D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I hoped someone else would post this rather than me (I do not want this to be my schtick) but after a couple of days I feel that it does need to be mentioned.

All four of the most prominent alleged cheaters have been allowed to play in the wsop in spite of the fact the EPT and Triton appear to have banned them.

Bryn Kenney, Ali Imsirovic, Jake Schindler and Sergi Reixach all showed and entered the $100K Bounty High Roller with Imsirovic making the final table.

Shaun Deeb had words with Bryn Kenney and then Ali Imsirovic and Dan Smith asked Imsirovic if he was going to make a statement with some players threatening to boycott some other events if they register.

Needless to say, a lot of people disappointed.

https://www.pokernews.com/news/2022/05/poker-cheaters-2022-wsop-kenney-imsirovic-schindler-41293.htm

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I hoped someone else would post this rather than me (I do not want this to be my schtick) but after a couple of days I feel that it does need to be mentioned.

All four of the most prominent alleged cheaters have been allowed to play in the WSOP in spite of the fact the EPT and Triton appear to have banned them.

Bryn Kenney, Ali Imsirovic, Jake Schindler and Sergi Reixach all showed and entered the $100K Bounty High Roller with Imsirovic making the final table.

Shaun Deeb had words with Bryn Kenney and then Ali Imsirovic and Dan Smith asked Imsirovic if he was going to make a statement with some players threatening to boycott some other events if they register.

https://www.pokernews.com/news/2022/05/poker-cheaters-2022-wsop-kenney-imsirovic-schindler-41293.htm

WOW! That pokernews article is incredible... & extremely sad. What a complete P.O.S. Brynn is. And to add to the rest, the last bit about how he figures GGPoker should've been doing more for him while he's plotting their demise... while being paid by them, lol. What a piece of work.

Sadly the poker community rarely seems to do much of anything to blatant cheaters in the past. Often you'd read about stuff in forums,... shady stuff, guys ripping others off for huge sums.... and nothing ever being done about it. It's pretty sad.

I really hope that all of the online sites can come together with banning all of these a-holes, and anyone using RTA.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
WOW! That pokernews article is incredible... & extremely sad. What a complete P.O.S. Brynn is. And to add to the rest, the last bit about how he figures GGPoker should've been doing more for him while he's plotting their demise... while being paid by them, lol. What a piece of work.

Sadly the poker community rarely seems to do much of anything to blatant cheaters in the past. Often you'd read about stuff in forums,... shady stuff, guys ripping others off for huge sums.... and nothing ever being done about it. It's pretty sad.

I really hope that all of the online sites can come together with banning all of these a-holes, and anyone using RTA.

Yeah, I was happy to see the EPT and Triton make a stand but I was a little concerned the WSOP would fail to do likewise.

The thing is, the WSOP did not need to take draconian measures to make a point. They could have issued a public statement to say they had barred certain players for the 2022 tournament, without even naming them. Everybody would know who was involved when they did not show to play.

The WSOP could have said they wanted to spend time looking at alleged infractions and then decide whether or not the infractions warranted a further year ban. They could have left matters up in the air so those guys were encouraged to clean up their act.

However, what they could have stated is if in the future, further allegations arose and they appeared credible, they would not hesitate to impose a lifelong ban.

These guys are alleged to have taken numerous players for many millions. I cannot imagine what it is like for players who know they were likely stiffed by these guys to sit down and face them across the table.

Great that Shaun Deeb sounded off.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's really depressing. I'd have enough with doping in sports. With all the technology it should be so much easier to catch cheaters in poker.

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
The WSOP should follow the EPT and Triton patterns and keep cheaters from playing.
Imsirovic seems to want to whiten at the WSOP because promises to donate 50% of his profits to charity in all WSOP events he plays with buy ins under $25,000. He'll give the money, assuming there are profits, to the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The WSOP should follow the EPT and Triton patterns and keep cheaters from playing.
Imsirovic seems to want to whiten at the WSOP because promises to donate 50% of his profits to charity in all WSOP events he plays with buy ins under $25,000. He'll give the money, assuming there are profits, to the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Imsirovic is an insult to intelligence. We'll (he and his horses) take people for millions and then I'll absolve myself as 'Mr. Charity'.

To be honest, the aspect I find most bugging is that of GG Poker's involvement but lack of accountability (and as always, to be clear, I play and enjoy GG Poker).

They enabled Bryn Kenney's shenanigans where he seemingly took people for millions and GG never addressed the issue in a public at all. People only came to know about it once the matter was exposed by an ex-associate of Kenney's . A second round of widespread cheating occurred and this time at least GG announced they had banned 40 players and suspended another 40. Still no public reveal of players involved though it was easy to track who had been busted.

That said... on to the WSOP. Money seems to always talk in poker and now you have an intertwined relationship between the WSOP, PokerGO and then GG Poker. All in each others back pockets now regarding cross promotion, so no one is going to make a serious stand. Why? Because I believe that GG really wants to avoid their dirty laundry being exposed and if they give details, they fear those players will expose their weak security as payback. So the less said the better.

It's a kind of an understandable position to take (the easy way out) but at the same time does little to assure anyone that they, GG, or others such as the WSOP are truly intent on cleaning up the game...even if they have evidence of wrongdoing in front of them. In other words such entities do not necessarily have the players back.

scottychase

scottychase

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is not good for the community!!!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This is not good for the community!!!

