ACR Depositing

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am relatively new to ACR and have yet to deposit. I live in the USA. Is it safe to deposit funds using one's credit card? Does ACR run it as a purchase or cash withdrawal? Are there fees associated with the transaction? Thanks

E

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am relatively new to ACR and have yet to deposit. I live in the USA. Is it safe to deposit funds using one's credit card? Does ACR run it as a purchase or cash withdrawal? Are there fees associated with the transaction? Thanks

E
ACR started charging 10% on visa so if you are planning on using that i would not that is too high. The charge is run as a purchase.
It is difficult to find cards that will actually work in my experience. My Visa worked but I stopped using that when the 10% charge started.
Although they accept mastercard mine never worked on site.
Although they accept American Express mine never worked on site.

You can get CashApp and buy bitcoin and deposit that way as well as withdraw. here is a link to Michael Loncar video on twitter using it. It is pretty easy. https://twitter.com/Michael_Loncar/status/1245892761514991621
He sends his from CashApp straight to ACR but I send my bitcoin to blockchain wallet first then to ACR because I don't want CashApp to ban me for sending to a gambling site which might happen.

Last edited:
PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I do not think deposit via Credit Card is an option on ACR for USA players. Most players I speak with uses Bitcoin with something like paypal or cashapp. Hopefully some US member will read your thread and respond there are many of them on the forum.

We have a representative from ACR on Cardschat you can reach out to them via this thread:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-rooms-10/official-acr-thread-217550/

If indeed you have to use Bitcoin this is an informative thread about Bitcoin:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-deposits-withdrawals-54/all-things-cryptocurrency-346783/

E

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think deposit via Credit Card is an option on ACR for USA players. Most players I speak with uses Bitcoin with something like paypal or cashapp. Hopefully some US member will read your thread and respond there are many of them on the forum.

We have a representative from ACR on Cardschat you can reach out to them via this thread:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-rooms-10/official-acr-thread-217550/

If indeed you have to use Bitcoin this is an informative thread about Bitcoin:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-deposits-withdrawals-54/all-things-cryptocurrency-346783/
Thanks for the info. I didn't see the paypal option listed.

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks

ACR started charging 10% on Visa so if you are planning on using that i would not that is too high. The charge is run as a purchase.
It is difficult to find cards that will actually work in my experience. My Visa worked but I stopped using that when the 10% charge started.
Although they accept MasterCard mine never worked on site.
Although they accept American Express mine never worked on site.

You can get CashApp and buy bitcoin and deposit that way as well as withdraw. here is a link to Michael Loncar video on twitter using it. It is pretty easy. https://twitter.com/Michael_Loncar/status/1245892761514991621

He sends his from CashApp straight to ACR but I send my bitcoin to blockchain wallet first then to ACR because I don't want CashApp to ban me for sending to a gambling site which might happen.

This really helps. Best, E

W

WarrenCushing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read somewhere credit cards are mostly not accepted for US players, except prepaid debit cards that are cleared for international transactions.

I am opening a wallet at Coinbase. I think with that I can send and receive bitcoin. I was surprised at how high the fees are for transactions, but I guess paypal fees are similar.

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read somewhere credit cards are mostly not accepted for US players, except prepaid debit cards that are cleared for international transactions.

I am opening a wallet at Coinbase. I think with that I can send and receive bitcoin. I was surprised at how high the fees are for transactions, but I guess paypal fees are similar.

Have you tried the Cash App for buying bitcoin and then using it to deposit at ACR?

W

WarrenCushing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you tried the Cash App for buying bitcoin and then using it to deposit at ACR?

No I have not tried that, it might work very well. I did some reading on bitcoin and it seems Coinbase is well regarded. Also it appears to be a good place to trade Crypto, at times I have thought about buying Ethereum, so it might serve a dual purpose for me.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

No I have not tried that, it might work very well. I did some reading on bitcoin and it seems Coinbase is well regarded. Also it appears to be a good place to trade Crypto, at times I have thought about buying Ethereum, so it might serve a dual purpose for me.
I closed my CoinBase account. CashApp is easier, faster and less expensive. Also CoinBase sets ridiculously low buying limits at least that was my experience. At one point out of the blue they hit me with a $10 a week max buy for some unknown reason, it just appeared random to me. Seriously what exactly was I going to be able to do with $10 in bitcoin? LOL sometimes I would check and it was back up to $500 a week buy, then check a month later and it might be $100 then $10 I have no idea what was driving those buying limits and got no answer from their support. Pretty frustrating if you want to make a $300 deposit for some upcoming tourney series and you log in to CoinBase and you can only but $10 in bitcoin. I have had zero problems with CashApp.

