All of Twitch has just leaked, including its source code and user payouts

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
techspot - https://www.techspot.com/news/91602...ywFau7LnC_RPzwzAgMSF2DhmQ7j13JsL6exNa6k7J9BRw

A hacker appears to have leaked the entirety of livestreaming service Twitch, from the source code and user payouts to encrypted passwords. It's recommended that all users change their passwords, enable two-factor authentication, and reset their stream key.
A 4Chan user posted the 125GB torrent link on the forum earlier today, saying it was to "foster more disruption and competition in the online video streaming space" because "their community is a disgusting toxic cesspool."

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I saw this on Twitter as well. All I needed to do was change my password but can't imagine the panic that may set in with those who use the platform a lot.

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
A 4Chan user posted the 125GB torrent link on the forum earlier today, saying it was to "foster more disruption and competition in the online video streaming space" because "their community is a disgusting toxic cesspool."
This reminds me of the guy who killed 8 people in three sifferent spas in Atlanta because he felt tempted by them. Not the consequences of his actions, but the reasoning behind them: insanity. Just has to deal with his issues and not put the blame on everybody else.

Last edited:
Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I saw this on Twitter as well. All I needed to do was change my password but can't imagine the panic that may set in with those who use the platform a lot.
I don't even know my password is for twitch, I'm on there quite often, I have no idea what anyone can get from me on twitch, my bank protects me from fraud, and I have twitch blocked on my paypal.

If I want to buy a subscription, I send ACR to the streamer and they gift me a sub.

Have you checked out a streamer called amouranth I cracked up laughing the first time I saw it, she often has over 10000 viewers. I don't get it, maybe you can tell be what it's all about. ;) Take note of the microphone.

:)

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't even know my password is for twitch, I'm on there quite often, I have no idea what anyone can get from me on twitch, my bank protects me from fraud, and I have twitch blocked on my Paypal.

If I want to buy a subscription, I send to the streamer and they gift me a sub.

Have you checked out a streamer called amouranth I cracked up laughing the first time I saw it, she often has over 10000 viewers. I don't get it, maybe you can tell be what it's all about. ;) Take note of the microphone.

:)

I have zero money go through Twitch, so I'm pretty sure I'm ok in that department. And no, I haven't seen the streamer you mentioned but may check it out! 10,000 viewers is a lot!

Last edited:
antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
So many millions to streamers , just to play games , or '' lick the mic '' ........

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Makes me kinda glad I've never sent money to any Twitch streamers, all I do is watch streams.

And yeah, this is why I don't really spend much money online - for instance, ever since the US Government banned the major poker sites back in 2011, I will only play freerolls nowadays in order to build a bankroll - and it's not hopeless, in fact I've grown from zero all the way up to 4 figure bankroll on one site and 3 figures on another, its not hard if you are decent, if you grind infinite hours and pay strict attention to bankroll management once you do achieve a few dollars.

And no, I'll never withdraw my bankrolls because then I have to deal with all that BS of transferring. I'll just leave it on the sites and run it up as high as I can go, that's my own personal fun challenge in life, its not about the money even tho we all could use extra money obviously. It's just not worth the risks or the hassles, I get all the satisfaction I could ever get from poker this way, and I haven't risked one penny of my own money, ever (since 2011).

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

What a great article, but they act like these players are stealing from people... which they clearly are NOT, those are funds sent VOLUNTARILY by people... and yes certainly I agree the numbers are quite large but I'm pretty sure all these poker streamers knew exactly what they were hoping to achieve when they started... meaning, they dreamed of "earning" such money from their fans. That has ALWAYS been the ENTIRE point of ANY streamer no matter how nice or how gracious they may seem. There is literally no other reason to spend night after night, hour after hour, sharing your poker play with the whole world. Sure, poker coaches like Jonathan Little for example, their streams are quite clearly geared towards marketing themselves to generate coaching business, or to get people to purchase their poker books. Nothing wrong with that, it's just good business really.

But as I said in my previous post, I have never sent one penny to any streamer, I just never felt like it was a wise use of my own limited funds (I'm poor because I've never been greedy about money, I only have enough to live a simple life and nothing more than that). I've always been surprised at people sending money to streamers so freely and casually, but everybody has their own views on money and its value, and how willing they are to share what they've accumulated.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Wow, this was shocking to learn how little they earn for the hours and effort that goes into streaming and interacting with fans. Make you want to really follow the money / reason behind streaming. Do they funnel money into the affiliate marketing and products that they sell, is it all ego, or trying to get discovered?

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Good thread, news about events of this nature should be widespread.
Just change your passwords and hope for the best!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Wow, this was shocking to learn how little they earn for the hours and effort that goes into streaming and interacting with fans. Make you want to really follow the money / reason behind streaming. Do they funnel money into the affiliate marketing and products that they sell, is it all ego, or trying to get discovered?

Could be all of the above...I honestly have no idea how the Twitch platform works. Maybe someone who knows a little more of the ins and outs would be able to explain that.

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
techspot - https://www.techspot.com/news/91602...ywFau7LnC_RPzwzAgMSF2DhmQ7j13JsL6exNa6k7J9BRw

A hacker appears to have leaked the entirety of livestreaming service Twitch, from the source code and user payouts to encrypted passwords. It's recommended that all users change their passwords, enable two-factor authentication, and reset their stream key.

If you have a Twitch account please, please, please do this immediately if you haven't already -even if you changed your password:

https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/two-factor-authentication?language=en_US

A

AlabamaCam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These breaches have become a problem. Maybe I should look into hacking obv easier than initially thought.

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

My understanding is that Twitch represents one of many revenue streams for content creators. For the 1% of streamers making a decent living off Twitch they're probably reposting/repurposing on other platforms like Youtube, IG, Tik Tok, etc. There's also a lot of sponsorship for streamers to play early launch titles as a form of promotion, for instance I'm sure there are plenty of top 20-30 variety streamers getting paid a ton to stream New Worlds this week.

It would be interesting to see a total income statement for these streamers, versus just their Twitch revenue.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks, I was wondering what was up with Twitch and disconnecting all platform connections (clearly a security measure to get all users to reconnect).

On the annoyance side, now I need to change passwords again (sigh).

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Oh dear...

Always had a nightmare trying to logout or access any kind of settings on Twitch via their mobile platform- it's not exactly the most user friendly thingie of all time in that regard!

Thankfully, like Zorba, I have only ever purchased subscriptions by transferring funds from Stars and then getting gifted.

No bank details connected to my account! :)

Might attempt to change passwords but have hardly been on Twitch for quite some time anyway, not really bothered... :dontknow:

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the problem is of course a little exaggerated, the most important thing is to change the password, especially for popular streamers

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My understanding is that Twitch represents one of many revenue streams for content creators. For the 1% of streamers making a decent living off Twitch they're probably reposting/repurposing on other platforms like Youtube, IG, Tik Tok, etc. There's also a lot of sponsorship for streamers to play early launch titles as a form of promotion, for instance I'm sure there are plenty of top 20-30 variety streamers getting paid a ton to stream New Worlds this week.

It would be interesting to see a total income statement for these streamers, versus just their Twitch revenue.

That is what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation.

samersv

samersv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Twitch is really falling apart right now. First the hate raids and now this. Twitch gonna be pretty busy with this one

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Was annoying, changed password, forgot password lol