Any news from PPA

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So has this group gave up its fight to get poker legal again. Its been a LONG time and we dont seem any closer to being able to play except on a few sites as we have been too since that black Friday. Talk about control of its people.
Land of the free unless its something they dont want you doing LOL

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There hasn't been any news of late with the PPA, that I'm aware of (I used to check in on their Twitter account now and again, but it's been really slow lately with the last tweet dated August 14/19). What I have been seeing (I'm sure you have seen a little here and there, too) it's up to each individual state to come up with a plan. Right now, a lot of states have gotten on the Sportsbetting bandwagon, given it could potentially put more money in the state coffers. There are dribs and drabs of information for each state concerning online poker, but it appears there is not the big push to have it available, just yet.

Since I am Canadian, I only know what I read and happen upon and what I've been seeing more than not, is if individuals wish to change anything regarding online poker, they need to contact their state representatives and ask them what's up.

https://www.pokeralliance.com/news/changes-legal-status-sports-betting-2019/
https://twitter.com/ppapoker

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From a "liberty and pursuit of happiness" standpoint, I agree with fighting for the official right to play online poker in the US. But realistically, what is the practicality of it? Let's say, hypothetically, that online poker becomes legal. Do you think it will start raining sausages or something? freerolls everywhere? As of right now, we can still play on ACR and BOL, aren't these two sights enough for one to lose all his money?

R

rmcmullen2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From a "liberty and pursuit of happiness" standpoint, I agree with fighting for the official right to play online poker in the US. But realistically, what is the practicality of it? Let's say, hypothetically, that online poker becomes legal. Do you think it will start raining sausages or something? Freerolls everywhere? As of right now, we can still play on ACR and BOL, aren't these two sights enough for one to lose all his money?

Haha that last part made me laugh because it is so true. With the legalization of poker I think people are also hoping for oversight and regulations of poker sites. This will allow players to trust poker sites more than they do now and not have to rely on sites that are headquartered in Costa Rica with little to no oversight and regulations. Good thing we live in a world where most people are honest, ethical, conformists and that poker sites make enough money that they do not need to do anything shady to increase profits...