Is $250 Million in poker earnings out of reach? Bryn Kenney says not!

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bryn Kenney he already have $55.millions, first to $250 million? himself :D

YungWan

YungWan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats to Bryn Kenney for all of his success. I did catch the Triton broadcast where he was featured a lot. Always been a favorite of mine for his laid back attitude!! :D:icon_thum

I do hope he reaches that $250M mark someday!!

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is subjective on two levels. One, he must be talking about gross not net. Two, he didn't give a time frame so grossing $10M over 20 years would be possible given all of the SHRs.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't know who will be the first to get there , but I congratulate Kenney for becoming the all time leading money winner in tournament poker , I wish him to succeed in everything he wishes for :) For real whoever reaches $250 million it would be awesome achievement :)

S

sponsor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SO with $55 Mill , hes got to increase his lifetime earnings fourfold.......Has he really got that many more years to play? Till 70..80 plus??

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
SO with $55 Mill , hes got to increase his lifetime earnings fourfold.......Has he really got that many more years to play? Till 70..80 plus??

To me, it looks like Bryn might have suggested some of the high-end tournaments are looking to bigger buy-ins (similar to the Big One for One Drop) and based on that or the potential of more tournaments in that price range, he was thinking $250 Million might not be out of reach for some.

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yah Sounds Amazing. Great Job Bryn. Keep rolling all the way to 250million. Ofcourse he can make it. Good Luck at The Tables.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When some of these high roller events offer prizes of 10-23 million over the course of a career 250 million seems realistic. Obviously it’s not gonna be easy against the best in the world but not impossible. Especially if they raise the stakes in the future. Playing good and running good simultaneously is key. Thus far Kenney has been able to run really well. That is the key. Being on the good side of those flips (like he has many times) time and time again is not easy. Although the earnings may say 50 plus million now, we all know with staking and buy ins that is not profit. Winning 250 million is only nice if you don’t spend 300 million to do it.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only way some one is going to get there is prize money has to increase.

I

IRONMAN3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
omg 250M in earnings???!!! jeez thats insane i mean i dont know how much a person could like the game that much. coz to make that amount of money u should be playing your hole life and if i could have 5% of those 50m that he has i would just go recreational and live more my life, travel a lot like a lot a lot

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is fully possible with the advent of such large tournaments as Triton Million. We do not know what tournaments can be created in the future.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Its possible but I do not think as probable as some apparently do.

First, Bryn is a great player but brags a lot (in a charming way) and often overstates things.

Secondly, just because the Triton series was formed (to essentially indulge a group of extremely affluent Malay/Chinese in tourney play), does not mean other unknown parties will spring into this segment and create further tournaments and even greater prize pools. There is a chance that a few Asian Billionaires supporting Triton in this manner is 'peak' poker

Think back to the Big One for One Drop - after a very big splash that became something a a stuttering event.

I think the Triton guys are here to stay but I do not necessarily see this type of tournament expanding too much more.

K

KuprinMA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bryn Kenney one of the strongest players in the world

P

paulyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are his total buyins? Also how much percentage of himself did he have of himself?

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What are his total buyins? Also how much percentage of himself did he have of himself?

Funny you ask this because there is a row going on right now between Sean Deeb and various other players regarding Bryn Kenney being financially responsible or not. Kenny basically admitted to Joey Ingram he was in a weak financial situation at the start of the year but believed he would win the Triton 1M buy-in. So he took the largest percentage of himself and also numerous side bets he would win the key event.

Deeb tweeted it was irresponsible. If Kenny had not performed well he would have been unable to pay off the bets etc.. He had a point, but did not need to state as much publicly. As Deeb can be quite acid, people sprang to Kenny's defense saying, he does not have a reputation for stiffing people. Fair enough...but I did notice no one offered any thoughts on what would have happened if Kenny had failed.

Regards the total buy-ins, it's all murky as few honestly fess up regarding staking and pieces they exchange. Several players have discussed winning multi-millions yet not really making any gains as they spent multi-millions for buy-ins (spent being a debatable term as most are talking about their backer's money).

My guess would be at this stratospheric level of poker the players are like a slice of life. Some like Kenney will have wild swings financially, others will have good and bad years. Then a few (the minority) will be astute managers of their own situation- their bankroll, their commitment (or not) to high roller buy-ins and investing their winnings.

As regards the Bryn Kenney 'claim' regarding a quarter of a billion in winnings which kicked off this thread, as I said already, I suppose it might happen, but I think it unlikely. The Triton crew are long established friends, Chinese/ Malay billionaires, who want to play high stakes and establish a high profile to go with it.

I don't see any similar group emerging in the immediate future.

Last edited:
n1ckoftime

n1ckoftime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If Bryn Kenny says its attainable then im inclined to agree with him. Loved hearing what he had to say about the game when he was on Joey Ingram's podcast.

Timmi1015

Timmi1015

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If a person sets himself such a goal, then he is likely to achieve it.:rolleyes:

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like the thought somebody gave, that it would be a bummer to spend 300 million to wi.n that 250 million.

Also, since he won 20.5 million 8n one tourney, he only needs to do that 10 times in his remaining lifetime to hit the 250 million mark.