"Bet Raise Fold" Documentary (formerly "Boom")

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ditto, must be because many of the fact that many of the people who are complaining about it haven't been around online poker for very long. Many of them haven't even been on the forums for 6 months...

I think it is because they have never heard of it and have no clue what it is about. They watch it expecting it to be a poker movie or something it is not.

For what it is - it is supposed to be really good. Still haven't watched it lol.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is because they have never heard of it and have no clue what it is about. They watch it expecting it to be a poker movie or something it is not.

For what it is - it is supposed to be really good. Still haven't watched it lol.

Probably also true. I've been following the making of it since right after "From Busto to Robusto" so it was everything I expected it to be.

C

Cokatoo56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a documentary, and anyone who actually played any significant amount of poker, has money locked up on Tilt still, or really understands what it is like to grind it out will appreciate it.

It wasn't meant to be a funny or gripping plot, because it isn't a made up story. I didn't view it as a way to kill 90 minutes and I didn't think I was going to learn anything from it, but I enjoyed how they put everything together.

If you think that you're going to learn anything from watching Rounders or any hand from WPT/EPT/PCA/WSOP/etc. then you are kidding yourself, but coming from some of your other posts, it doesn't surprise me that you would think those videos would help.

hey relax phil hellmuth. i couldn't say we would grab heaps of tips from your blog either. yeah, i know i am not a great player, and i don't pretend to be one.
that is why i joined the forum, to share with other smart guys who play better.
while i haven't been a victim of the FTP cheat, i surely understand what the victims have endured and how much it sucks to be cheated that way.
i didn't mean we can learn a lot on poker from rounders (lol) or some big tournaments recordings. i meant that in terms of entertainment, it is surely better time spent.
the poster will make his own mind ;)

blackplanet

blackplanet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read like 30 diffrent posts and still don't know what the movie is called yet.. :)

Z

zzzokkk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
watched it yesterday.. didn't see or learn anything new, did not entertain me much... But if you are a poker player, you will watch it also... It gives you look at the history of online poker..

long_bong

long_bong

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoyed the video, But I would liked to see more stories from more reputable players and their struggles. Anyways, overall a nice watch. But they could of made it so much better.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has anyone watched the poker movie bet, raise or fold

I want to know as anybody watched the movie bet, raise and fold. I heard it wa a very good movie if anyone on here watched give me ur review. ty

jhonihgrass

jhonihgrass

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet Raise Fold occurred shows how began the success of online poker, after the victory of Chris Moneymaker, the Main Event of the wsop (world series of poker) 2003. Among the professionals who participated in the interviews, especially the Americans and Phil Galfond Vanessa Selbast.
In my opinion it is very educational for poker

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet raise fold was pretty good. A bit depressing with BF but still good :)

Skull_Sniper

Skull_Sniper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't seen it yet, but I hear it's really good. As for subtitles I don't think I'd be much help there.

curtinsea

curtinsea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't decided yet if this film is net positive or not. It didn't really break any new ground, and really focused on the 'my livelihood was taken away by Black Friday' angle a bit too much. There are potentially millions of players who were just every day people suddenly prevented from a fine source of entertainment.

Too often the recreational player is ignored in the debate, and the fact is that those are the countless numbers of players not only needed at the tables, but needed in the discussion. A little more focus on freedom denied I think would have been cool.

My 2 cents. I'll watch it again anyway, maybe I missed something :)

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a really good documentary, really enjoyed watching it!!

Folding in Poker