When BTC Deposit fail to reach its destination

D

Dagoutae

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is a brief guide to start:
  1. Check the transaction in your wallet - if it was a smart exchange, it will be marked.
  2. Check the destination wallet address in both chains. Use any blockchain explorer. Find the destination address there.
  3. You will probably see that the amount you’ve sent is there - now let’s retrieve it.
  4. You need to understand who has access to this address. The answer is simple: someone who has the access to the similar address in the destination network also has the access to this address. Usually, it’s a wallet or an exchange provider.
  5. If your wallet provides you with a private/public key pair, you can access your funds yourself. If you are using a hosted wallet, you need to contact its support.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Very nice tips I am sure it will be useful for someone who is having issues.
Luckily for me I have never had any such issues with using Crypto.
  1. Check the transaction in your wallet - if it was a smart exchange, it will be marked.
  2. Check the destination wallet address in both chains. Use any blockchain explorer. Find the destination address there.
  3. You will probably see that the amount you’ve sent is there - now let’s retrieve it.
  4. You need to understand who has access to this address. The answer is simple: someone who has the access to the similar address in the destination network also has the access to this address. Usually, it’s a wallet or an exchange provider.
  5. If your wallet provides you with a private/public key pair, you can access your funds yourself. If you are using a hosted wallet, you need to contact its support.

EllyWriter

EllyWriter

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have this problem, I have crypro sent that never reached its destination. when I search it on blockchain i see it and it still shows unspent. this has been a couple years. but it is still there.

Attachments

• screenshot-live.blockcypher.com-2019.12.jpg
    screenshot-live.blockcypher.com-2019.12.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 13