Last edited:
W

WarrenCushing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I closed my CoinBase account. CashApp is easier, faster and less expensive. Also CoinBase sets ridiculously low buying limits at least that was my experience. At one point out of the blue they hit me with a $10 a week max buy for some unknown reason, it just appeared random to me. Seriously what exactly was I going to be able to do with $10 in bitcoin? LOL sometimes I would check and it was back up to $500 a week buy, then check a month later and it might be $100 then $10 I have no idea what was driving those buying limits and got no answer from their support. Pretty frustrating if you want to make a $300 deposit for some upcoming tourney series and you log in to CoinBase and you can only but $10 in bitcoin. I have had zero problems with CashApp.

That is weird. How is the security with CoinApp? Do they offer the two step verification? If you lose your phone can somebody rob you?

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That is weird. How is the security with CoinApp? Do they offer the two step verification? If you lose your phone can somebody rob you?
CashApp has a setting in the App that requires a pin number or biometric confirmation before any transfer or purchase is completed. I use the biometric confirmation (fingerprint.) So as long as you have that set unless someone has your pin or your finger they can't do anything, to turn it off you have to use your pin or biometric so they won't be able to do anything.
If you are not using the App and are signing in from a browser they will always send a code to your email or phone and you must have that code to sign in on a browser. I never leave funds in the app though, I always cash out bitcoin and send to my bank. CashApp does come with a debit card they mail you, but I don't ever use it though, it is just taking up space in my wallet :)

Edit: When signing in from bowser after you enter the code they email or text you, you will be prompted for your pin number as well.

Last edited:
veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
Ecopayz is better for ACR.. lot cheaper

S

sickthis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I tried to use a prepaid card back in December and it got rejected. A few minutes later an acr rep called me and asked if I had a regular credit card I should try that cause prepaid cards rarely get accepted. I tried my regular card and it went through.

C

crazy222

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR having deposit issue right now

I just joined ACR, deposited by bitcoin, but the money is in limbo due to some technical issue they're having. From what others have posted on their facebook page, this has been going on for a few days. There is a place on the screen to use a credit card, but I prefer crypto. I can only advise waiting to deposit until they fix the glitch

A

ALMOSTFAMOUS26

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Cashing out- Check

Has anyone cashed out by check on ACR?

They say 4-8 weeks don’t see that as possible.

Next time will use BTC, but already processed.

Thanks.

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
acr

""Using Americas Cardroom Bonus Code CC1000 you will get the absolute maximum bonus of 100% up to $1000 free. If you're looking for the best poker room bonus codes, no US online poker site offers a more rewarding 2020 poker bonus code than Americas Cardroom. The bonus offered here will match up to 100% of your first deposit up to a total of $1000 extra that you can get. There are also various other reward bonuses for playing at this site.""

Can anybody tell me if you get this given up front or is it according to the point earned system.

My first time bonus ended up being 1% of my initial buyin.

They also boast of free daily $100 tournaments. Where are they?:confused:

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Americas Cardroom Bonus Code CC1000

""Using Americas Cardroom Bonus Code CC1000 you will get the absolute maximum bonus of 100% up to $1000 free. If you're looking for the best poker room bonus codes, no US online poker site offers a more rewarding 2020 poker bonus code than Americas Cardroom. The bonus offered here will match up to 100% of your first deposit up to a total of $1000 extra that you can get. There are also various other reward bonuses for playing at this site.""

Can anybody tell me if you get this given up front or is it according to the point earned system.

My first time bonus ended up being 1% of my initial buyin.

They also boast of free daily $100 tournaments. Where are they?:confused:

I am also interested in this. How does the bonus work and what is the best way of making a deposit from the USA? Any comments are appreciated.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am also interested in this. How does the bonus work and what is the best way of making a deposit from the USA? Any comments are appreciated.
I got this from ACR website, I know in regard to reload bonuses, the releases I had on the last 3 I did was in $5 increments not 1 dollar increments but the 1 dollar increments may still be good on initial deposit bonuses. Also the clearance rates were different on all 3 of my reload bonuses. Also on the ACR poker software you can now find your bonus details by clicking "Rewards" button ane then clicking on "Bonuses".

https://www.americascardroom.eu/play-poker-for-real-money/getting-a-bonus/

Last edited: