Question regarding Skrill and Neteller withdrawal fees

J

JEN005

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first question is, what sort of fees do you face when withdrawing from Skrill/Neteller to your bank account? How does that fair in % of the withdrawn amount for $100 and $1000?

So I made my first withdrawal from GGPoker to skrill ($699), and then from Skrill I withdrew to my bank, and I ended up losing ~$62 on fees:

€5.5 fee from Skrill
€22 approx., 3.99% Skrill exchange rate fee
€20.5 correspondent charge (from an intermediary bank)
€5 commission fee from my bank

Skrill charges 7% for withdrawals to visa.

neteller fees for transferring funds to your bank:
$10 Neteller fee
3.99% exchange rage fee (if the currency in Neteller doesn't match your bank account's currency)
(intermediary bank fee ?)

Second question: Let's say I eliminate the Exchange Rate fee by matching currencies, will I still face the Correspondent Charge (intermediary bank fee) for withdrawals to my bank?

I know I should probably get these answers from Skrill/Neteller, and I have already asked (will update), but I wanted to know your experience, or maybe if you know any tricks or workarounds for paying less fees.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
You need to talk to your bank and Skrill.

I pay about $15 usd in total that includes the $6 usd something Skrill fee (5.50 euros) and $8 usd bank fee. My bank does use intermediary banks but I never see any fees incur when I receive or send money.

I am guessing they changed your currency a few times looking at the fees. With regards to your second question it would be determined by what currency your intermediary bank can receive and send to your local bank in. Example your local bank might be able to receive in USD and you send USD via Skrill but the intermediary bank can only receive and send in Euros so your funds have to be exchanged twice.

london177

london177

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!I've talked to my contact from one of the PaySafe Group affiliated partner sites regarding your issue(and I mentioned that you are from Albania).In brief,when you make a withdrawal,correspondent bank fees and charges are not public and cannot be calculated in advance,and and no one .. neither Skrill nor your bank will guide you or warn you about it.In fact, it comes down to luck, whether the commission will be charged or not.Also she said that previously there was no correspondent commission(or very rarely),but now - very often, almost always. And zero conversion(exchange) fees won't help here,correspondent bank charges are still possible.You have to use BTC,bro=)Players from non-SEPA countries have to pay too many fees using Skrill.

Last edited:
infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My accounts on these two payment systems are fully verified and I do not have such crazy commissions. But still, when withdrawing funds, I prefer to use a bitcoin wallet.

J

JEN005

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!I've talked to my contact from one of the PaySafe Group affiliated partner sites regarding your issue(and I mentioned that you are from Albania).In brief,when you make a withdrawal,correspondent bank fees and charges are not public and cannot be calculated in advance,and and no one .. neither Skrill nor your bank will guide you or warn you about it.In fact, it comes down to luck, whether the commission will be charged or not.Also she said that previously there was no correspondent commission(or very rarely),but now - very often, almost always. And zero conversion(exchange) fees won't help here,correspondent bank charges are still possible.You have to use BTC,bro=)Players from non-SEPA countries have to pay too many fees using Skrill.

Thanks a lot for the info and suggestion!

Poker Tells