dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can someone close this thread?

2007 info is most likely outdated?

Rather than closing this thread, Post #1 should probably be edited to inform members/ visitors to check the most recent dated posts for current info. This thread would only be replaced almost immediately with a similar one. When I used this option, I purchased mine at the checkout counter of either Ralph's or Von's. Two name brand supermarkets in California. They were hanging above the magazines or candy counters you find as you stand in line to pay for your groceries.

FlowJoe

FlowJoe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You MUST use an ALL ACCESS GIFT to insure that ALL gambling sites will accept. IT MUST SAY "" ALL ACCESS"" on the card. You may get varying results with all others but these will work 999,999 out of 1,000,000 times.
Peace,
FLOW

popo12

popo12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried reloadable prepaid Mastercard

It worked on ultimate bet but it didn't work on fulltilt. You have to order them..it takes a week to get it...but the reloadable thing is useful for those who want to set a limit.

H

HNRocketS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im depositing it on full tilt later tonight. $50 and are their any other first time deposit bounuses that they offer!?!!

S

snoopy1dan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
this is a good post I have always used this method to deposit, and they are very easy to reload also

R

rufzilla

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just deposited $100 from a visa gift card from giftcardmall which i got from a grocery store. I put it on ftp last nite and started playing right away

onebourbon

onebourbon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Canadian VISA Pre-Paid Gift cards will NOT work on any internet gambling sites. I bought one from RBC Royal Bank canada for $35 (approx. $25 US) in hopes of using it to deposit on Carbon Poker in order make a withdrawal as per site rules and it was a no go. I read the fine print on the documentation I received with the card and sure enough....lol Not allowed for use on internet gambling sites...Grrrrrr....the dang thing cost $4 in fees to purchase - so now somebody is getting a $35 VISA gift card for their birthday....lol

Carbon support must have been sympathetic to my withdrawal plight after a few emails they went ahead and processed the withdrawal without having to deposit...now lets see how long it takes to get the cheque here....lol

G

gn2056

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IF your going to go that route dont get mastercard, although master card debits are working again on some sites. bodog you can use pretty much all of the visa cards including the gift2go.net. I have heard green dot works, and I know first hand the allacess and gift2go.net work. Two reasons they dont work sometimes is that people dont wait the hour or so to make sure there card is activated, and second you need to register your card online before using it or it will likely get declined.

chrisottawa

chrisottawa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Canadian VISA Pre-Paid Gift cards will NOT work on any internet gambling sites. I bought one from RBC Royal Bank Canada for $35 (approx. $25 US) in hopes of using it to deposit on Carbon Poker in order make a withdrawal as per site rules and it was a no go. I read the fine print on the documentation I received with the card and sure enough....lol Not allowed for use on internet gambling sites...Grrrrrr....the dang thing cost $4 in fees to purchase - so now somebody is getting a $35 VISA gift card for their birthday....lol

Carbon support must have been sympathetic to my withdrawal plight after a few emails they went ahead and processed the withdrawal without having to deposit...now lets see how long it takes to get the cheque here....lol

I just sent stars an email to see what they say about the pre-paid cards. I will post up what they say when i get the reply. if the Visa can't be used then i wonder if MC has one that will?

chrisottawa

chrisottawa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so for us in Canada here is the reply i got from Stars :)

Hello Chris,

Yes, you will definitely be able to use a prepaid card to make your deposit on PokerStars. However, please note that not all prepaid cards will work. Let me please recommend two of the cards that we know are currently working fine for deposits.

One such card available in Canada is the "Vanilla" pre-paid card.

This card can be purchased in the following locations:
7-Eleven, Avondale, Couche-Tard, Irving Oil, Home Hardware, National MoneyMart, Shell, Wilson Fuel, Quickie, American Greetings (Carlton), Jean Coutu, Shoppers, Wireless Wave. Please call the store before going, to ensure that they have Vanilla cards available.

There is no charge for purchases made with the gift cards, but they have some fees you may need to consider for balances remaining and others. To find out more about this type of card please visit:

https://www.vanillamastercard.com/home.html

Another option you may want to consider is the "Next Wave Titanium Plus" re-loadable card available from Money Mart. These cards need to be loaded prior to use and fees do apply. You can find the closest location to buy them at http://www.moneymart.ca/find_stores.asp

Please keep in mind that in order to use either of these cards for online purchases they require activation, which can be done at the store.

