Do you live-stream your poker sessions? Ashley Sleeth gives reasons why you might want to.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ashley Sleeth gives us a few reasons why live-streaming your poker sessions could benefit you. A few of her suggestions are listed below.

• You will be forced to confront your biggest leaks.
  • Your mental game will be tested.
  • Your true level of confidence in your game will be exposed.​
Find out more of what Ashley has to tell us in the article linked below!

Why You’ve Got To Start Live Streaming Poker

Ashley-live-streaming-800x370.jpg

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Ashley Sleeth gives us a few reasons why live-streaming your poker sessions could benefit you. A few of her suggestions are listed below.

• You will be forced to confront your biggest leaks.
  • Your mental game will be tested.
  • Your true level of confidence in your game will be exposed.​
Find out more of what Ashley has to tell us in the article linked below!

Why You’ve Got To Start Live Streaming Poker

Ashley-live-streaming-800x370.jpg
@Shells you are the woman of the moment, your timing is immaculate lol... you’ve give me the most ludicrous of ideas 👌 It would silence the more expressive text book 101 drones, create fruitful debate and be entertaining as hell lol. Have a great weekend gal 😁👌

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If i would ever stream it then i probably could be masked poker player so no thanks :unsure:
I would be the same.
@Shells you are the woman of the moment, your timing is immaculate lol... you’ve give me the most ludicrous of ideas 👌 It would silence the more expressive text book 101 drones, create fruitful debate and be entertaining as hell lol. Have a great weekend gal 😁👌
So, does this mean we will see a live stream from you in the near future? ;) :)

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would be the same.

So, does this mean we will see a live stream from you in the near future? ;) :)
Yes without doubt. My analytical overlook has always caused hot topics, not that I ever intend so. I’m on the spectrum in a very unique way ive come to accept but love. I have heads on my case everywhere I go challenging my general being just because of how eccentrically unbiased and untethered my overlook on all things be. I don’t hold a single belief in anything and could argue/envision for and against in any topic..... All I ever see is schematics and variance, hell I’d love to encounter a singularity for once lol... I almost always offer contrast, not because I’m objective, more because I see straight through the schematic being spoken or presented not being that of their own... Blueprint not of their own (conditioning]. The problem with most of this whole existence lol. Apologies if this appears to be spaghetti to you off the bounce, but you’ve got the pleasure of day 3 me lol.....

But yes, direct to the point after my wander... I intend to as I indee believe it will a blast... Phil Lark was the guy 🤪

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes without doubt. My analytical overlook has always caused hot topics, not that I ever intend so. I’m on the spectrum in a very unique way ive come to accept but love. I have heads on my case everywhere I go challenging my general being just because of how eccentrically unbiased and untethered my overlook on all things be. I don’t hold a single belief in anything and could argue/envision for and against in any topic..... All I ever see is schematics and variance, hell I’d love to encounter a singularity for once lol... I almost always offer contrast, not because I’m objective, more because I see straight through the schematic being spoken or presented not being that of their own... Blueprint not of their own (conditioning]. The problem with most of this whole existence lol. Apologies if this appears to be spaghetti to you off the bounce, but you’ve got the pleasure of day 3 me lol.....

But yes, direct to the point after my wander... I intend to as I indee believe it will a blast... Phil Lark was the guy 🤪
Kudos to you for giving live-streaming a go when you are ready, of course. :)

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Kudos to you for giving live-streaming a go when you are ready, of course. :)
Yer I’ll just have to re set up again as I desolated all my equipment when I stopped console gaming, I used to stream PubG I was ranked in the top 10 of the world for a few seasons on Xbox. Though I was on that Mixer platform which has since gone up in smoke lol. I was 8th in the world when I became ill again for a few years recently and my arm was playing up I gifted all my gear to siblings and friends.... Which is when I started playing poker online again from my hospital bed lol.

Ohh and less drizzle from me today lol, I’ve slept now.. Mr Hyde has gone to ground for the time being haha

Last edited:
kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
@Shells, thing is I believe I’d need assistance for the social media side of things as I don’t do non of that. When I was gaming I simply put together collages of my game play, added my details at the end and posted them to the Xbox PubG community. I simply played and streamed my games and it grew through that and raw connection with other players. I don’t do twitter, instagram, Facebook, TikTok or any of that nonsense really. I’d need to wouldn’t I? I might have to expand it by doing Go-Pro Live as a part of as it’s my live game that would be seen as extremely entertaining..... Bouncing ideas in a cube with holes in haha

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
@Shells, thing is I believe I’d need assistance for the social media side of things as I don’t do non of that. When I was gaming I simply put together collages of my game play, added my details at the end and posted them to the Xbox PubG community. I simply played and streamed my games and it grew through that and raw connection with other players. I don’t do twitter, instagram, Facebook, TikTok or any of that nonsense really. I’d need to wouldn’t I? I might have to expand it by doing Go-Pro Live as a part of as it’s my live game that would be seen as extremely entertaining..... Bouncing ideas in a cube with holes in haha
Yeah, you would have to do something through Social Media, I would think. I'm not familiar with how 'streaming' really works but I bet there would be a lot of folks here at CardsChat who would have some ideas on how to get started. I don't think you need a lot of fancy equipment - just a working computer with a webcam, maybe? YouTube University (a boatload of information whether we need it or not :)) has helped me a lot so maybe there is something there, too?

