Bill Perkins responds to the scandal 'allegations'

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Bill Perkins, one of the wealthiest players in poker, has a squeaky-clean image in the game. He rarely rubs the poker community the wrong way. But, in this case many Twitter followers seemed a little annoyed even after Bill had posted a few more details to the 'alleged scandal' although, the details are still unclear.

Is this allegation any clearer than it was on Saturday?

Bill Perkins Takes Heat from Poker Community for ‘Over-Hyped’ Alleged Cheating Scandal

Cirass

Cirass

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem is: there isn’t any evidence that it’s true. It’s all anecdote, and fake news off the anecdotes. That’s the world we are living in.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The problem is: there isn’t any evidence that it’s true. It’s all anecdote, and fake news off the anecdotes. That’s the world we are living in.

I don't believe this is what classifies as 'fake news' given Bill is the one who created this news...maybe I'm wrong. This 'scandal' appears to be between a select few individuals from what I can tell. I need to know more before really developing an opinion.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes , Perkins is right , this is the greatest scam ever , Postle gate seems just a joke or a child's prank in comparison to what Jungleman has done recently :)

Merry Christmas Bill Perkins :)

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trying to understand the main issue. Pro players are buying bad players account?

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Trying to understand the main issue. Pro players are buying bad players account?

There is a podcast that helped me to understand the details a little bit better (linked below)

If you want, you can skip the first 10 minutes or so, and then the discussion of the issue at hand begins. Bill enters the chat at about the 37-minute mark if I remember right.

It's actually quite good, in my opinion.

https://datpodcast.libsyn.com/guest...ghosting-scandal-dat-poker-podcast-episode-75

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a podcast that helped me to understand the details a little bit better (linked below)

If you want, you can skip the first 10 minutes or so, and then the discussion of the issue at hand begins. Bill enters the chat at about the 37-minute mark if I remember right.

It's actually quite good, in my opinion.

https://datpodcast.libsyn.com/guest...ghosting-scandal-dat-poker-podcast-episode-75

Awesome, thank you for sharing that. I didn't know that Daniel Negreanu had a podcast.