Clearing deposit bonuses

P

papawheely

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all,

I've been looking at making my first deposit at an online poker room (I'm based in the US). Looking at the terms for clearing the first time deposit bonus for sites such as intertops, betonline, and ignition, it seems to me that it's going to take a huge time commitment in order to get the full bonus.

Can anyone give me an idea of the difficulty in clearing these bonuses if i'm making a small deposit (50-100) and playing small stakes? Am I going on a wild goose chase going after these bonuses?

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all,

I've been looking at making my first deposit at an online poker room (I'm based in the US). Looking at the terms for clearing the first time deposit bonus for sites such as intertops, betonline, and ignition, it seems to me that it's going to take a huge time commitment in order to get the full bonus.

Can anyone give me an idea of the difficulty in clearing these bonuses if i'm making a small deposit (50-100) and playing small stakes? Am I going on a wild goose chase going after these bonuses?

I think thats exactly what they want u to do. go wild trying to chase that locked bonus. If you go broke chasing it what are you most likely to do? Let the bonus just go away? If they really wanted u to have that bous it would be MUCH MUCH easier to get it right? I mean who deposits more then 50 at a time anyway? I guess if you got it like that it wouldnt hurt to put more on a site

P

papawheely

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think thats exactly what they want u to do. go wild trying to chase that locked bonus. If you go broke chasing it what are you most likely to do? Let the bonus just go away? If they really wanted u to have that bous it would be MUCH MUCH easier to get it right? I mean who deposits more then 50 at a time anyway? I guess if you got it like that it wouldnt hurt to put more on a site

So, from your personal experience, its a waste of time going after the bonuses?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general its not possible to clear a standard "match the deposit" bonus within 3 month, if you use proper bankroll management. So dont chase after it and just be happy with, what you get. They are typically something like a 20% rake-back in top of, what else is offered. Which is nice, but you still pay 80% of the net rake. So its like trying to become rich by drinking beer and claiming the deposit, when you return the empty bottles to the store.

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That depends on what you play and how good you are.. if you play MTTs there is no chance, if you play cash and you are good you can raise stakes pretty quickly and then it is possible :D

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Those three sites you mentioned give you large bonuses as compared to the rest of sites but they are very hard to clear and then they tie you them meaning you cannot make withdrawal.

I would not take any bonus with these three sites. Best option is to make a deposit without bonus and play micro and freerolls if you want to start small before jumping into the bigger games.

I would suggest if you want to take a bonus do so on America's Card Room. You get more than just a match bonus with them on your first deposit.
You can speak with the rep we have here they can get you started and answer any questions.
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-rooms-10/888-poker-official-support-thread-252119/

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends what games you play and the time you spend playing,but if you clear 25% of the bonus it's a + isn't it ?

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on the deposit and the stakes you are playing. If you play highest stakes you should clear the bonus easily or at least get back a nice rackback. Smaller stakes takes longer but its the right bankroll management

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That depends on what you play and how good you are.. if you play MTTs there is no chance, if you play cash and you are good you can raise stakes pretty quickly and then it is possible :D

I agree. I used to clear bonuses back in the day. I admit it was usually the minimum deposit but clearing them was easily achieved by playing ring-games and s-n-g's. I also agree that it may take some time in front of a computer/tab to reach the bonus. I remember reaching the end of the required rake within hours of expiration back at Doyle's Room. If you play PLO-8 u can acquire them w/minimal damage, quickly, since there are a lot of split pots... if you get into a pinch. I'm talking about a 10-14 hr session 5 days in a row. Lotta coffee that week. :tee:

adriantempo

adriantempo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Have you guys seen the bonus offer of depositing 20$ and get a freeroll ticket "path to sunday million" ?

This was Monday and Tuesday. I deposited 21$ and got nothing. On the web there is no information about this and now the offer disappeared.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I saw part of the details on my Star Rewards page unfortunately could find the code to use or any other information. It is a Pokerschool offer I checked the promotions page on their forum a couple days nothing was posted. I made a withdrawal request yesterday so I am no longer eligible to use the code now anyways.
Have you guys seen the bonus offer of depositing 20$ and get a freeroll ticket "path to sunday million" ?

This was Monday and Tuesday. I deposited 21$ and got nothing. On the web there is no information about this and now the offer disappeared.