shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Not a massive fan of zoom as I prefer a more traditional and natural table dynamic to develop at my tables.
Unfortunately I enjoy heads up Omaha and some of the best action is at Stars so I am forced to play this format.
Hadn't really considered the more conservative BR you should employ so this article was very useful to me.

Nelson1712

Nelson1712

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This style of game I consider a Guillotine .. if you want to lose your money quickly enter those tables, I do not like at all, are more lost than profits .. is my point of view and respect the other opinions about it

bijan777

bijan777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zoom poker has high variance. I think everybody who plays zoom must have a strong bankroll.

It's my experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is not like to be a game habit if it is fun and fast that is what makes it attractive to play it in late and tight pocision helps you a lot is easy to win but it is easier to lose your bank very fast:bath:

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely play on the scale, mainly to make money entering any cheap tournament, nl 2 almost the same players play, many have color labels, I’m bored playing regular tables for so long.

migesan

migesan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
interesting game, I played it a few times, but I think that in this game you really need to be a shark, you can play with these large tournaments on a wide range of cards, but it's not a game for me because I can not follow the players.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
good slogan Zoom Poker Love it or hate it ... I particularly do not like it, maybe because of little practice or even ignorance .... the lack of reading about the opponents and what makes me more disinterested by this modality. .. but on the other hand the question of the volume of game in less time can be a good advantage that this modality can offer

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Zoom is different variable in poker, first I found is to never fold if your in the blinds or on the button, many fold to fast because of their card holdings, If you play on you can find easy money by small raises as your opponent is sometimes waiting for all those folds from others

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have played this variation on several sites and can usually make it into the money if it's the tournament style or increase my initial buy-in by 1/3rd if it's cash. I found it to be a game of anticipation.
The article I did not find to be very informative (sorry). One thing I would have liked to have seen in the article was an analysis of this game relative to the site's perspective. For example, does this game generates more rake per hands dealt than the regular games? Is there a statistical advantage in playing this game rather than the regular games if you are a +ROI player? And similar questions.

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recently, I am increasingly intending to play in the zoom. Because RNG still leaves much to be desired. I'm tired of writing about it everywhere, in every message I have about RNG in online poker. Zoom allows you to avoid stupid situations when you lose to the same player at the table, having even the top combination in the form of AA in your hand.:boring:

Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I like to play poker at multiple tables at a time.
So it is too much hard for me to handle also a zoom table.
I don't play that variant of poker very often, but I like it.
All players must fold garbage till AA or KK so we have to play a strong hand.

S

Souza322

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks! i definitive need to read this

ROman77

ROman77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to play zoom ..there is the possibility of studying the enemy ..strategy as such, too, there is no raise re-raise with a strong hand ..often there are moving, with an aggressive style of play..

Ivansito26

Ivansito26

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never liked this type of game the ZOOM, I think we have many disadvantages as well as advantages, but it is difficult to read a player of this style, since you should always wait for a new table with new players, so in my life I've only played poker twice this way ... and I really hate it

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I am also not a big fan of ZOOM games. Tried it several times without success. I think using a HUD with large database hands is a must while playing ZOOM, BUT - as already pointed out by other members - this type of game is played differently by sharks and recreational players. Therefore a question arise for me - if you face the same opponents also in regular MTT's and/ or Cash Games - how much reliable hands database would be :confused:

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don t like to play this kind of game , it takes all the fun out of the game , evryone is searching for the best cards . Zoom has advantages and disadventages .it allows you to play more hands , and play against different players , but it takes the fun out .

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ZOOM POKER

I do not like the structure as for me I prefer a game where I analyze the opponent and adapt myself to exploit the weaknesses of it and this is a segment of poker that I find very interesting

But the Zoom Poker allows you to see more hands and it pays to play this game in position and with a range of hands well defined by position to take greater advantage

I can still be making use of this segment in the future but for now it does not attract me

:jd4:mateuspoker

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have only played SNAP which is 888's version of zoom poker.

I normally play either NL2 or NL5 SNAP on 888 and I find that the players here are very aggressive and are 3-betting very often. This is a huge contrast from the normally passive tables in the normal cash games offered at this room. I found it a little easier (and more profitable) to play normal 6-man cash games.

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Zoom poker is very attractive in the view of fast dealing at the tables. IMO, only players with strictly followed bank management can play at easy in this format of the game. The rest of all have dealing with Zoom for the fun. As for me, I was playing Zoom poker to warm up before any big tournament which I have started to play.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like this variant very much, when I play, I prefer to play the format that delivers the MTT.
Play most of the time with the top range and literally TAG.
I only try to exploit when I am very short, otherwise I will not abandon the main plan.
But I do not study the variant.

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it's hard when players think for a long time, so I like this format .. you can play the next hand without waiting for the decision of other players at the table. I do not have any other tactics for this type

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing zoom is a fun and a big constant action and personally I like to play zoom cash only.But to play only zoom is a hard robotic work where we need a huge concentration and skill where we need some soft and hand analyzer.Thats why I like to play calm mtts and relax during pauses!)

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
As most players are waiting for premium hands I found when I was able to play zoom that I made more from steals with less than premium hands than I did from premium hands in the long run, people play too tight imo and fold when you raise pre with top hands, if you play less than premium hands to steal you have to learn to fold to aggression pre flop.

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I like zoom poker a little it could be a try out for beginner at cash games for tournaments I don't like it that much and you could be aggressive and be really really careful when someone pays you always cause a lot of players like to do slowplay in this game mode and also are lot of players folding till they get monster hands so I've seen player who do very well in this game mode and alway are with big stacks

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zoom Poker I love it cause you get to play lot of hands and also like to be aggressive with player who are only waiting for premium hand or just pay to see the flop and when they don't hit they give up the hand but also is a really dangerous game due to the disadvantage of not knowing your opponents cause of the constant change but still I like it :D