Durrrr Challenge - Jungleman asks when it will be completed.

John_3_16

John_3_16

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big Dwan fan from good ole days. He was EXTREMELY LUCKY. Any of us could experience a “hot” streak that ran for an extended time. Easy to gain fame when everything you do turns out to win.

ALL streaks end. The odds always even out. I feel that is what has happened for Dwan. He now has to play “real” poker. Tighter poker. Big ranges no longer hold up for him. Guessing he did not see it coming until a lot of his good fortune was gone.

My guess, he just wants the chance to compete without the hype & world watching every hand. I don’t know if the $700,000.00 was towards his losses or towards the forfeit fee. No details were given. I think if he is playing in Vegas then a one-on-one discussion is possible. After the two have talked then report the results. Karma for poker players is a fragile thing. Talk to Dwan privately & settle the debt. At this time everyone knows you have a comfortable lead. Settle with Dwan & move on.

God bless. :D :cool:

Last edited:
Pharaoh39

Pharaoh39

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big Dwan fan from good ole days. He was EXTREMELY LUCKY. Any of us could experience a “hot” streak that ran for an extended time. Easy to gain fame when everything you do turns out to win.

ALL streaks end. The odds always even out. I feel that is what has happened for Dwan. He now has to play “real” poker. Tighter poker. Big ranges no longer hold up for him. Guessing he did not see it coming until a lot of his good fortune was gone.

My guess, he just wants the chance to compete without the hype & world watching every hand. I don’t know if the $700,000.00 was towards his losses or towards the forfeit fee. No details were given. I think if he is playing in Vegas then a one-on-one discussion is possible. After the two have talked then report the results. Karma for poker players is a fragile thing. Talk to Dwan privately & settle the debt. At this time everyone knows you have a comfortable lead. Settle with Dwan & move on.

God bless. :D :cool:

Tom was FAR from lucky. He had a unique style at the time. The game has evolved since the time he was at his peak, but lucky? Nah.

Now Tom needs to keep his word as man and finish the challenge. He set up the terms. See it through to the end. Jungleman handled this better than I would have.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Tom was FAR from lucky. He had a unique style at the time. The game has evolved since the time he was at his peak, but lucky? Nah.

Now Tom needs to keep his word as man and finish the challenge. He set up the terms. See it through to the end. Jungleman handled this better than I would have.

I 'liked' this post! ;)
I 100% agree! It was great watching Durrr in the 'old days'. When you could open FTP and watch the guys doing battle on the highstakes tables.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I hope Dwan will complete this challenge sometime in the near future or find a way to terminate it by making a deal with Daniel Cates and pay him a sum of money , as much as it is right and as he is able to afford/pay .
It's bad for his reputation such a story to go on in the media , without being settled once and for all .

Dwan should have been more carefull with his overestimated challenges ;)

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its been 8 years. I dont think so.
Dwan has been paying penaltys in 100k amounts to Cates. I dont know how many.

N

Nymets5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly who cares at this point? I feel like this is brought up every few months