Screwed by Neteller

Alon Ipser

Alon Ipser

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all, it's been a while since I posted. I have been here a couple of times lurking. Haven't been playing at all but the reason I am posting is I am having problems with neteller. I tried to withdraw the last of my money on January 16th. The withdrawl is still pending. This is not money that I deposited from a poker site but from my bank account and I was just trying to get it back. I emailed them in early Feb. and they said because of the recent turmoil they couldn't tell how long it would take but 6 weeks is ridiculous. Now they dont even answer my emails. I want to cancel the transaction and try something else but I don't even have that option. It is stuck in pending limbo. So I figured the least I could do if they want to keep my money is bad mouth them. Hope everyone else is good and having fun. I sure miss it here.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aww - we miss you too.

A lot of people seem to have money tied up with Neteller right now - hope it all works out in time.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All isn't lost yet Alon. Remember, all good things come to those who wait. I would contact them every now and then to let them know you are not going away.

Welly

Welly

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Isaac Haxton has $800k stuck in his Neteller. I know your's will probably be slightly more Alon, so I simpathize.

He's getting the lawyers onto it.

I think its a question of holding out though...probably a few months :(

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Alon, just FYI (before you bother trying something else)...NeTeller has currently stopped processing ALL transactions to US players. No EFTs, no checks, nothing. And all peer to peer transactions for US players have been stopped too. And they won't change your home address to another country right now either (er, uh, so I've heard ;)).

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Umm, One thing that people don't seem to understand is it's not Neteller that's holding up the money. It's the US government. They have froozen 60 million dollars in assets on neteller suposedly to safeguard the money. That is why you can't get the money from neteller.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just who I want guarding my money!

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Umm, One thing that people don't seem to understand is it's not Neteller that's holding up the money. It's the US government. They have froozen 60 million dollars in assets on neteller suposedly to safeguard the money. That is why you can't get the money from neteller.
True, some of fund's secured by NeTeller are frozen, but not all funds are. And whether the funds are frozen or not, NeTeller is cooperating with this silly gov't interaction and have purposely stopped processing all US requests in any way.

Alon Ipser

Alon Ipser

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its a question of holding out though...probably a few months :(

I think it will drag out until the Treasury Dept comes out with their recommendations at which time someone else will claim my money or Neteller just keeps it claiming legalities.

AnnoDomino

AnnoDomino

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
alon

up until now i thought the neteller problem of being unable to withdraw funds was confined to the US players

you're canadian, right?

are any other non-US players unable to withdraw? or are things OK?

has anyone out there actually withdrawn recently?

AD

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
up until now i thought the neteller problem of being unable to withdraw funds was confined to the US players

you're canadian, right?
Is Alon Canadian? I thought he lives in the US. Guess I don't know for sure. Could he be Canadian and living in the US? If so then the US laws would apply to his account.

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it will drag out until the Treasury Dept comes out with their recommendations at which time someone else will claim my money or Neteller just keeps it claiming legalities.
Alon when you go to the neteller page and log in see if it says your Certified or Un Certified,, they Un certified all us people so we cant make and P2P transactions,, >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> buck

S

Sbjr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Us Americans have more than $55M with Neteller, so they have a majority of our money sitting in their accounts. They are just holding it for ransom against the government. It is a smart play on their part, but it sucks for us to have our money locked there.

Alon Ipser

Alon Ipser

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is Alon Canadian? I thought he lives in the US. Guess I don't know for sure. Could he be Canadian and living in the US? If so then the US laws would apply to his account.

I live in Washington State where it is not only illegal to play poker online, it is a felony. I just dream of tax free winnings and legal poker play like in canada. I guess I shouldn't complain, I can wager on horse racing online legally. :stupid:

Poker Tells