V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think daniels success has gone to his head. He has gotten arrogant and thinks his opinion is always right.

M

mrverceddy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the first playce i find his comments hillarious like " more rake is better " how stupid does he think other ppl are

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not everyone has the same character and not everyone has the same poker skills. I think that these are too general categories to have someone think about whether he is a good player or a bad guy

John_3_16

John_3_16

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good FOR poker...

I think he is trying to type a profile that would generate interest in the game & its participants. He has always been high on my list of respected players & definitely a pro. He is not someone I would mark on a schedule to watch. I started playing around 1968.

Old school but still learning & enjoying. I have enjoyed watching many players, both male & female. There are several females I have loved watching beat the guys over the years. Well respected pros, all of them. During a wsop week in Vegas about 30 years ago several pros got into a $3/$6 game I happened to be sitting at. It was late & they had been out to eat & a show. It was a very friendly bunch & the young lady pro next to me was sharing a lot of poker knowledge with me. A great game.

Huge disruptive personalities irritate me.Like masks & costumes, some say it is just another tool. Me? I would hesitate to sit at a table full of hoodies & face masks. As we know, everyone has an opinion & an anal cavity.

My tendency is to agree in general with Dan. Always going to be exceptions. Best thing that could happen to poker is get rid of the haters in government & the billionaires that own them. The top richest 5% want the other 95% to simply blindly quietly serve them & the government they own almost exclusively is herding America in that direction.

To be honest, I don't hold out much hope. Day by day, game by game. All we really have. Yesterday is gone & tomorrow is not here yet.

God bless. :rolleyes: :cool: :hmmmm2: :damnmate: :sheep:

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
so when i lose i am good for the game

that's nice to know , but in that case I want to win lots and be really bad for poker .

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
He made a big mistake expressing these opinions , some players were offended . Everyone may play in the way he desires , as long as he is not being rude to the others .
He should be more carefull , cause he is the no1 embassador of pokerstars . Many follow him and read whatever he tweets , but they are ready to criticize him on such insensitive opinions or when he says "more rake is better" :)

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What we need Daniel to do is entertain us. We dont want to hear certain topics from Daniel. Like Politics! Just play cards Daniel! Keep up those amazing reads!

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What we need Daniel to do is entertain us. We dont want to hear certain topics from Daniel. Like Politics! Just play cards Daniel! Keep up those amazing reads!
Agreed.

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good or bad for the game

Good or bad for the game I dont like playing at a table with a slow, negative, selfish, winner. Quiet doesnt bother me in the least.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
right 100%. you can talk all you want about ethics. if you play cash you dont want trueteller at you table, mtt- "not thank you lena/ben/pats", husng - "go away vbv". so i love the outrage (makes us feel so good about ourselves) but lets be honest for a minute.... maybe?

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A polarizing figure like Daniel Negreanu knows that when he opens his mouth, critics will be there ready to argue. So, Daniel tweeted characteristics of a poker player who is good and bad for poker, and some felt his comments were “arrogant” and out of line. What is your opinion of Daniel's list?

Daniel Negreanu Shares Five Things That Make a Player ‘Good’ and ‘Bad’ for Poker

I read the tweets and i say i have to agree on Daniel's bad player list. Noone likes a slow player. Noone likes a complainer. I've seen many people do this. I don't believe a winner is a bad poker player. Maybe he means a winner that didn't really win from strategy.

A good player is quick, again noone likes a slow player. A positive attitude is a must. I don't like how he says poker players must have 4 out of 5 before being pleasant.

Everyone knows Daniel runs his mouth. He's a 6 time world champion. He fights for American's rights to play online poker. He does a lot for the poker community. I think we should cut him some slack.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this case i tend to agree with Daniel. When i watch high stakes poker on the TV it is really boring when you see only people with sunglasses, hoods, headphones and who barely say any word at all.

Some people may argue that their job is to win money with every possible legal way and not to care to entertain people but if you think deeper this is not exactly te case. The main reason for the high popularity of poker nowadays is that you can watch high stakes game on TV or internet and you see people like you who play, laugh and win big money at the end. You see that and you decide to also play this game. This attracts fish on the tables so that these pro players can win their money easily. This also gives the possibility for the big sites to organize big tournaments like PCA, EPT, WPT and other. If poker is not entertaining for the people we will get back to the days where few professional players were trying to rob each other. I don't think that many of the pro players want these old times to return. And if they do not want this to happen they need to think of poker not only as a game but also as a show for the normal people so that the game continues to thrive and attract new people.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A polarizing figure like Daniel Negreanu knows that when he opens his mouth, critics will be there ready to argue. So, Daniel tweeted characteristics of a poker player who is good and bad for poker, and some felt his comments were “arrogant” and out of line. What is your opinion of Daniel's list?
Daniel Negreanu Shares Five Things That Make a Player ‘Good’ and ‘Bad’ for Poker
hi hi
what an interesting thread, and thoughtful replies
i agree with Daniel - (who is good and bad for... TV Poker)
a sporting event needs drama, and what better than evil guys the audience can luv to hate?
high TV ratings is important, and good for poker yes
now if Tony G, in one episode pulled out a knife and stabbed Helmuth in the throat i bet ratings for next episode go through roof?

