Zoom Poker - Strategies, Pros and Cons

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I occasionally play 6-Max zoom cash. I do tighten up my ranges a bit in early position and from the blinds.
I don’t play any zoom tournaments expect for the Triple Threat from time to time. Being a PKO and 3-Max the strategy is very different from a full ring zoom tournament.

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It is a very dynamic variant and you decide fast if you stay at a table or leave quickly, it has its advantages and disadvantages

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like zoom but you have got to be KK or AA patient in order to go all in preflop.
Play 50 and 1 dollar blinds to finish cardex challenge where received extra 2 and 5 dollars several times.
Then cash out when clear it and double or triple buy in before luck turns.
Anybody win anything decent in CARDEX challenge?:D
Week 1 task 1

Week 1 task 3

Last edited:
H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What I notice about Zoom is you cant get reads on opponents because you dont see the end of the hands youre not in. You face different opponents each hand until the field gets small. Its harder for them to get a read on you also. You can play a lot more hands per hour. Just make up for antes and blinds when you find a hand to play. It seems easier from my limited experience to steal a blind in the middle stages but gets difficult once they get big.
I like the game but wouldnt play it full time. Theres lots of strategy articles in pokerstars school.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love ZOOM poker is my favorite kind of game, because of the quick decision - making, because of a speed, do not sit back and lose heart, and immediately to the point. For half an hour, I raise from $ 300 - $1600

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most asked question in ZOOM Poker is whether to go with single-ended connectors )

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me Zoom is a variation to the players have another kind of fun game. I play zoom but only if there's no other choice. My strategy, in general basis, is very simple, like play only premium hands and, the trouble ones if I'm the blinds. Fold fast 4 the next.🤠
Best of Lucky.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I play zoom, what I try the most is to wait at the table where I am until my turn arrives, so as not to consume the chips so fast each time they take money away from them.

M

maxboy44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play zoom for a short while when I am bored with waiting for players in the normal games.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
REG Labels?

As i have knowledge, it is the same strategy of 6max .. so, basic strategy of game in cash of 6 people, basically the same ranges and some basic tips of that type of modality ..

most of the people I have seen on the web do not advise to play zoom because most of the regulars are there. So, it seems healthier to play normal cash. Positive? good another person I have read and heard that says be positive because you do not waste much time, basically the same action in shorter time.

In my opinion I have more fun playing zoom, it is faster, you do not get bored but it seems a dangerous modality .. many regulars playing tight .. many doing aggressive re-ups .. the perfect word could be ¨ dangerous ¨ i guess.

Thanks for sharing.

Have you found it possible to identify and label REGS? If so can we use an avoidance technique as a money maker? Have you been using such a technique?

Any thoughts you might have would be welcome.

:D:)