Dan Bilzerian joins GG Poker Team

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I first saw Dan Bilzerian is joining GG Poker this I thought it was a joke, but no its really happening.

https://en.ggpoker.com/team-ggpoker/dan-bilzerian/

I guess he has blown through all of his trust fund money with his failing company and needs more cash. The only one of his self proclaimed accomplishments in poker that can be verified is that he cashed in the 2008 world series of poker Main Event for $36,626.

Is this a good move for GG Poker? Is it a good look for GG to have someone like this on their team of 'pros'?

stonenex

stonenex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I my opinion it a great move from GG, he has more then 30m followers, it will bring a lot of new customers, more gamblers in this case so I guess its a win win situation for GG and for old players like me who are looking forward this because there will be MUCHO GRANDE new fish to feed on.

People might not like what's he's doing and how he is, not in the guns and so on but anyhow he's a bright person and intresting to watch

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quote,Is this a good move for GG Poker? Is it a good look for GG to have someone like this on their team of 'pros'?
Yes it is all just advertising really draw as many of the new depositors in as possible to be raked if it works why not it is their business.

Last edited:
Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
he recently bought his poker room which only operates in india

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is having a shit ton of inherited money the same as being a poker pro?

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This will be interesting to say the least. One thing we can be certain he isn't likely to be apologizing for anything.

It's hard to shame somebody with that wealth, all those women, and that lifestyle. The traditional put downs are just not going to work.

It will be funny watching the other men backtracking though.

Its very noticeable how the same people who go mental about a guy like Dan Bilzerian, who bang on about "equality" and "privilege" and other progressive nonsense, live highly privileged lives themselves and never have anything to say about their govts slaughtering their way across the globe. Its all about power and wealth, and truly most of these people only care about themselves.

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dan to GG

Good for Dan. Im sure GG wont regret this one.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
To be honest, don't know enough about the guy to form an opinion.. :dontknow:
This will be interesting to say the least. One thing we can be certain he isn't likely to be apologizing for anything.

It's hard to shame somebody with that wealth, all those women, and that lifestyle. The traditional put downs are just not going to work.

It will be funny watching the other men backtracking though.

Its very noticeable how the same people who go mental about a guy like Dan Bilzerian, who bang on about "equality" and "privilege" and other progressive nonsense, live highly privileged lives themselves and never have anything to say about their govts slaughtering their way across the globe. Its all about power and wealth, and truly most of these people only care about themselves.
You think equality is 'progressive nonsense'? :hmmmm2:

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is the first time I've read about it. That's their business. At first glance, there is nothing special about it.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Really didn't appreciate the video of him throwing the lady of the roof, looks like the poor lass catches a foot/leg on the side of the pool on the way in, ouch! :(

Silly of her to allow this to happen too of course but I guess we all make bad decisions at times...

Is it true he was a SEAL? If so, I find that incongruent with his behaviour, most decent militaries (especially special forces) usually instill a degree of decorum and respect into their ranks.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The movement of GG poker with this is only publicity since Dan Bilzeran is a public figure who knows how to manage his social networks with his lifestyle, but as a "professional poker player" never because he is a millionaire fan of the game, with This GG poker move will attract more fans in the us and also attract the high stakes sharks and they will sit with him at the high stakes cash tables to try to take his money and what they give bilzeran it could be a Big Fish.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thus, the GG poker management wants to attract more players to their network. It is clear that some fans will register in this frame, but this will not be the number of players that GG poker is hoping for. Maybe they are preparing a promo "strawberry" with the participation of girls against the background of the complete legalization of cannabis.)) :D:icon_sant:D

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
The movement of GG poker with this is only publicity since Dan Bilzeran is a public figure who knows how to manage his social networks with his lifestyle, but as a "professional poker player" never because he is a millionaire fan of the game, with This GG poker move will attract more fans in the us and also attract the high stakes sharks and they will sit with him at the high stakes cash tables to try to take his money and what they give bilzeran it could be a Big Fish.

Thus, the GG poker management wants to attract more players to their network. It is clear that some fans will register in this frame, but this will not be the number of players that GG poker is hoping for. Maybe they are preparing a promo "strawberry" with the participation of girls against the background of the complete legalization of cannabis.)) :D:icon_sant:D

If whatever poker site wants to get as much new clients as possible then they probably should think about expanding to various markets rather than just "hire" some celebrity lol ...

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Without a doubt, with this transfer by GGPoker we will see more action in the high stakes in the regular games

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, from GG's standpoint, it's cheap advertising. With his huge following, it may draw a LOT of people to their platform, and especially now with people being inside, they will have free time to kill, and may play poker. His character is definitely questionable, no doubt, as I've watched Vanessa Kade stream in the past, and she's a good streamer and by all accounts, pleasant on stream.

As for how it's going to play out, I don't know - I can't say I've followed it that closely, but it definitely is a polarizing issue.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally, I can't agree more, Terry!

Twitter is ablaze with this one - it's not going to go away too quickly.

Well, as usual, Social media whined and moaned for 4 days , now a week later and it is as if it never happened, OH , except for Bilzarian is cashing that GG check with Dannny Boys full-throated approval. I mean D-negs has never spoken a bad word about a Poker Site that "sponsors" him. Here is 1 of his tweets so I am not accused of making things up without sources.

https://twitter.com/RealKidPoker/status/1334570847030312961?s=20

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It appears from the comments, people think this is a no-brainer for bringing in huge amount of "new" players. I have to disagree, we watched Stars do the same for a few years they dumped Poker "Pros' and hired comedians and celebrity types and I don't think it brought them any new players, BUT - the people who hold the purse strings must think it is the way to go, in the end, it leads to higher rake for the actual players, almost no rewards for loyal volume players ??? Oh well, it is 2020 , and the world is upside down.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GG does not need a bilzerian player, GG needs a capitalist Bilzerian.