MyWebATM - New Depositing method?

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I received an email from Full Tilt earlier promoting a new way of depositing & withdrawing -
Read on :cool:

We are pleased to announce the addition of MyWebATM, a brand new deposit option which provides a fast and easy method to fund your Full Tilt Poker account using your personal bank account.
Once you have funded your MyWebATM account through their secure Web interface, you can access your funds online at Full Tilt Poker or at thousands of stores and ATMs worldwide.
We have worked to deliver this deposit option as quickly as possible, and are confident that MyWebATM provides the convenience our players expect and deserve. Withdrawals through MyWebATM will also be fast, easy and secure, and will also be available within the next few days.
We apologize for any inconvenience you have recently experienced, and want you to know that:
  • Your money is completely safe and secure - Any money you have in your Full Tilt Poker account remains completely accessible.
  • We're adding even more new payment processors who are committed to the U.S. market - We are establishing relationships with a variety of companies who will offer even more convenient ways for you to deposit and withdraw funds from the site.
  • Our processing speeds will return to normal - As we continue to add new payment options, all withdrawals will again be processed within our normal time frame of 48 hours or less.
Will have to wait and see if any others take this up

Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
Good job by fulltilt to continue working on more solutions to offer their players!

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yup i got the same email from FT,,, there gonna figure something out, they dont want to lose money,, looking better for us USA players>buck

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please keep in mind though that even though an online site like FT has partnered with a new "e-wallet" doesn't necessarily mean that the e-wallet is going to have good customer service or anything like that.

It's great to have another option, but until some people try it out, just be a bit cautious.

Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
Well I would expect FT to do in-depth research of this company, to ensure they're trustworthy, secure and capable of processing a decent volume of transactions. After all, the last thing they want to do right now is to frustrate customers even more.

Wonka22

Wonka22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The good news is that we have this forum, if that service isn't a great service we are gall going to know within a couple weeks!!

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I would expect FT to do in-depth research of this company, to ensure they're trustworthy, secure and capable of processing a decent volume of transactions. After all, the last thing they want to do right now is to frustrate customers even more.

Very true but even companies like Full Tilt will get burned too. I'll probably limit myself to minimum transactions until they earn my complete trust.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will give it a go on FT and let you know how it works out.

claeyssen

claeyssen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice

its nice to see us players will have some options

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This sounds like the way to go. The clincher would have to be its availability at other poker sites and its ease of P2P transfers. The article mentions ATM's (thousands worlwide). I assume this includes the US. I don't recall ever seeing one. Why wouldn't the same restrictions apply to it that apply to neteller?

TrentsMomm

TrentsMomm

Hidin' Out
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got the e-mail from Full Tilt too! I will wait until someone says it really works before I try it. I REALLY hope it does. I just hope we will be able to find a way to deposit into pokerstars too!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay here is the scoop so far on WebATM -

I signed up for an account - be prepared to have to give SS#, address, bank acct info, etc. It should be safe - I trust that FT checked them out thoroughly. I work in credit card fraud - if I am not chicken then neither should you be lol.

They use IDEA for identity authentication. It pulls info from your credit bureau - mortgage car loan, etc. Not great for them since anyone can access your cb info - but easy enough for you.

Of course I passed and gave them all of my checking acct info. My acct was successfully opened. Like Neteller they will make a small deposit within 3 days which I will have to verify.

Next I had to choose my deposit amount. I have some money in FT - really just testing this so chose only a $50 deposit which is the minimum. Then I got the bad news.

$50.00 deposit
$9.95 service charge
2.50 processing fee
.32 transaction fee

I am not paying $12.77 to deposit $50.00. So I changed it to $150 - all of the fees remain the same. I am still not happy with the fees - Neteller was always completely free.

I doubt I will use it again and will continue to look for another deposit method.

Oh yea - will keep you posted on how long it takes for me to be able to access the money and put it in my FT acct.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OMG! That sucks. No friggin way!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh yea - the really bad thing is that in the instructions for using WebAtm provided by FT on their website it shows less than $6 in total fees. $4.95 plus a few cents for each of the other 2. That is very misleading and you don't find our until the end that it is much higher.

TrentsMomm

TrentsMomm

Hidin' Out
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like I won't be trying that one. Thanks for being the guinea pig.

ler

ler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It looked promising, but those fees are a bit too much. Hopefully they will get some feedback about them and adjust them sooner or later.

A

aerisa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another fee is that they charge you $25 to close your account.

Administrative fee to liquidate account $25.00

Linda

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
k

I signed up for this but didnt give my bank info, when I found out the fees I emailed them and told them there is no way I will pay those kinda fees and close my account.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have now received my small deposit and verified it. They said my card would be mailed within a few days.

I have yet to hear from FT support on the complaint I sent to them.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea

I have now received my small deposit and verified it. They said my card would be mailed within a few days.

I have yet to hear from FT support on the complaint I sent to them.

yea when I signed up they said something about a card but I refuse to put my account info in.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well

well I signed up for this and when I get the card I will be loading $500, sure the service charges suck but hey if you are loading a good amount then they are not that bad.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I received my card today. I called to talk to them about the numerous fees listed - they do not take phone calls - you have to leave a message and they will call you back. It has been almost an hour - no call yet.

The automated service did give me my account balance of $150.00 so I tried to make a deposit at FT. It was declined. I tried various other amounts and all of them were declined as well. I called FT and they said Webatm was declining it and I would need to call them. I have a feeling like I will never hear from them.

If I can ever get my money off the card I can close my account for a $25 fee.

If you have half a brain you will not attempt to use Webatm.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay - update on situation. I complained again to FT - they did respond quickly this time - but still referred me to webatm.

I sent another email to webatm. They apologized for all of the fees and said I should not have been charged the $9.95 fee and that they would credit my account. They promised again to forward my issue to tech support.

I finally heard from tech support - they actually called me 2 nights ago. He said my deposit was pending until 2/22. I went in tonight and my balance was $159.95 - so they did credit the $9.95. This time when I tried to put it in FT it worked!

So - my fees actually only ended up being $2.82 which is very reasonable. It was all a big hassle -but I now have the card and can add money anytime. If there is a small fee I am okay with that.

So - in the end they were fair. Maybe with it being such a new company and with so many people trying to use it now they are experiencing delays. But it does appear to be an option if you are patient.