Is the card shuffling in online poker truly random?

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my opinion is that poker rooms still adhere to some sort of alignment, and not everything is so clear in poker as at first sight

G

Goonsquad1217

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Close enough. Nothing perfect in life.

T

tayday79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The code for any poker site’s RNG has remained top secret, leading many to wonder whether the cards are really dealt in a random fashion. CoinPoker, a cryptocurrency-based online poker site, is releasing the source code for the random number generator so you can see for yourself. Have you ever doubted the RNG on any online poker site?

Is Online Poker Really Random? Crypto Site Opens Source Code, Offers Reward to Test Shuffling RNG
yes i have because its too many bad beats in online poker

O

onlynuts19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What about shuffle when I have got AA and flop 47A, turn 6, river 5 and he has got 88. That's simple program and when it's your time you win even when you hav T2 discolored.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fact that this has become a thing, to where a RNG is being revealed, makes me think all of this is pretty dubious. Can some one tell me why these things are concealed in the first place? As far as I know RNGs are not terribly sophisticated for computer programmers to engineer.

G

Goonsquad1217

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you ever see a single hand in which a player had an Ace of hearts and another Aces of hearts hit the board?
Guess that answers if the dealt cards remain in the deck.....
Have You seen this before. I've played a long time and Never seen this.

A

AliceBazooka

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Rigged or juiced

For me the question isn't whether online poker is rigged : ie favors some players over others compared to a hand dealt deck.
Is an online deck juiced? ie do good pairs and good hands occur more often than they would with an hand dealt deck?
A juiced deck would still be fair while speeding up play and increasing excitement.
Either way it is out of my control but knowing can influence my style of play.

I

ifloldway2much

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard to explain. I am doing my best right now and am getting close with 888. Stars is similar. It's not a matter of winning some and others winning some. It is about the timing - when someone wins something against someone else. I am finding a lot of hints and patterns from previous hands that are correctly predicting when other players win or lose against myself and against other players. It's like poker because the end result is that the winner has the best hand.. but the difference is that certain players who notice the patterns can exploit them to optimize betting in certain situations only. It is not a situation where one person can always win, but in the right circumstances they can get enough information about other players to make profitable plays next regardless of what hands they are dealt, because they know whether they will win or lose against others.

i'd be more worried about bots than if you are gonna win using some type of system. plus the other topic of finding out preflop who is gonna win is like trying to read minds. aint gonna happen. good luck with you system bud..

I

ifloldway2much

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i'd be more worried about bots than if you are gonna win using some type of system. plus the other topic of finding out preflop who is gonna win is like trying to read minds. aint gonna happen. good luck with you system bud..

one last thought.

if you are playing your cards to win... then get out of poker. you aint good enough to win cash games.
ive won many times without seeing my hole cards,
you figure that one out...

JopyJoost

JopyJoost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This Online Game is as random as to allow and promote betting. players do win in this game so it is not rigged. To win is all about who is the luckiest player.
Live poker versus online poker...you will see 4 to 5 more hands on line then you would live. So you actually see more variations of hands then you would live. On line you have over 8,000 + players playing 4 to 5 times as fast as live. The more players you have in a tournament the lower your chances of winning but this increases 4 to 5 times in online poker tournaments. If this is confusing you...good luck!!

C

crankmuppet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I doubt every RNG. I can't prove they are not legit and they can't 100% prove to me that they are 100% legit. Mexican standoff.

Doesn't mean I think poker is rigged, just that I acknowledge the possibility that some operators may not be 100% legit.

B

BigRivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played a lot more live then I have online. I think it's all random. I have lost set over set over set live, and I had a straight flush when someone else had a full house and another player had the ace high flush. But online you see a lot more hands so the odd ones stick out more.

In most areas online players are better then live too, so that also affects you perception.

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So this is you admission?

one last thought.

if you are playing your cards to win... then get out of poker. you aint good enough to win cash games.
ive won many times without seeing my hole cards,
you figure that one out...

So, what you are admitting to is that you have a cash game BOT? you know sooner or later your gonna get caught, and "I told you so" will seem redundant.

BTW, if you trust a "site" is legit, I REALLY feel sorry for you. :joyman:

B

bronson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is also widely believed (falsely or not) that if a player has not made a deposit to the site, the host site applies a coefficient to the player that lowers their probablity of a winning hand.

Sour grapes or business model?

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No! The algorithms are set to make the hands more exciting. Talk to any it guys, they know it.

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ive noticed a lot of similarities in the ACR card generator. It seems if a straight is possible on the flop the board will end up pairing.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
... But online you see a lot more hands so the odd ones stick out more....
They only stick out in the brain of the human that loses.
Mathematically they don't stick out.
or,...., when they stick out mathematically: it's rigged!

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I would like to have access to a number of similar tourneys and see who were the top ten/twenty players for each one. See if certain people keep winning. As an example, maybe the ones who deposit more frequently??? Ones that are part of the elite group?? If the same bunch are always winning in the money, something is up. The coaches always say that even the pros have losses. Just my opinion.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to have access to a number of similar tourneys and see who were the top ten/twenty players for each one. See if certain people keep winning. As an example, maybe the ones who deposit more frequently??? Ones that are part of the elite group?? If the same bunch are always winning in the money, something is up. The coaches always say that even the pros have losses. Just my opinion.
Be carefull:
you can most easily do this on cardschat: join the freeroll club
spoiler: on nearly every final table you will see one or more familiar name(s).

I guess that even without being FRC member, you can see the monthly/quarterly/yearly statistics on the forum, check both US and non-US.
spoiler: you will find familiar name(s) in every list.

Warning: check before reporting the cc regulars:D

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think there is a shuffle. At the start of the hand all 52 cards are available. You get two random cards from what's available (notice everyone gets their 2 cards at the same time, not 1 at a time to each seat in order like a live game).
Then those cards are removed from the available cards.
The flop is just 3 of the available cards picked randomly.
Then those 3 cards are removed from the list of available cards.
The the Turn is just 1 of the available cards.
It then gets removed from available.
Then the River is just a random card from the available list.

Ignoramus380

Ignoramus380

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is a random card really shuffled in online poker?
They know better!

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After the flop, the "site" knows who has what cards and which player(s) is playing the hand and CERTAINLY knows what cards are "remaining", so I agree with the statement that the "order" and such of the winners can CERTAINLY be manipulated...easy peasy for a decent programmer, right?
"a site is only as good as the people who PRE program it"
--sidenotch--

i totally agree with this statement..

everyone says its algorithm but how do we know for sure?

the system already knows what cards are dealt and what cards are remaining

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great question. I feel like when I havent played in a while the system is letting me hit almost anything on the board then the coolers start

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honesty

I think it is no advantage to a poker site randomly select accounts that can be most privileged but do not discount the doubts in its entirety in my head

I think if a poker site invoice with people playing increasing your rake the number of players on the field then there is the realization that it is not worth to the business of poker site be partially or expense in favor of other groups

I want to read more about and diverse opinions !!!!

:jd4:mateuspoker