2021 WSOP is scheduled to play out!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes, there will be a 2021 wsop! However, this year the series will not be held over the summer but beginning September 30, 2021, at the Rio, in Las Vegas.

The pandemic is still an ongoing issue but with COVID-19 vaccinations rolling out all over the world, there is hope that most will be vaccinated and everything will go as planned.

Are you planning to attend?

It’s Official, There Will Be a 2021 World Series of Poker

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm undecided. I really like the WSOP experience, but I think it might be too soon for me. The main thing that worries me is that it attracts an international crowd which could bring in other virus variants that we aren't ready for.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am actually planning for the trip to the WSOP this year. Will I make it is more the question at this time but there is a good chance I will be going this year. Getting my shot today so I would be safe we hope.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I certainly won’t be attending...way out of my price range but I do hope it will go ahead live. The US is pretty far ahead of us (canada) in vaccinations so think they could do it. I wonder if they will require proof of vaccination to be able to play, especially if player from another country. And will masks be required? I can see this as a benefit anyways for hiding tells.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Great news is this, unfortunately this year I will not be able to attend, but obviously I will be watching and observing them and get the most out of it. Luckily there are social networks so look at them and learn from the great players. The United States is well ahead of us (argentina). I imagine the protocols that they will implement so that the WSOP 2021 is a great success and everything is carried out to perfection. !!

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'll be getting my 2nd shot in about 9 days. That will give me plenty of time to be immune to this BS. I would love to play there again. Depending on the schedule, there is a decent chance I'll be there. I do have a vacation planned for October so..........
Let's see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hopefully by then there won't be any masks and plexiglass. The plexiglass makes it hard to see what's going on. The masks get very sweaty after all day. Right now all the tables in LV have masks and plexiglass.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I certainly won’t be attending...way out of my price range but I do hope it will go ahead live. The US is pretty far ahead of us (Canada) in vaccinations so think they could do it. I wonder if they will require proof of vaccination to be able to play, especially if player from another country. And will masks be required? I can see this as a benefit anyways for hiding tells.

You can play in events for as little as $400. If you win you get a bracelet!!! I'm planning to play in the Seniors event which will be about that much.

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wonder if they would still run it if international travel is still blocked from countries with slower vaccine roll outs. I couldn't imagine Canada reopening air travel by September at it's current rate.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Personally, it seems that poker players within the USA may be the target group since they probably make up the majority of the series entries. And with that, I wonder if the numbers would be as high as other years. I'm not sure what the vaccine status is in other countries, but know the vaccine rollout is slow here in Canada, therefore it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of folks here would be staying home this year.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can play in events for as little as $400. If you win you get a bracelet!!! I'm planning to play in the Seniors event which will be about that much.

True but the airfare from Newfoundland Canada would be more than that plus hotel stays, etc. Maybe some year I’ll make a vacation out of it but certainly not until pandemic is over. Best of luck to all who play.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Seniors (50+) and Super Seniors (60+) are usually $1000 buy-in events. The Colossus, which Cardschat has sent a team in past years, is a $400 buy-in.

T

TheDarkShadow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course I am in! Also I have a question. Why did WSOP Leaving ESPN? What is going on?

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It seems to me a very risky decision taking into account the number of cases of covid-19 in the United States. Although if played I am sure that the entry in the main event will break the record

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Nice it's back . Poker players anticipate it , especially the pros :) Hopefully everything will be back to normality , WSOP and all live tournaments worldwide

WSOP