Bubble protection - it could be real!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seem a little bit silly to me. In most tournaments the smallest payout is already less than two times the buyin, so reducing it to one time the buyin does not change anything substantially. pokerstars have some 1,1$ MTTs, they call "deep payouts", and I always found these a bit annoying. Sure its a bit easier to cash, but the mini-cash give you like 10% in top of your buyin, and to make an actual substantial win you need to get very close to the final table.

M

Master Bedroom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Idk you didnt tell us what it is

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The way I look at it, if you happen to bubble a tournament at least you do get your buy-in back (better than zero). Personally, I don't care if it's a micro buyin or much more - it's happened often enough where I have been on the bubble, it's an 'ok' consolation prize for me.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does it reduce the other cashes ? final table cashes must be significantly reduced if they spread the bubble cash to the top 10% of players and give your buy in back ?.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That's nice, better than nothing.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Does it reduce the other cashes ? final table cashes must be significantly reduced if they spread the bubble cash to the top 10% of players and give your buy in back ?.

That I do not know. I'm interested to see how well this goes, though. I also suppose it would be up to the individual poker sites as to how they would manage it all.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the end of the day its just a different payout structure. There will still be a "bubble", because one player will win something (his buyin), while the player before him win nothing.

C

curiplop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a bad idea, promote mediocrity, if I play a tournament it is to win it, I don't mind going bubble, I care to win it

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, an absolutely useless idea for players !!! this is another attempt of poker sites to make money, now it will be a percentage of insurance)))

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that this is the right structure, and if the buy-in in the 7.5-11 tournament with such a pass payout is valuable.

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s one of those things that change the game in a fundamental way but do make the game more approachable - reimbursing one entry may encourage many people to join who still do contribute to the prize pool. I don’t agree with the idea on the surface, but it trial runs prove successful and significantly increase the prize pool then I can see myself changing my opinion.

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a live tournament recently for the first time at my local club. Normally, I play strictly cash 99.9% of the time, but I had won a ticket to seat via cash game's opening freeroll.

Top 3 were paid out of a field of 27. First place gets the grand prize and a ticket to another tourney of the same type.

When we were down to 4 players, an agreement was made to transfer the first-place finisher's bonus ticket to the fourth player finisher as a type of "bubble insurance".

There was no personal stimulus or financial incentive for the chip leader to propose his ticket to me. But he offered the deal anyways, as we had all been playing for 4 hours by that time. We were a group of friendly, experienced players with familiarity of the craziness around the bubble. I ended up the "Bubble Man" but slightly happier than if no such deal had been made.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
For me, it sounds just like shifting the bubble some places downwards and if the usual payouts will be lowered by this, it just makes hardly sense for me. Because what would it mean then for the lowest-paid places, that they will get instead a double of their buy-in like only 1.5 of their buy-in?
If the online rooms want so much early registrations, then they should award this maybe with some tickets similar to the example of CrimeaRiver's live game.

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think that's crazy. It won't "alleviate the “restless atmosphere” and “feeling of despair” when MTT payouts move into view." It just changes the bubble position to the next spot!
I wonder how much money it took to implement that genius idea lol smh..
Edit: AND as was said, that money will come out of the actual winners payout.

Last edited:
edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is an interesting idea, I dont like being the bubble boy lol

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's pretty interesting idea but I think players should play by themselves because everything is being automated now (HUD'S etc)

vuk011

vuk011

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It will only protect bubble boy, for the rest of the game does not affect absolutely. So far, in live tournaments, the players very offten agreed to get a small amount to bubble player. In principle, this innovation does not change anything.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry... but i think this is stupid... now the bubble is a bit earlier...

Why not just refund everone his buyin and leave out the poker completely ?

I never understood why people are so concerned about the bubble. What difference is there between busting after hand 2 and busting on the bubble?

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is like a consolation prize. But than, the bublle will start before the consolation prize. I think that the same prize will be divided among more players. Not so good.

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's advantegeous cause if you are short staked you woun't worry cause you'll get atleast your buyin, right.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Inequitas says: July 24, 2019 at 12:26 pm

Yeah I’m up for that! I’m pretty sick of the LONG registration periods, like massive in the bigger tournaments…

2 and half hours is just wrong… all that time you’re slowly progressing but still easily caught up when another hundred or so bingo players jump in on the last round of cut off…

A third doubling up and carrying on their BS when they hit your table lol

I’d say its not fair on the regular players who booked/registered in advance hours even days before the tournament and then had to sit through up to 2 and half hours of game play only to be beehatch slapped in the face with a bingo LAG lol as you can tell I’ve been there a few times lol
Long registration Periods frustrate those who've waited and preregistered days in advance...

Early birds should be rewarded instead of being the targets for late registration snipers and Bingo LAGs...

They provide the meat of tournament prize money, they keep the game going through the late registration period some times for hours and getting busted out right on the fringe of the bubble when they've sat in the bubble for a good hour + is a slap in the face...

This will go some way to making it worth while to register early instead of the platform delaying to get every last cent they can into the pot and in doing so ripping off the Early Birds...

Well Done GG im up for playing your platform just for that reason alone... Please don't use this as an excuse to lengthen the late reg period even more....

Last edited:
D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good idea you get your money back for a long grid most of time.