A new poker-related movie to look forward to starring Russell Crowe!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
Russell Crowe is set to star in a new psychological thriller movie called 'Poker Face'.

Even though it’s probably not going to be a hardcore poker movie, exposure of any kind can be positive. If Poker Face gives movie-goers an insight into the game, it could inspire more people to play.

Would this storyline interest you enough to pay to see the movie?

Russell Crowe to Play Billionaire Schemer in Psychological Thriller ‘Poker Face’

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
It's always interesting seeing how the average person views how poker strategy works, especially compared to the way the game has evolved in the past 20 years. I suspect any reference to how the game's actually played will be closer to Rounders than Molly's Game for accuracy based on the plot description.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
I would rather see someone else than Russell Crowe in this movie. I have a hard time imagining him as a 'victim'.
I liked his performance in The Loudest Voice, but I'm still haunted by the memory when I heard him 'sing' in Les Miserables.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Total posts
Awards
I think that the actor Russell Crowe should make an interesting movie. The release of the film will definitely attract new poker players, but how many of them will remain playing on an ongoing basis, I think that a couple of thousand can not be enough, because now it is difficult to start playing, there are a lot of good players. You can pay for a good film. The main question here is how much it will cost, if it's expensive, then we'll wait for the pirated version of the film :). In any case, we will look forward to the release of the film!

spectralwave

spectralwave

Rock Star
Total posts
lets go russell crowe
Crowe plays a tech billionaire named Jake, who gets involved in an extremely high stakes poker game. In the film, Jake gathers his childhood friends at his Miami mansion in the guise of a high-stakes poker game - but it is much more than that. These friends have a love-hate relationship with the host, a master game player / planner, and he has devised an elaborate scheme to bring a certain justice to all of them, ”says a line in the film's description, as relayed by Deadline. “However, Jake finds himself rethinking his strategy when his Miami mansion is invaded by a dangerous invader, whose previous work ended in murder and arson.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Not sure about this one. I agree, anything to promote poker but...

The plot seems to be a weird contrivance to bring people together and put them under a trying circumstance. Why poker? Why not a simple birthday party.

Maybe the script and plot twists do not translate in a simple outline...but most movies depend of a simple outline to grab interest.