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I think Danial is right. It seems like most poker players slow play and try winning to much. You really want to keep poker something you do after work or help a buddy out between jobs.

John_3_16

John_3_16

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heyyyyyyy....

hi hi
what an interesting thread, and thoughtful replies
i agree with Daniel - (who is good and bad for... TV Poker)
a sporting event needs drama, and what better than evil guys the audience can luv to hate?
high TV ratings is important, and good for poker yes
now if Tony G, in one episode pulled out a knife and stabbed Helmuth in the throat i bet ratings for next episode go through roof?

That WOULD generate a lot of interest of the entire world. Not sure if it would create new poker players but watching on TV & streaming replays would certainly increase. If posted on YouTube it would get millions of hits I think. Guessing a lot ogf other sites would have it as well.

Right now it would help if the rich special interest groups & their politicians would get out of the way.

God bless. :rolleyes: :cool: :bath:

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with Negreano, the features he presented as a poker player are correct, because: Every player one day lost in poker and still lose in poker this is only a matter of time.
Being friendly and deceptive, this is part of the dynamics of poker.
Being generous and active are game strategies.
Positive Attitude, that's what we do when we start poker.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Daniel, but he is a clown for this. Obviously he is going to put that winning players are bad to play with. Nothing that he showed us is news and I think he literally just wanted to make people upset because he knows triggered people play worse. This is a con job lol

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Simply put I think people should look up the word opinion in a dictionary the fact that people get so butt hurt cause someone gives their opinion is laughable...it’s like some people never got past 3rd grade

Tbone461

Tbone461

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I happen to be a friendly outgoing and engaging poker player. I happen to have a lot more fun when playing at a lively table. Not every poker player is a professional and some armatures take themselves way to seriously.

E

elias444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in some kind of way, he might be right.

Barbarrossa

Barbarrossa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy watching the man play poker. I know we're into poker to make make money(or in the least to break even and have fun) but watching people having fun while they play makes it that much more enjoyable to me. I've watched people go into their time bank... all of it.. when the only bets are the blinds.. It's like going to a buffet and watching skinny people trying to decide what they want..

It's a buffet... GRAB AND MOVE PEOPLE... GRAB AND MOVE!

Now I'm not saying there are times to TAKE your time.. but hey I'm playing mostly freerolls and a buck or less tournaments.. Why so serious?

With that being said.. I spend time outside of ACR reading.. watching youtubes.. studying Upswing poker (among other things)... But golly.... when I'm at the table I do enjoy the same people Daniel does..

Lose Money
Act Quickly
Friendly/Engaging
Generous/Give Action
Positive Attitude

If you are 4 of these things but also win money, you are likely to be a pleasant addition to any poker game.

I strive to be all those things except for the first one.. Hell me and Daniel could be BFFs..

Wonder if he would stake me?

G

GoSplat678

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

well hes kinda right. you want to avoid the top list and sit with the bottom. simple mth really top list isn't pleasant to play with probably wont give much information or money away easily where as the bottom list is probably much looser and easy to read

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Daniel is reminiscing about the old days of poker. When players played more face to face socially. I have found that in today's games, some players take the game a bit too seriously, and have tilt issues that might not openly present themselves immediately.
Yes, some people do make a living playing poker. And yes, it can be a full time job trying to earn that living, and can be very frustrating some days.
But if it seems more a burden, then maybe poker as a profession is not your thing. If you can't have some fun, and enjoy doing your job, then your life in general will be unfulfilling.
Now, if poker is more a hobby, then yea loosen up and have fun. You can be serious about a hobby, but too serious and now your treating it like a chore.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good for poker....promotion

Poker is a form of entertainment. If you are not entertained you will not invest in poker.

Interaction at the poker table is entertainment. Aggressively avoiding interaction while in any group is sub-optimal for any group to enjoy itself.

Go out for dinner with a group, wear a hoody and have your earphones on. No one will enjoy that. Then when the cheque comes ask who would be willing to pay your share for you. What is the over under on another invite do you think?

Poker requires non-professional players to show up and play. Why would they show up, lose money and have a crappy time too.

The current poker ecosystem was built by players who gave of themselves to make playing poker enjoyable. They laughed, bragged and gambled and people loved it. So they joined in.

Some new players feel they owe nothing to that ecosystem. That it will just maintain itself.

:burnout: