SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Thought I'd share this article written by our own Dara O'Kearney on improvements made to the Battle of Malta poker festival.

The main reason I'm sharing is I play in the Redtooth poker league with Johnny Kelly who commentated with Dara on the FT. We play in a pub in Bermondsey, SE London on Wednesday nights. He's been playing loads of big events since we met, and its been really interesting to chat to him and here how he talks about poker.

It was his first time commentating, just got asked while he was being interviewed at some stage during the festival.

Anyway, enjoy the article, and maybe one day I'll see you in Malta...:)

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Thought I'd share this article written by our own Dara O'Kearney on improvements made to the Battle of Malta poker festival.

The main reason I'm sharing is I play in the Redtooth poker league with Johnny Kelly who commentated with Dara on the FT. We play in a pub in Bermondsey, SE London on Wednesday nights. He's been playing loads of big events since we met, and its been really interesting to chat to him and here how he talks about poker.

It was his first time commentating, just got asked while he was being interviewed at some stage during the festival.

Anyway, enjoy the article, and maybe one day I'll see you in Malta...:)
Nice piece by Dara O'Kearney.

I liked how the article ended noting the absence of a senior event. It always appears to me the poker industry fails to promote to women and seniors correctly. Though, in this case current economics and stink of what happened in 2019 (topless male dealers) likely led to less players in the Woman's event. I remember O'Kearney and Lappin absolutely took the event to task on their podcast for that fiasco.

But- I always raise seniors as the most untapped market. Disposable income and freetime as O'Kearney points out.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Nice piece by Dara O'Kearney.

I liked how the article ended noting the absence of a senior event. It always appears to me the poker industry fails to promote to women and seniors correctly. Though, in this case current economics and stink of what happened in 2019 (topless male dealers) likely led to less players in the Woman's event. I remember O'Kearney and Lappin absolutely took the event to task on their podcast for that fiasco.

But- I always raise seniors as the most untapped market. Disposable income and freetime as O'Kearney points out.
Yeah very true. I can't wait until I'm a senior and can play more live tourneys!! Haha.

My plan is to improve a fair bit first tho too!! ;)