The Banker vs teh Corporation...has anyone heard this story?

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ran across this story about a supposedly amateur player who was a wealthy banker facing off heads up against some of the best poker pros in heads up cash games.

my only question is why in the world would this guy think that it was a good thing to take on poker pros for millions of dollars:confused:

apparently he held his own however:eek:
the key to it being that the higher the stakes the more the pros begin to play like amateurs ie scared to lose their money. what a dynamic eh?:eek:

does this suggest that the only real difference between pros and amateurs is ….bankroll?

afterwards the guy apparently announced that he was done with poker....touche….:confused:

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched a similar video. Wasn't he crushed by Phil Ivey ultimately? As for your question, I don't think it's bankroll that's the main difference between amateurs and pros. The unpredictable nature of amateurs is probably the main reason pros in the corporation had trouble playing against him.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Professor, the Banker, and the Suicide King, story about match between Andrew Beal and a group of professional poker players called "The Corporation" and at last Beal lost $16 million to Ivey

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! I'm playing Poker because I don't have any money, as soon as I have money I'll stop playing poker. Thanks. Good luck!