No, it isn't but I believe (as Poker Orifice above) that the industry does not believe in heavy consequences for these offenses as they know that they have a captive audience and in the end most people are going to shrug their shoulders.

Let's face it, a number of pros spoke up during this round of allegations ( I use the word 'allegation' but we can all see from records when action was taken privately against the cheaters) and that didn't shift the needle.

However, the idea of collective action then gets undermined by other pros. I made note that PokerGO had invited Bryn Kenney back into their studio after the allegation and in some of the latest streams (pre WSOP) I see the likes of Daniel Negreanu and Phil Ivey sat down playing with Kenney. Let's not forget Negreanu is a GG ambassador who said he knew nothing (somehow) of what had transpired with Kenney and GG, just as I predicted he would.

Cary Katz owns PokerGO and he was also Kenney's backer...but it seems like one and all just shrugged their shoulders and deferred to Cary Katz because he's a billionaire and they all want to be in good with him. I also noticed that the commentators (during all of the WSOP stream I watched) studiously avoided mention anything about the likes of Imsirovic on air ( this was Remko Rinkama etc.) because ...oh yeah...they are in the employ of Cary Katz also.

I am fairly resigned to the fact that if most individuals feel they are getting 'their end' out of poker then cheating seems to be an acceptable part on the ecosystem, especially if they are already perched high in the poker tree.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
money talks everyvvhere

track + field , NFL , olympic gymnastics, poker .

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
track + field , NFL , olympic gymnastics, poker .

Of course you are right. Not to mention many business entities themselves commit fraud (such as banks) then will the subsequent fines as they are regarded as part of the cost of doing business.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
dont get me started off topic ...

business ( like you said ), law, politics , religion(!) , etc etc

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Man, these sods are sooo corrupt....they should be eaten alive by a FIRE-BREATHING DRAGON !!!!

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The thing is, the WSOP didn't need to take draconian steps to make a point. They could have issued a public statement to say that they had excluded certain players from the 2022 tournament, without even naming them. Everyone would know who was involved when he didn't show up to play.

The WSOP could have said it wanted to spend time investigating the alleged violations and then deciding whether or not the violations justified

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

All four of the most prominent alleged cheaters have been allowed to play in the WSOP in spite of the fact the EPT and Triton appear to have banned them.

And now Jake Schindler just took down the #12 $50k HiRoller :(

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
those suspects all play so strongly already .... cant understand that they pull so much unethical stuff too

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
And now Jake Schindler just took down the #12 $50k HiRoller :(
Yeah, it's demoralizing to be quite frank (and he ran deep in another event also). I noted he declined to comment after the event.

The WSOP made a choice here and it sends entirely the wrong message. I mean they fired a masseuse who participated in a joke. Yup a tasteless joke but she felt obliged to pander to her paying customer and she's out the back door promptly for offending someone's sensibilities.

Meanwhile Jake (for the second time), Ali and their stables get the heave ho from GG Poker for using RTA's and collusion to take people for some amount of millions...which I would have thought equated to offending sensibilities but apparently not at the WSOP.

Last edited:
W

WJMKAM

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is good to know who you are playing with. Organizations need to show that they will take action or they will lose players. When they lose the belief of fair play, they will lose players.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
those suspects all play so strongly already .... cant understand that they pull so much unethical stuff too
Yes, what I found personally upsetting about Jake Schindler was I held him in the highest regard as a player, absolutely one of my favorites. Schindler and Imsirovic were minting on their talents alone.

Then after this recent round of accusations came to light (end of 21) I found out before I came to poker, Schindler had already been kicked off pokerstars some years ago and it was widely accepted amongst pros he was persistent cheater online. I think Matt Berkey nailed it recently when he said that there is just a bad element within poker that is fine with taking any edge which would include cheating and using RTA for example. They actually think it cool to do so.

The thing I find really disappointing with the WSOP is that these guys were ultimately barred from EPT Monte Carlo some three weeks ago, then from Triton series Madrid two weeks ago but shown the welcome mat to the WSOP.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ali Imsirovic reaching the final table of the 100K High Roller is a proof that Karma is not a real thing

I shouldn't be laughing, but Jake Schindler winning his first bracelet just after being outed as cheater is very funny to me.

😆😁

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The main trend of recent weeks in the Western poker community is to accuse well-known high rollers of cheating and playing with tips. Ali Imsirovic and Jake Schindler fell under the hand, but the main avalanche fell on Brin Kenny, the leader in live MTT prize money received. The problem of hints is much more serious than most people think. Everything we hear about is just the tip of the iceberg.Well-known professional Alex Foxen supported Jason Koon's idea of introducing general blacklists in poker so that players banned online could not come to live series. As an example, Foxen cited the best player of last year, Ali Imsirovic, who, according to his information, was banned from the rooms of the GGPoker network for playing with a hint and multi-accounting.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Unfortunately, the just and honest, in most cases are banished or excluded by falarem the truth, while others achieve union with others of the same special (trapaceiros), returning or staying in communities or participating in tournaments, sad, very sad

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Shouldn't be too surprised when the likes of Chris Ferguson were allowed back in and even scooped player of the year a few years back

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From legal point of view - innocent till proven guilty. From public opinion point of view, guilty until proven innocents

WSOP