Alex Theologis Addresses WSOP 2022 Main Event Champ Espen Jorstad

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
A private dispute between professional poker player and coach, Alex Theologis and Espen Jostad. The dispute was made public by Jorstad, and concerned an alleged swap in the wsop Main Event worth $300,000. Jorstad won the WSOP bracelet and, with it, $10 million.

Theologis believes he’s owed 3% of Jorstad’s prize money. The world champion disagrees and made it clear in a Twitter post on Monday. After hundreds of comments, Theologis finally responded with his take on the situation.

Alex Theologis Addresses Espen Jorstad and $300K Swap

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While I understand why professional swap out parts of themself s with others, this is why I would not really want to do it. WIthout any documentation there is really no proof. Jorstads mentioned he messages the person who he swaps with and says he did not with Alex leads me to belive him as Alex did not have a message to prove it. I could see how easy it could be a mis understanding where someome thinks they do have a swap and the other does not. thankfully there seems to be no ill will by both players.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
None of us knows what really happened. Both parties really should know better how to handle these things to avoid any issues. After laying blame the damage is already done and no-one really cares about the truth after that.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
While I understand why professional swap out parts of themself s with others, this is why I would not really want to do it. WIthout any documentation there is really no proof. Jorstads mentioned he messages the person who he swaps with and says he did not with Alex leads me to belive him as Alex did not have a message to prove it. I could see how easy it could be a mis understanding where someome thinks they do have a swap and the other does not. thankfully there seems to be no ill will by both players.
I completely agree. If there is no written communication or documentation, then how can it be proven that there was in fact a swap out. I'm glad it didn't turn into anything uglier than this.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I completely agree. If there is no written communication or documentation, then how can it be proven that there was in fact a swap out. I'm glad it didn't turn into anything uglier than this.
Further, Espen Jorstad had been completely open about the fact he had swapped and sold pieces immediately after he won the main event. I believe the amount was close to around fifty percent (I know it was higher than I thought it would be) so the idea he would stiff someone over three per cent is dubious. I listened to a breakdown of the matter already, I believe Jorstad and think Theologis got confused with other swaps he had made and admitted he does not keep accurate records.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This Theologis guy lost the benefit of the doubt when he started sending stuff like "I don't know how you can sleep at night" to Espen without any proof

manipulating with emotions to get your victim to pay you is textbook conman stuff

A

Arlene Love

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
None of us knows what really happened. Both parties really should know better how to handle these things to avoid any issues. After laying blame the damage is already done and no-one really cares about the truth after that.

Yeah, I agreed with you.

WSOP