Daniel Negreanu is NOT the 2019 WSOP Player of the Year! Congrats Robert Campbell!

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I kind of like that. Dont want to be mean but if anyone deserved that than its Negreanu. He was too much of a pokerstars-Puppy in the Past and his "More Rake is better" Statement will never be forgotten.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Frankly, I think all this shows is the entire structure of the WSOP, in terms of Player of the Year, needs to be completely overhauled. This 'accounting' error is the cherry on the cake (and I was for Robert Campbell POTY as a two bracelet winner). But, this mess of late registration and rebuys has gone on year in and out for a long time and should have been canned a decade ago.

I have already been around the block a few times with various restructuring ideas, but I still think that Lon McEachern had the best idea I've heard so far. Only the first bullet played can count towards POTY points.

With that also should be limiting re-entry, perhaps one additional bullet for all low buy in events and more re-entries permitted for high roller events (such as 5K plus). It's the world series of poker for heavens sake. Let the pro's spunk off numerous bullets in 10Ks but not in the broader fields with grinders and rec players.

I don't see why a committee of smart poker players and industry figures could not come up with decent proposals to revamp the WSOP in a single afternoon.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
imhighhommie

imhighhommie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deeb got robbed here 100%. Crazy to think how many hands would have been played differently had they had the true data. Deeb however is being a bit ridiculous on twitter now lol Whole thing is absolutely wild to me.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Frankly, I think all this shows is the entire structure of the WSOP, in terms of Player of the Year, needs to be completely overhauled. This 'accounting' error is the cherry on the cake (and I was for Robert Campbell POTY as a two bracelet winner). But, this mess of late registration and rebuys has gone on year in and out for a long time and should have been canned a decade ago.

I have already been around the block a few times with various restructuring ideas, but I still think that Lon McEachern had the best idea I've heard so far. Only the first bullet played can count towards POTY points.

With that also should be limiting re-entry, perhaps one additional bullet for all low buy in events and more re-entries permitted for high roller events (such as 5K plus). It's the World Series of Poker for heavens sake. Let the pro's spunk off numerous bullets in 10Ks but not in the broader fields with grinders and rec players.

I don't see why a committee of smart poker players and industry figures could not come up with decent proposals to revamp the WSOP in a single afternoon.

Ding, ding, ding! If we had a vote in any of the changes, I would definitely vote for Lon's idea.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel bad for Negreanu on this one. If Campbell won then he deserves it of course, but it also seems that after a certain point everyone had accepted these scores as correct and were acting on them. People did things differently as a result, so it's kind of like how there's not a misdeal if the same person posts the big blind twice in a row if there's already been significant action. The hand just continues because nobody had spoken up and now it's too late.

I'm saying Negreanu should have gotten to keep POY, but maybe he should have :D I'm not sure but either way it's a tough situation!

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
However one might feel about Negreanu, this is a really bad and laughable look for WSOP and their 'prized' title.

Amateurish.

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What a joke, but that’s what you get with Clowns, a Circus, lolololololol, bring in the 🤡

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Feels bad that Daniel didn't want . But anyway , the first one doesn't get anything else rather than just the title , so everything is all right I guess :)

T

thecarpetcatcher

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
feel bad for Negreanu on this one

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wanted Negreanu to win but Campbell had a better WSOP performance and was the only one of the three who won a bracelet(2) this year..

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/news/daniel-negreanu-robert-campbell-wsop-85402
A public statement was released by the World Series of Poker:
“We have confirmed an error was made in our results for WSOP Event #68, affecting places 32-46. As a result, Daniel Negreanu was given 213.1 points erroneously in this event. We deeply regret this error and its impact. Recalculating our Player of the Year results has an impact to the standings. Robert Campbell finishes in 1st place in the now final results, with Negreanu dropping to third place"

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
WSOP was really bad at this ...
Daniel Negreanu had already celebrated on Instagram ...

And I still believe he's the coolest poker player!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
We can all go round and round on this but there are plenty of stats which underline the POTY title been a farce in terms of awarding points for cashes in the manner WSOP have been doing.

Daniel Negreanu cashed 24 times between Las Vegas and Rozvadov. Forget the re-buys for now and just look at the cashes/finishes because they equate to 'points'

Negreanu's average cash/finishing position was 101.7 across the 24 events.

If that strikes as completely underwhelming bear in mind he legitimately came third under the present WSOP system.

This is a clear indictment of how ridiculous the WSOP points system has been in terms of the POTY award and of the need for a complete overhaul.

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu has always been very involved in charity as well. Since 2009, has been organizing a golf tournament annual charity, whose earnings go to different charity organizations, mainly helping needy children. Some of the organizations that Kid Poker has helped include Lili Claire Foundation, Ante Up For Africa and the Children's Research Hospital St. Jude. grande daniel you are very humble.!!

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, this is the most famous poker player. Perhaps there are those moments for which he earned worldwide recognition.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Congratulations to maybe the Nicest Poker player I have ever met, always takes the time for the fans, I wish him best of run good and play better to come in 2020 for Back 2 Back POY. Cheers Daniel.

Oops, never mind. :)

ganbat

ganbat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's a good guy. I sometimes watch his youtube videos.

WSOP