As we have no agreements with the financial institution that issue either of these cards, we cannot guarantee that they will continue working indefinitely. Such companies can implement restrictions for on-line gaming transactions without notice.

If you use either of these cards to make a deposit at PokerStars you will be able to withdraw funds through a Cashier's Check which will be sent according to your instructions.

To read more about any of our official deposit options please visit:
http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/real-money/

Chris, remember you are entitled to our first deposit bonus of 100% up to $50 (code: STARS50), which will be released into your account once you have earned the required amount of Base FPPs (Frequent Player Points). For more information on this bonus please visit:

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/bonus/first-time-deposit-100/

Deposit related assistance is available 24/7. For further help please e-mail dad@pokerstars.com you can also send us your phone number and an appropriate time to call if you prefer a phone call. Please include in the subject line 'phone request', so that we can contact you quicker.

Thank you for choosing PokerStars.

Regards,

KerstinG
PokerStars Deposit Assistance Team

C

Cabbie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
GreenDot

Today I'm looking to get a prepaid greendot card. Are they still accepting them at ftp from USA players?

Joe

D

dandelos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So the All-Access Visa (non-reloadable) cards are still working, yes? I want to use them on UltimateBet.

T

TheDude

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always use greendot prepaid visa. Have been using them for years. I haven't tried any direct to site deposits in a long time, but I did just use it to do a test funding of my new Pic-Club account, it worked fine a couple of days ago.

Last edited:
R

rzrbck1968

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MIO card

i have a prepaid MIO Mastercard and haveing trouble depositing with it. every time i try to deposit with it it does not go through and when i try to use it again it is canceled so i have to call the company and explain to them what happened and wait for 2 or 3 days for it to be turned back on.

D

Dueceduece

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The best preapid card that I have found for making deposits is the Futura Mastercard. They sell em at the store by my apartment for 6.95 and they work instantly. They also seem to be available online @ www.futuracards.com. I've used them on a handful of different sites and they work great.

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what if there's nowhere near you to purchase one?
how long will this go on!! :( :confused:

D

dandelos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
what if there's nowhere near you to purchase one?
how long will this go on!! :( :confused:

Hmmm...a few weeks ago I went to 2 Albertsons looking for the Visa All-Access gift cards but they weren't selling them. Not sure if they've stopped, but since then I've also discovered the more convenient method (and no additional fees either) of depositing via eChecks.

undone

undone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
normally they have them at any mall.... if not there u can goto simons gift cards online and they will let u buy one online... that would work!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've used both VisaGiftCard & MasterCardGiftCard. For awhile there they worked on both Fulltilt & pokerstars (I think only one of them works now).

I also received some good advice from DoylesRoom LiveChat support when using one of these to deposit on there. Support told me, "When using a GiftCard, deposit an uneven amount "- ie. deposit $49.53 as opposed to an even $50 as some of the banking institutions will put blocks on the GiftCards when they're used for online purchases of an 'exact/even' amount (which is mostly for online gaming sites). This has worked for me every time!

These cards are very easy to use. I would've gone this way when I first deposited on eppassporte as opposed to using my reg. credit card (I hate putting anything out there online). They are easy, fast & safe (fairly cheap also).

Insanity

Insanity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is some very helpful informantion. Thanks for the names of places and for letting us know your outcome. I am going to check out these cards. Thanks again.

D

dash

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm...a few weeks ago I went to 2 Albertsons looking for the Visa All-Access gift cards but they weren't selling them. Not sure if they've stopped, but since then I've also discovered the more convenient method (and no additional fees either) of depositing via eChecks.

These are not usually sold at grocery stores. They are sold at check cashing places.

D

dandelos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
These are not usually sold at grocery stores. They are sold at check cashing places.

They were up until my last visit that I mentioned. I had bought 3 $100 cards three times from different Albertson's previously. But in any case, eChecks works just great for me now.

D

dash

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Must be a state-by-state thing. Never noticed allaccess at Albertson's andI've shopped there for a long time.

The allaccess online search engine lists checking cashing places.

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you need a credit card to buy them?