56 ClubWPT qualifiers have a chance to make history WPT history!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Newbies, seniors and poker fans from across the USA will be looking forward to the 2022 WPT World Championships courtesy of ClubWPT. The final qualifier was announced on November 13 and the 56th player has booked their flight to Las Vegas. Twenty-seven of those who won a ClubWPT passport have a ticket to play the $10,400 World Championship. WPT has pledged to make the 20th Anniversary World Championship the biggest and best ever!

More details can be read in the article linked here >>> 56 ClubWPT Qualifiers Earn Shot at Greatness with WPT World Championship Passport

wpt_wc_passport_w_cup-720x405_v1.jpg

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hello @Shells .
I really enjoy watching such events, especially at the final tables. There is something to learn)

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Newbies, seniors and poker fans from across the USA will be looking forward to the 2022 WPT World Championships courtesy of ClubWPT. The final qualifier was announced on November 13 and the 56th player has booked their flight to Las Vegas. Twenty-seven of those who won a ClubWPT passport have a ticket to play the $10,400 World Championship. WPT has pledged to make the 20th Anniversary World Championship the biggest and best ever!

More details can be read in the article linked here >>> 56 ClubWPT Qualifiers Earn Shot at Greatness with WPT World Championship Passport

wpt_wc_passport_w_cup-720x405_v1.jpg
I never understood how they can call it World Championship if online qualifier are exclusively for Americans.
Sure you can fly there and buy in directly but few people have that option, thus the majority of the field are Americans.
In my opinion completely inaccurate title

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's true that the ClubWPT is not open to everyone but the WPT Championships are trying to attract worldwide and WPT does offer tournaments worldwide.

I wonder from time to time about the same, in regards to American events being labelled as World Championships for other things like American football, baseball and basketball, although they do have one Canadian team in the mix for the latter two. World Champions or Championships just make the event sound that much more appealing, in my opinion.