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I dont want to show my ugly face to the world :p

But she's right, streaming for some people can help improve the game.

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yeah, you would have to do something through Social Media, I would think. I'm not familiar with how 'streaming' really works but I bet there would be a lot of folks here at CardsChat who would have some ideas on how to get started. I don't think you need a lot of fancy equipment - just a working computer with a webcam, maybe? YouTube University (a boatload of information whether we need it or not :)) has helped me a lot so maybe there is something there, too?
Thank you @Shells, I know about the equipment side of things as I used to live stream my PubG gameplay... Doing poker would definitely require more foundation work and continuity. Hmmm, does the nutter who folds AA pre want all that haha. Maybe a poker streaming hub needed, I’m gonna holla at a few folk I used to kick with and do a little reckon.

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I dont want to show my ugly face to the world :p

But she's right, streaming for some people can help improve the game.
Git me chuckling @JappsPK, that’s how I was when I first starting to stream my gaming... I actually only streamed my gaming content in the end after starting with the dual display. Dual displaying (nit it’s actually name I don’t think) pushes you into the extras department and needed/wanting additional space like a small studio. Green screens and all that for interaction stauaff with your viewers alongside an interactive hub etc. I don’t know if a simple streamed screen and voice would cut it unless your known..... As for improving ones game for sure, me personally I think it would make me far more audacious lol. Live I intentionally attempt to make players fold AA, KK, straights etc when I know (sure) they have them.... Gets me paid in cash live, online is going to be interesting lol... And probably a very bad idea lol. Though I’ve been having fun in micro stakes and more serious higher... I just need to try and serious all the time lol 😬🥴🤪

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I might even want to broadcast, the problem is finding someone who wants to watch. I'm going to broadcast to an audience of zero people. :LOL:

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As someone who live streams every now and then - great article!

Live streaming can help with controlling tilt... unless that's your gimmick like Phil Hellmuth. And you WANT to tilt on stream.

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I might even want to broadcast, the problem is finding someone who wants to watch. I'm going to broadcast to an audience of zero people. :LOL:
I reckon it depends on your content. Doing challenging stuff, challenges, sticking religiously to a formula etc might come as an auto appeal to many. Myself, I've been playing for a couple decades nearly. Started around the time I was a freelance poker dealer while I was a music promoter/performer.... back then was when those technical 3-5bet rip you one youngsters started to filter in. Poker was super diverse in the characters that were now sitting a table the tables and scaring the hell out of the old guard lol. Players like Annetta Obrestad, Tom Dwan and not to mention the many uk players that play/ed well out the box when’s they started making their waves like Sam Trickett, Jake Cody and later Liv Boree... they played the game very different to the conventional way. .... Omg, what was my point lol.. I’ve just got come back to this after playing a few CC 1k hand and busted out of frustration lol.... oh well. Anyway, I suppose what I’m saying is either bring something new and interesting to your stream or something that interests upcoming and enthusiasts of poker. If I do get down to it, min e will definitely be unconventional and unorthodox play. I’ve never been tethered to text book poker as I’ve never digested it but fully understand 101 blueprint.... I lack all the online and online career terminology.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The article is great (y), I wouldn't do a stream, but watching it can be interesting and educational.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think Ashley has a really valid point after thinking about this. I could see how valuable it would be to ones growth as a player. I had though about doing one but stopped just short of doing it. I was just not sure I wanted to put myself out there for ridicule.

Now the reason I think Ashley is right is this, I was part of a small group of like minded players who worked together to inprove our games. Every few months it would be my turn to play live and talking through my play. I helped as she said when I could not explain my play to find a leak. Better still I was playing with a few serious players who picked apart my game that helped me grow.

After a year of really working on advancing my game this could be a great step to take. I may need to really think about this option. I admit I would be afraid of how many people would make fun of me but getting out of my confort zone could be important.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think Ashley has a really valid point after thinking about this. I could see how valuable it would be to ones growth as a player. I had though about doing one but stopped just short of doing it. I was just not sure I wanted to put myself out there for ridicule.

Now the reason I think Ashley is right is this, I was part of a small group of like minded players who worked together to inprove our games. Every few months it would be my turn to play live and talking through my play. I helped as she said when I could not explain my play to find a leak. Better still I was playing with a few serious players who picked apart my game that helped me grow.

After a year of really working on advancing my game this could be a great step to take. I may need to really think about this option. I admit I would be afraid of how many people would make fun of me but getting out of my confort zone could be important.
Cheer up brother without shame.
I see a lot of the Zeros Poker stremeings.
First, because he is one of the few who speaks Spanish and it is easy for me to understand him. Outside of Ashley's transmissions I watch them but sometimes I get lost because my English is not polished to the maximum.
Zeros is also quite fun and well I find it nice.
If you do, post it, here you will have a fixed viewer.
My regards, brother:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
@Shells What an interesting article! Thank you for sharing.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm nott gonna be streaming my tourneys anytime soon .I couldnt stand to have so many dumb plays exposed to others .

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When I've watched poker streams lately, I barely even pay attention to the actual poker. People have the tiniest tables on screen and I don't want to strain to see them. Many people have their cards blocked with no delay, and it's honestly not very entertaining. The most entertaining actual poker games on streams are actually ones on a delay with the cards exposed. I like watching people who are good that do this and explain what they're doing.

Organize a Home Poker Game