An amazing performance by Dan Cates in the Poker Players Championship. He played poker quite well too!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
An amazing performance by Dan Cates in the Poker Players Championship. He played poker quite well too! For me, watching this guy was the highlight of the entire wsop series without question!
Oh yahhhhhhhh!!!!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So glad I've been able to watch all of this final table. The HeadsUp has lasted for many, many hours.... it's 4am and they are still going at it! I really hope Dan is able to win this... he almost had him a few times.

N

NoMore

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel Cates is a professional poker player from the United States, once considered one of the top No Limit Texas Hold 'em players in the world. As of 2014, his online cash game earnings at full tilt poker and pokerstars are over $11,000,000.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great player! Any 2 will do! :cool:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't know what the most impressive thing is, Jungle winning back to back the PPC or staying in character even during the interviews
Yah ... agreed. It was an amazing performance! I loved every moment of it and am really glad I purchased PokerGO for this month... just for that final table alone.

pegasus888

pegasus888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello folks!
I have to say, this guy Dan Cates put up a show, in one of the most prestigies tournaments in the WSOP.
I whatched the whole FT 13 hours of stream on Poker Go.
If you want to learn HORSE this is the one to see!

efb1f0307d.jpg

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now he developed kindof a crazy boxer-like persona, I watched the interview with pokernews, funny!
Is it a new marketing strategy? :) I like it, good for poker, good for him and congrats of course.
Back to back is always a proof of skill and not only luck :)

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
You guys had any doubt??? It was obvious from Day 1 that Cates would take it down. The guy is a legend in the making.

pegasus888

pegasus888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now he developed kindof a crazy boxer-like persona, I watched the interview with pokernews, funny!
Is it a new marketing strategy? :) I like it, good for poker, good for him and congrats of course.
Wow I can't wait to see!!!
Thank you for reply.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jungleman was an end boss in the PS days. It's good to see that he is crushing the live games.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in one hand he was lucky when he mixed up Omaha and Omaha hi-low) well, the heads-up was also not easy, but of course he is a very strong player, it’s not for nothing that he wins such a prestigious tournament 2 years in a row

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

He was doing an impersonation of Randy Macho Man Savage. (very famous WWF pro wrestler... back from the days of Hulk Hogan). The comments & 1-liners made by Dan Cates that you'd hear throughout the day(s) while sitting on the tables in the 50k Players Championship were all things said by the MachoMan. Dan stayed in character the entire time! It was awesome!
(the costume Dan was wearing is available online ' Macho Man Randy Savage Costume')

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 8878.png
    ScreenHunter 8878.png
    717.7 KB · Views: 0
  • ScreenHunter 8879.png
    ScreenHunter 8879.png
    593.7 KB · Views: 0
  • ScreenHunter 8880.png
    ScreenHunter 8880.png
    520.1 KB · Views: 0