Zoom poker, worth playing?

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a lot of zoom poker and wonder what other thoughts are on zoom. I find I can bluff more often and but find catching others bluffing comes far and few. People tend to wait for premium hands and play them strong when they get it. 3 betting really shows how good their hands really are when villains only call then check the flop and turn. Bluffing can be used more often when others don’t push back on you when raising. BUT u do get raised here and there and have learned....they have it always! Don’t reraise.
Do find tilt is a monster which hiding behind every turned over card, waiting to jump out at you and steal your chips.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Zoom ? What Zoom ? 9max disappeared , I think 6max has less players than before , what's happening .

I tried 6max , now that 9 Max is gone , one crazy hand and bad beat after the other , won't play again zoom for good

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
You are right, but what is the reason that 9max Zoom tables disappeared on PS?

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like playing zoom poker, i think in zoom you show your ability to play and even bluff.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I like zoom poker. It is the only form of cash game poker I would play these days. My preference is usually mtt or sngs. I like the pace of the games I can play 30 mins to an hour a day and play many many hands.

I am one of those people you mention that waits on premium holding mostly. It has served me well in this format against the aggressors. I do not look to win many pots but the pots I look to win I intend them be large.

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like zoom poker. It is the only form of cash game poker I would play these days. My preference is usually mtt or sngs. I like the pace of the games I can play 30 mins to an hour a day and play many many hands.

I am one of those people you mention that waits on premium holding mostly. It has served me well in this format against the aggressors. I do not look to win many pots but the pots I look to win I intend them be large.

You won’t get large pots off me, your reraise always tells me when u have kings or aces...and I’m also known to willingly go up against them with the right drawing hands... but I also speak of PLO where kings n aces r the only thing that seems to be played n cracking them is a sinch

E

etouu1979

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't particularly like the zoom, it doesn't let me read my table and my opponents, and when I meet them again later, everything is different.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like zoom tournaments.I rarely bluff in this format because everyone comes in with strong hands.That's why I also go into battle only with strong hands and don't worry.In this format I like the speed of the game, very fast

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are right, but what is the reason that 9max Zoom tables disappeared on PS?

Because people stopped playing them. The 2NL 9-max table is still in the lobby but has not been running for a while. Unless this change soon, it will likely be removed, just as the higher limit tables were one by one. The 16NL 6-max table has also stopped, and might also eventually be removed.

The issue is, that once a Zoom table stops, its very difficult to get it running again. With a normal table it just require 2 players to sit down and play heads-up, and then we have a game going. But Zoom tables are like SnGs. They wont start, until a certain minimum of players have registered. And that then just never happen.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do find tilt is a monster which hiding behind every turned over card, waiting to jump out at you and steal your chips.

I really agree with that, and perhaps that is part of the reason, why I never found much success in Zoom games, when I was a cash game grinder. I do think, Zoom games are much harder to beat though, even if you dont tilt. The main problem is, its more difficult to get a read on other players, and the format also help bad players fix their main leak, which is playing to many hands. As a clear sign of this, there is much less limping in Zoom games according to my PT4 database.

On the upside Zoom poker is undeniably very convenient, especially when you cant commit yourself to a long session of playing. There is no going on waiting lists and no waiting to be dealt in. And if you want to sit out, you can also do it right away without waiting for the blinds to come around to you, and then when you return, you are right back in the game, as soon as you sit in. So I can certainly understand, why some people like the format.

AugustWest

AugustWest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What does everyone think of the "zoom" style poker on ACR or ignition?
I haven't given them a tumble yet, still trying to get back in the groove with FR 2NL...

I

ireneuszmasajlo

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
.This form of poker largely takes away those distracting emotional elements, whether they be tilt-induced revenge on a player who sucked out on you or playing a hand you know you shouldn’t simply out of boredom.

Sansam

Sansam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love playing Zoom poker. You can bluff more often, you can always wait for a strong hand and play it more aggressively and Zoom is not boring)

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love zoom poker .can stay out for 100 hands in 2 minutes .

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like poker games with zoom tables. I don't like poker games with zoom tables. And with luck in games, my circumstances are not very good )))

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can adjust your strategy on zoom poker. The hands come at you faster, so your opponents tend to fold faster. The means that you can bluff more often.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Zoom Playing

I play a lot of zoom poker and wonder what other thoughts are on zoom. I find I can bluff more often and but find catching others bluffing comes far and few. People tend to wait for premium hands and play them strong when they get it. 3 betting really shows how good their hands really are when villains only call then check the flop and turn. Bluffing can be used more often when others don’t push back on you when raising. BUT u do get raised here and there and have learned....they have it always! Don’t reraise.

I have found that when I can't win a flip or draw in tournament poker I'll switch to low cost Zoom and regularly, 7 out of 9 times, I will double my money or better. I agree that bluffing seems to work well until you meet another bluffer then look out :):):)

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tried zoom poker. It's certainly better than playing at simple cash tables. But I rarely use bluffs.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like Zoom or any similar poker formats, I prefer normal tables with standard time limit.

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play Zoom poker. Hard to win in my opinion. Played nearly 80,000 hands and I am a break even player haha

Maybe I should pack it in. Or I am just shit at Poker :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I only play Zoom poker. Hard to win in my opinion. Played nearly 80,000 hands and I am a break even player haha

Maybe I should pack it in. Or I am just shit at Poker :)

I think of it as an opportunity for mproving upon one's game! I like the format for this reason.

I also like it because I don't get enough time in the day where I can commit to MTT's but I can pack in a fair amount of play while 4 to 6-tabling ZOOM/Snap/FastForward tables. I also tend to play at much smaller limits while on those tables.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I feel like players tend to play better on zoom tables than the regular ones.

100% agree!

And...
It's crucial to label players (colour code) especially identifying the regs (the good regs, & not so good regs)
LOTS of the regs will be 3-betting light/wide... where as others won't be (only the top tier hands like some have suggested in this thread)

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play a lot of zoom. And here is one tip for you: if you got reraised on the turn ( u bet ur big pair preflop, got called; u bet on the flop, got called again; u bet on the turn and got reraised) 99% of the time u are beat.