DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I finally received my first withdrawal from the new 888.ca and was charged 14$. I've never been charged for any transfers from 888 before.
Anyone else having this issue?
I think I have to change the IBAN/SWIFT code.. have emailed support, but to be honest, they're never helpful. :/

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I got charged for mine. I used an e-transfer withdrawal.

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
888Poker always takes money from withdrawals. Really annoying their business model.

orsino12

orsino12

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you know for certain if the $14 charge is from 888 or your bank?

When 888 made it so my only withdrawal option is wire transfer (previously they would put the money back onto my visa) I noticed with my first wire transfer withdrawal when I got my money it was short and I was about to go off on how 888 changed my withdrawal options then charging me for the new option.

After checking things out I found they sent the proper amount (not counting their horrid exchange rate), but my bank charges $15 Cdn. per wire transfer regardless of the amount, which is why I try to build up my bankroll higher now before withdrawing.

I miss having the option to have the money put on my CC, it was faster and more cost effective.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tried to reg for 888.ca but could't,,,looks like i'm not missing much,,, :deal: lol

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Unfortunately the bank fees are absurd, depending on the value, the fees swallow an exorbitant part. not counting currency conversion

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's a bank charge, not 888. I NEVER had a bank charge for my withdrawals/wire transfers before the change to 888.ca though.

Do you know how to change your banking information? I don't see the option anywhere...
I mailed support, but they haven't got back to me yet :/ I don't want to make another withdrawal until I change it... ugh.

Do you know for certain if the $14 charge is from 888 or your bank?

When 888 made it so my only withdrawal option is wire transfer (previously they would put the money back onto my VISA) I noticed with my first wire transfer withdrawal when I got my money it was short and I was about to go off on how 888 changed my withdrawal options then charging me for the new option.

After checking things out I found they sent the proper amount (not counting their horrid exchange rate), but my bank charges $15 Cdn. per wire transfer regardless of the amount, which is why I try to build up my bankroll higher now before withdrawing.

I miss having the option to have the money put on my CC, it was faster and more cost effective.

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ontario is happy with a gram of flesh,
The banks take a pound.

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh I got charged $30 for my wire withdrawal I am planning to email 888 now(not even $14)

Last edited:
10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always withdraw at 888ppoker and it does not charge any commission, you have to check well, your bank is charging you commission.

Mundug

Mundug

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can easy withdraw my money from 888poker. 10 minumum and no fee. I like 888.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have already asked 888 before and they do not make any charge, it is the bank that makes the charge, that is why it is not convenient to withdraw a small amount of money,:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

M

mange12345

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I finally received my first withdrawal from the new 888.ca and was charged 14$. I've never been charged for any transfers from 888 before.
Anyone else having this issue?
I think I have to change the IBAN/SWIFT code.. have emailed support, but to be honest, they're never helpful. :/
Sound like a ripoff to me. Only bad thing when the poker sites hold all the cards, and can do as they please. Playing on line poker has lots of disadvanages.

N

Nicole788

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm in Ontario, and I never use the bank withdrawal because BMO charges me at least $14+ depending on the withdrawal amount since they treat it as a wire transfer, hence subject to the horrible bank fees. So it's not 888 that is taking a commission.

So instead, I only use Interac e-transfer for withdrawals, and there are no fees from 888 or Interac. I've done this regularly for a long time. However, to have Interac e-transfer available for withdrawals, you have to make at least one deposit with this payment method (it can be a small amount), and then it's always available for all future withdrawals.