"Bet Raise Fold" Documentary (formerly "Boom")

L

LeGenie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just finished watching it. Makes me miss the good days of playing on FTP and PS. I often dream that those sites come back to the US. If that doesn't happen, I just want legal online poker here. I hate dealing with limited and semi-shady sites.

Hey Vinnie I personally enjoy Bovada. It's a legit website with fast and easy withdrawals. I am pretty sure you feel the same about it :)

L

LeGenie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sweet can't wait to watch the movie!

icbossman

icbossman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a good doc, I wished though showed more games though. Bought the special edition, but the bonuses will be coming out in August.

L

LeGenie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys I can't seem to find it. Can someone post the link to the documentary.

M

madethegrade

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
was pretty interesting i wish they spent more time with alexie martov/ martin

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hey Vinnie I personally enjoy Bovada. It's a legit website with fast and easy withdrawals. I am pretty sure you feel the same about it :)

I don't hate bovada. It just is very limited. The four table max, no auto top up, no waiting lists or visible full tables, etc.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

spsb83

spsb83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought it was ok. If anything it was to reserved. I make my living as camera operator and photographer and have worked on documentaries.

I think for this type of format we need a villain type character like a total arrogant baller, to contrast the nice poker players we all like. Also we here the poker players talk about downswings and how awful it is but we need the cameras to be present when a player is on their knees praying for their flush to hit and the ecstatic reaction when they win a massive pot.

Too much information in to short a time. It should either have been focused on black friday and the aftermath easily 90 minutes there. Or 90 minutes on the moneymaker effect. Or 90 minutes on the ups and downs of a poker player but to put all those aspects in to one documentary has in my opinion diluted what it is trying to say.

Still a lot better than this sh*t though that made it onto national geographic.

Inside underground poker

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bet Raise Fold Documentary

I got to see the screening of this while at the wsop a few weeks ago. Krantz and company did a good job, and I'd highly recommend checking it out if you get a chance. It sheds more light on the fight, and puts some real names and faces that have been affected by the US legislation.

betraisefoldmovie.com

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow, this looks pretty interesting.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gonna post an interview with Danielle Anderson tonight or tomorrow!

M

madethegrade

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gonna post an interview with Danielle Anderson tonight or tomorrow!

Thats awesome. tell her she's a great face of the real side of poker players.
Also hope she gets her $$ back soon.

Tinie107

Tinie107

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very interesting documentary, worth a watch!

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Watching it now! Glad to see Sean Gibson aka icemonkey in it!!!

Juanes1913

Juanes1913

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where can I see this movie ?? it looks good ..

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Anyone know if you can trade/transfer Stars or Lock for it?

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Was a good movie I enjoyed it. It really wasn't like all poker, just peoples lives that revolved around poker, and I believe that is why a few people didn't like it.

C

Carlinhosgn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The best movie of poker is Rounders, lucky you and cassino royale!

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a few decent/good poker movies, besides rounders, try Hi Roller Stu Ungar story, and Shade.

The crazy thing about The Shade, we actually had someone that used to do this in our home games, this was years ago, and has been banned from our games, but I thought that the concept was just a fairy tale. I was definitely wrong,

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is this worth a watch or is it a waste of time? does it have any poker skills value to it or just something to kill time?

C

Cokatoo56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this worth a watch or is it a waste of time? does it have any poker skills value to it or just something to kill time?

lol, just to kill 90 minutes. it's just about a bunch of guys, pro and none pro, talking about poker. nothing at all to learn from in terms of play.
it doesn't motivate to play better or more or anything. just guys talking about poker in general, both live and online, talking about the rise of online poker and black friday.
if you haven't watched rounders, watch rounders instead, or a video of some EPT/PCA/ WSOP etc on youtube

4BlaBla

4BlaBla

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It's just a documentary about the evolution of online poker and the poker carreer of 3 characters.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol, just to kill 90 minutes. it's just about a bunch of guys, pro and none pro, talking about poker. nothing at all to learn from in terms of play.
it doesn't motivate to play better or more or anything. just guys talking about poker in general, both live and online, talking about the rise of online poker and black friday.
if you haven't watched rounders, watch rounders instead, or a video of some EPT/PCA/ WSOP etc on youtube

It's a documentary, and anyone who actually played any significant amount of poker, has money locked up on Tilt still, or really understands what it is like to grind it out will appreciate it.

It wasn't meant to be a funny or gripping plot, because it isn't a made up story. I didn't view it as a way to kill 90 minutes and I didn't think I was going to learn anything from it, but I enjoyed how they put everything together.

If you think that you're going to learn anything from watching Rounders or any hand from WPT/EPT/PCA/WSOP/etc. then you are kidding yourself, but coming from some of your other posts, it doesn't surprise me that you would think those videos would help.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It's a documentary, and anyone who actually played any significant amount of poker, has money locked up on Tilt still, or really understands what it is like to grind it out will appreciate it.

It wasn't meant to be a funny or gripping plot, because it isn't a made up story. I didn't view it as a way to kill 90 minutes and I didn't think I was going to learn anything from it, but I enjoyed how they put everything together.

If you think that you're going to learn anything from watching Rounders or any hand from WPT/EPT/PCA/WSOP/etc. then you are kidding yourself, but coming from some of your other posts, it doesn't surprise me that you would think those videos would help.

Exactly what absolut said. This is not a poker movie - it is a documentary about poker players. It is not meant to help you learn how to play poker lol.

This thread is virtually the only place I have seen anything except positive things said about it.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This thread is virtually the only place I have seen anything except positive things said about it.

Ditto, must be because many of the fact that many of the people who are complaining about it haven't been around online poker for very long. Many of them haven't even been on the forums for 6 months...

Folding in Poker