute high light reel of the duel.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did not hear about Dwan for a long time too, it is nice that he is still in a good shape

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cool. It is always nice to see how the top pros are playing and we all play heads-up; even the MTT reg plays HU in isolation pots or being the last two players in a tournament :D

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Dwan simply a genius the aggressiveness in person playing excellent poker

Batarang96

Batarang96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If memory serves, a few years ago, Polk challenged Dwan to heads up for $5 million. I wonder if he'd still be willing to offer that challenge.

jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No he doesn't want that he took that money and ran with it ha

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've only seen highlights of the Tom Dwan vs Phil Hellmuth duel. The last hand with pocket aces was played interestingly. But still the trap did not work. So do not be surprised when in Cardschat freerolls you lose to an opponent with a hand like 93. Tom Dwan beat aces with such hands.:shot:

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
yes , i saw this , very interesting and a lot of luck for dawn

J

JeanOlis

Enthusiast