CA
Chips
LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Holy Smokes.... A lot of people their! So 1A and 2B and 3C for the line up because it is max for the tables? wow
only 500$? Not Bad! Good Luck players!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Holy Smokes.... A lot of people their! So 1A and 2B and 3C for the line up because it is max for the tables? wow
only 500$? Not Bad! Good Luck players!

From the short video in the article, it appeared like a zoo! One would have to know their way around a little, I would think.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From the short video in the article, it appeared like a zoo! One would have to know their way around a little, I would think.

paying $500 to be treaded like cattle...

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
paying $500 to be treaded like cattle...

I don't believe that is the intention. This was an opportunity for folks to buy into a game that was more affordable in celebration of WSOP's 50th anniversary. I'm sure they knew it would be popular but obviously were not prepared for the overwhelming response.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The prize is big , the buy in minimum , it worths the players' patience and investment . The crowd is big , room may not be enough but I believe Rio's staff will find the sollution if same problem occur again .
It seems players are very interested in the WSOP this year , maybe a new record of participants we will have this summer ??

rrickir

rrickir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't believe that is the intention. This was an opportunity for folks to buy into a game that was more affordable in celebration of WSOP's 50th anniversary. I'm sure they knew it would be popular but obviously were not prepared for the overwhelming response.
Ahhhh so according to what you said this was for their 50th Anniversary so this is probably just a one-time thing this year which might be best LOL:)

I had a friend who was playing in this but it was way too hard to follow the chip counts or updates,,,,,,,,, just too many people....... will be some lucky people who make it down to that final table:)

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ahhhh so according to what you said this was for their 50th Anniversary so this is probably just a one-time thing this year which might be best LOL:)

I had a friend who was playing in this but it was way too hard to follow the chip counts or updates,,,,,,,,, just too many people....... will be some lucky people who make it down to that final table:)

It might be a one-time thing as the Big 50? But because of its popularity, the organizers just may rename the event next year or whenever - it wouldn't surprise me if this game came back though.

rrickir

rrickir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes i agree shells, they would just have to organize it and plan for it a little better cuz my friend told me the lines and the crowd were crazy LOL but I'm sure at that buying it will be popular if they kept it

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just the logistics of getting people seated...breaking tables....

I don't know how they do it.

I will be impressed with whomever wins this thing!

Good luck !

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just the logistics of getting people seated...breaking tables....

I don't know how they do it.

I will be impressed with whomever wins this thing!

Good luck !

I know right?!

Would this fall under "the survival of the fittest" category?

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
500 to 1 Million.

That's a nice ROI.

It's like the Main Event Winner getting 20M.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know right?!

Would this fall under "the survival of the fittest" category?

The winner would fall under "the survival of the luckiest" category.....lol

And most tournament winners (giant fields) will admit that. You can often see early hands when the winner of a given tournament somehow got their stack in behind and lucked out - sometimes several times!

I like asking winners of big tournaments how they did it. And, often the answer is something like, "I was playing well and chipping up....and then XYZ happened". XYZ is a hand that somehow resulted in a gigantic pot. Often it is the result of a big error that the opponent(s) made - such as not raising or shoving preflop - or even being involved in the hand at all (ex. 72 pays A2 on a 22xxx board). Hey - let's get lucky and flop trips! Terrific....

Good luck !

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's a terrible miscalculation. The impression is that the organizers did not expect such an influx of players during the late registration. Of course, they had to limit this period, or find an additional large hall. I hope conclusions will be drawn.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was there, for the largest flight on Sunday Day 1D. The lines were insane but I thought they did an amazing job accommodating everyone. I don't think it's fair to blame the organizers for not being able to funnel thousands of people that show up at the last minute wanting to play in a historic event. I pre-registered online and had I checked in on Saturday night as I planned it would have been smooth sailing. I got side tracked with travel and family stuff though and arrived at the Rio just after 9 AM for the 10 AM start time. The pre-registration line was way down the hall but it only took about 45 mins to get through it and another 5 minutes to find my room / seat. So showing up less than an hour before start time, I was still at the table in plenty of time for the first hand. People who just showed up and did not pre-register waited hours and hours. Some had to wait in two separate lines because they didn't have a total rewards card (separate line). Some of the blame has to go to players who could have shown up earlier, got cards the day before or at another affiliated Harrah's property, or pre-registered...

I hope they do something similar next year. This was my first and only WSOP event and it was an amazing experience.

C

curiplop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Those tournaments are a lottery, you need to win at least 20 flip to enter prizes

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Those tournaments are a lottery, you need to win at least 20 flip to enter prizes
That's not true. This is only a function of how many hands you play. I was mostly card dead but I was only all in for my tournament life on a flip one time before the bubble. And I never had a big stack either. At the end of day 1 I ran my AKo into 33 on an AA3 flop. So day 2 was over 3 hours of short stack play. To make the final table, maybe... but still possibly far less than 20. To make the money you don't "need" to win "at least" 20 flips.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually as I think more about it I lost 3 out of 4 of my biggest flips (in pretty dramatic fashion) for the entire tournament and still was able to make the money. Luckily the only one where I was all in pre flop was the one I managed to win.

Day 1 level 7ish?: ATcc vs 8s8h, flop T65cc, turn 8d. Lost about 1/3 of my stack (yea he hit a 1 outter)
Day 1 level 13: AKo vs 33, flop AA3ss, turn 7x, river 9s. Lost over half my stack (should have been eliminated)
Day 2 level 15, just before the money: JTdd vs 88 all in pre flop, Flop JT6r. Hand holds, doubled through.
Bubble
Day 2 level 18: AQhh vs TT, Flop QJx, turn K, river 9. Lost more than half my stack.

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This happens every year. The colossus was just as bad. Couple of bits of advice, don't play day 1A of anything if you can help it. Always the biggest day. Use Bravo Poker Live App on your phone to pre-register and never stand in line (just print your seat ticket at the kiosks). Or wire money to the cage and use a cage account. Wire transfer says takes 2 weeks, but mine and all of my friends went through in about 24hrs. Better to do this than travel with that large bankroll. BTW totally legal to travel domestically with over 10k... don't let TSA or a Police Officer tell you different.

GustavoMaruno

GustavoMaruno

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, i dream about Vegas...getting into WSOP me and winning it...put my name in poker history!

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I heard that it was oversold big time. That's a good problem to have. At least poker is alive and well.

Estebon

Estebon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wsop 50😯 that's sound pretty damage good.

WSOP