2018 and the year in poker for Women

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It’s no secret that poker has long had a problem attracting women to the felt. 2018 marked the year women addressed imbalances related to poker and with hopes of making the game more hospitable to female players.

Here's hoping more women will find their way to the live or virtual felt!

Advocacy for Women in Poker Rose to New Heights in 2018

John_3_16

John_3_16

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never had a bad experience playing poker with the ladies...

Women in poker. Absolutely no reason to oppose this or the opportunities provided to allow some comfort for those who are timid around open events.

I have seen moronic behavior by guys thinking irritation of any kind is fair poker strategy. For me & several others at the table, his broken bones & slow demise were options we quietly considered. I laid in the weeds as he went all in several times with weak hands & was not called. Eventually, he screamed & went all in. I called with KK. I took all of his chips.:ciao: He screamed again & threw cards in the air. Security then removed him.:icon_porc

This is a tough situation for even experienced players of any sex. Fact: women are less intimidated by other women. Let them play, become experienced & relaxed. Then face them in open poker games.

Too many animals in the world now without self-respect or respect for anyone or anything. Political correctness has empowered them. Death or life in prison would seem to be the only things changing them. The world is what it is. Our politicians prove every day how unfair the world is. Still a lot of dog-eat-dog even in so-called civilized society.

I only have one vote & one voice. I give both to the ladies. ;) :)

God bless. :D :cool:

womenleadis

womenleadis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice

Happy New Year

It's nice when a girl is sitting at the table. very few of them. You might think that they play poorly - not always so. I saw a video on YouTube playing Liv Boeree. Here is a beauty.

By the way offline, she won more than $ 2,500,000. life is a success !!!:rolleyes:

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I read this article and I am still shocked, that there are still so few women in poker.
I hardly can believe it, honestly, altough I am a woman by myself.
I would believe easily when these numbers were from 15 - 20 years ago, but still? :O

Maybe, I take many things too much granted, because I am settled in a typical men's job and I do not know it different. I always was used to work with men also in my former job. And I love it and like it. Computer science is usually not the field, where girls run on it to learn it, But even here we do advertising to attract young girls. Even when I was studying, there were more women in my course, than the numbers of female poker players, who was mentioned in this article... It is really shocking...

A

animalitymk3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope more women play poker. It sure makes the game a lot more enjoyable. I like sitting down and playing live with attractive women. Usually, the more attractive they are, the worse they are though from what I've seen. Good luck for women this 2019 year.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I hope more women play poker. It sure makes the game a lot more enjoyable. I like sitting down and playing live with attractive women. Usually, the more attractive they are, the worse they are though from what I've seen. Good luck for women this 2019 year.
Yes I've never seen a good looking guy win at poker either :rolleyes: